Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if someone has already posted this, but the WSJ actually gives us a positive review: Impossible! http://on.wsj.com/1BXdLz4

Even ultra-bear Cramer has said, love the car, hate the company. I don't quite follow the logic--companies with excellent products usually do better than their peers--but I wouldn't declare victory on the WSJ front just yet.

Even ultra-bear Cramer has said, love the car, hate the company. I don't quite follow the logic--companies with excellent products usually do better than their peers--but I wouldn't declare victory on the WSJ front just yet.

Exactly. Victory is when we retake the 200 day and then the ATH. I don't see the latter until q4 at the very best, most likely next year. I hope we can do the former this quarter though. We have a lot of downward momentum to break. All the other breakouts were sideways trends. This one will be a huge challenge.

That often results from an emotional bias. Cramer may really mean that he hates (envies?) Elon Musk.

Commenters like JC often say they love the car but hate the share price. Perhaps JC conflated the company with share price. It does not make sense for anyone to hate Tesla company.

Commenters like JC often say they love the car but hate the share price. Perhaps JC conflated the company with share price. It does not make sense for anyone to hate Tesla company.

Auzie has a good point here. Bears who say they love the car are basically using that statement to mean, "see, I'm not biased, I actually like the car." They're using that statement to declare themselves fair and reasonable before they attack the stock with a vengeance.

Auzie has a good point here. Bears who say they love the car are basically using that statement to mean, "see, I'm not biased, I actually like the car." They're using that statement to declare themselves fair and reasonable before they attack the stock with a vengeance.

However in the case of Cramer, he cringes when he mentions the name Elon Musk. Ditto for Cory Johnson at Bloomberg, who also thinks the car is cool.

Last edited:
The stumbling block for some people (Lovallo, Cramer, etc.) wedded to fundamental analysis is they assume it is their job to inform the market what a stock should be worth. In reality, their job is to estimate what a year from now the market will be telling them the stock is worth.

The stumbling block for some people (Lovallo, Cramer, etc.) wedded to fundamental analysis is they assume it is their job to inform the market what a stock should be worth. In reality, their job is to estimate what a year from now the market will be telling them the stock is worth.

Also, we all dislike being *wrong*. It is particularly a problem when big egos are involved (Lovallo, Cramer). So, they can't let go of their original predictions/analysis as they feel it makes them less credible in the future.

Spot on. And that is why they should calibrate their discounted cash flow models to current or recent market prices, back solving for implied discount. The market discount is the price that the market puts on future earnings. It is enough to forecast the earnings and allow the market to put a price on it.

Just gotta say happy Easter to all:) todays news were indeed very good! Watching Norwegian sales I had a feeling this quarter would deliver.

Earlier today I was off to our family cabin for some skiing in the Norwegian mountains and while on the train(waiting to get my drivers license and Model S) I met a Swiss guy touring Norway. We had 3 good hours of conversation and from early on he remarked how there was many Teslas to be seen around the country. So I gave him an update on what Tesla is about and answered his questions, telling him about why the car is so great. Well, he knew about some things but really did not know how things work with a Tesla. Him being from St. Moritz in the alps, I could tell him about his local supercharger station:) well to put things short, I might have persuaded him to buy a Model S! This must have been good karma on a very Good Friday :) Arriving at the cabin I was informed of the news and had a beer with my brother to celebrate. (He is also a Tesla fan,like many here)

Looking forward to Q2, I am absolutely positive the numbers will be high again in Norway. The reason: people here love AWD, and these deliveries did not start before March 13(from this day the deliveries skyrocketed) Secondly, incentives will continue through 2017 so people will grab the opportunity. Third: Norway just loves Tesla !

Happy Easter from Norway

Last edited:
Just gotta say happy Easter to all:) todays news were indeed very good! Watching Norwegian sales I had a feeling this quarter would deliver.

Earlier today I was off to my family cabin for some skiing in the Norwegian mountains and while on the train(waiting to get my drivers license and Model S) I met a Swiss guy touring Norway. We had 3 good hours of conversation and from early on he remarked how there was many Teslas to be seen around the country. So I gave him an update on what Tesla is about and answered his questions, telling him about why the car is so great. Well, he knew about some things but really did not know how things work with a Tesla. Him being from St. Moritz in the alps, I could tell him about his local supercharger station:) well to put things short, I might have persuaded him to buy a Model S! This must have been good karma on a very Good Friday :) Arriving at the cabin I was informed of the news and had a beer with my brother to celebrate. (He is also a Tesla fan,like many here)

Looking forward to Q2, I am absolutely positive the numbers will be high again in Norway. The reason: people here love AWD, and deliveries did not start before March 13(from this day the deliveries skyrocketed) Secondly, incentives will continue through 2017 so people will grab the opportunity. Third: Norway just loves Tesla !

Happy Easter from Norway

Happy Easter back!

Thanks for great news.

I am curious if Norwegians that bought Model S before D was available are likely to trade up.

Happy Easter from Georgia, USA. I love these 10,030 little Easter eggs rolling around.

Our state will lose a $5000 state tax credit for EVs in mid-July. Spoke with a LEAF driver and Tesla shareholder today about it and showed him my new car. He very well may try to purchase one before the credits expire. So demand in Georgia should pull forward this quarter. I hope that Tesla will make every effort to deliver as many as possible in Georgia before the expiration. Other states can wait. We need these cars now.

Happy Easter from Georgia, USA. I love these 10,030 little Easter eggs rolling around.

Our state will lose a $5000 state tax credit for EVs in mid-July. Spoke with a LEAF driver and Tesla shareholder today about it and showed him my new car. He very well may try to purchase one before the credits expire. So demand in Georgia should pull forward this quarter. I hope that Tesla will make every effort to deliver as many as possible in Georgia before the expiration. Other states can wait. We need these cars now.

Maybe for Georgia residents they could offer/add a guarantee of delivery date by July to the order page. Something along the lines of the Amazon, place your order by Dec 18th to arrive for Christmas notification message.

Status
Not open for further replies.