Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Thx for posts.

No problem. I am always on the road so I take in alot of CNBC on Sirius Satellite. Accordingly, many of my posts and observations will be based on what I hear on this business station. Let me know when the posts are of no assistance. I am obviously long so I will tend to be bullish. Glad to see there are some bears on here to help balance out my emotions.

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2400306-tesla-higher-after-bloomberg-reports-of-chinese-sales-rebound

Bloomberg reports Tesla's (NASDAQ:TSLA) Chinese sales rose 130%-150% M/M in March. JL Warren previously reported Chinese Model S registrations fell 45% M/M in February to 260.
China was a weak spot for Tesla in Q4; Elon Musk blamed salesforce miscues. Tesla has been working to address range anxiety among would-be buyers, and (through a $2,000 option) provide more luxurious rear seats for wealthy Chinese accustomed to being chauffeured.
TSLA +1.3% AH to $193.10. Earlier today, Musk (in addition to disclosing an April 30 product launch) reiterated he's confident about Tesla's long-term Chinese prospects.

I didn't find bloomberg report though. The original chinese news was published on web around 6am EDT, but I didn't catch it up earlier, otherwise I should had bought low in this morning.

Elon, from my experience dealing with asia and America, you are pressuring the Asian suppliers the wrong way and not leaving them much room to save face.

A more well rounded approach is to find out who on the board of director is actually the real person giving orders and be seen taking his son out for a night of fun. Giving face. Right now, if Panasonic bows to your pressure demand, it'll be seen as losing face. They will do it if profit is there, but not before causing a lot of trouble.

Elon, from my experience dealing with asia and America, you are pressuring the Asian suppliers the wrong way and not leaving them much room to save face.

A more well rounded approach is to find out who on the board of director is actually the real person giving orders and be seen taking his son out for a night of fun. Giving face. Right now, if Panasonic bows to your pressure demand, it'll be seen as losing face. They will do it if profit is there, but not before causing a lot of trouble.

Hai, sensei Causalien!

No problem. I am always on the road so I take in alot of CNBC on Sirius Satellite. Accordingly, many of my posts and observations will be based on what I hear on this business station. Let me know when the posts are of no assistance. I am obviously long so I will tend to be bullish. Glad to see there are some bears on here to help balance out my emotions.

I too am a Tesla long-term bull (but trade short term around a base position that I never sell out). CNBC is just "okay", but mostly I find it is reactive news. Oftentimes the best news to find is via Elon's twitter feed and Google News (just use search tools and have it list most recent news items first). There have been times where news has come out and the stock already moves about 1-2% by the time it is on CNBC. If the news is really good, then maybe you'll get another 1-2% out of CNBC and the other main business outlets. All this being said, I think being a long-term bull means that we are on the right side of the equation. Short term however, trades here and there are a good way to churn some $ out tax free (if you have a Canadian TFSA).

I too am a Tesla long-term bull (but trade short term around a base position that I never sell out). CNBC is just "okay", but mostly I find it is reactive news. Oftentimes the best news to find is via Elon's twitter feed and Google News (just use search tools and have it list most recent news items first). There have been times where news has come out and the stock already moves about 1-2% by the time it is on CNBC. If the news is really good, then maybe you'll get another 1-2% out of CNBC and the other main business outlets. All this being said, I think being a long-term bull means that we are on the right side of the equation. Short term however, trades here and there are a good way to churn some $ out tax free (if you have a Canadian TFSA).

McMuggets,
Thanks for the suggestion. As I'm sure you saw, Maoing and some others on this thread benefited from Maoing's scooping the China March delivery numbers before the mainstream got their hands of it. I'm going to make a point to keep some cash on the ready for such moments.

Free sensationalist headline, no citation required:

Breaking: Could the pundits have gotten it completely wrong, and is Tesla ready to post a surprise blowout sales quarter next ER in China, Norway and North America? Is it time to buy this undervalued gem of a stock? 10 reasons you can't afford not to click this!

Love it.

But didn't sales drop 46% from Jan to Feb (due to New Year of course, but still) meaning that even a 150% increase from Feb is only 35% more in March relative to Jan. Of course this is good news, and in line with Musk's claim that demand is steadily growing, but it's not a HUGE sudden increase in demand, just like February didn't represent a huge drop in demand.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I don't think so. With very low solar deployment in China, I can't figure out how stationary product can be sold in China.

What about for peak shaving and in the case of power-cuts as an alternative/supplement to back-up generators?

the famous "China Sales Rise" news on BBG....does any one have any details about the Boao Forum?

Here is a link to the report from Xinhua.

Boao is an important event, Xi Jinping opened Boao and as far as I can see, China wants to create a hughe bank to invest in interesting infrastructure projects worldwide.

Xi Jinping opened the Boao Forum in China with a plea for political and economic cooperation concerning Asia.
During his key note speech, the Chinese president called on the continent to take part in a programme he launched: the so-called ‘Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road Initiatives.’
“The programme and the establishment of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – AIIB – are open to all,” he said. “We welcome the countries along the road and all the Asian nations. We also welcome friends from every continent.”

Here is a link to the report from Xinhua.

Boao is an important event, Xi Jinping opened Boao and as far as I can see, China wants to create a hughe bank to invest in interesting infrastructure projects worldwide.

Haven't watched it myself, but I have this link Baidu CEO Robin Li interviews Bill Gates and Elon Musk at the Boao Forum, March 29 2015 - YouTube

And overnight Elon had a discussion with "zedd" and deadmaus hinting at 0-60 in 2.8s... possible 1.1g demo as warm up to April 30 Elon Musk on Twitter:

*speculation* If the 0-60 in 2.8s is revealed, two possibilities.
(1) Firmware only.
(2) Requires a new 110 kWh battery, this would probably coincide with Model X unveil. But unless Elon goes all "one more thing" style it would probably be its own event.

I understand the point you're making, however, Panasonic has already begun to see it from Elon's side per the comment made recently by Panasonic (and the fact it was Tesla that shored up Panasonics bottom line). I think there was likely plenty of compromise between the two and that partnership can be an example for other caution type suppliers.

As a general point, even if it's uncomfortable, there comes a point when you need to step out of your comfort zone and go for it, otherwise the opportunity passes you by. I think Tesla is making it clear that the wooing period is over, time to act, or we'll act without you.

According to market-research firm Strategic Vision Tesla Model S is the most-loved new car on sale in the U.S. for the second year in a row: GreenCarReports
From the report:
Strategic Vision's New Vehicle Experience Study asks consumers to rate their cars, with "I Love It" as the most positive response.
In the current survey of 534,000 owners, a remarkable 92 percent of Model S owners checked the "love it" box - the highest percentage of any vehicle covered in the survey.

Status
Not open for further replies.