Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're above the 50 day moving average, and scarily close to the 100 day. Nice trends.

I think the announcement on April 30th is going to be bigger than the press realizes. IMHO, they've already signed several contracts worth quite a pretty penny.

Yep. I really hope Tesla unveils industrial and/or utility stationary storage contracts. That could be huge for TSLA stock price along with giving some projections around revenue expectations

Bought 1min after I read tweet from Phil LeBeau about new Model S 70D.
Green.

To be clear....I'm not using money in the sidelines.....just loading up with some more risk... (converting stock to LEAPS for higher leverage). If we go down from here I can buy the "protective" short call for a small gain and then ride my long call back up. This is the only option strategy I've been able to use successfully in a semi-consistent way so far.

I've also got a "just in case" cash reserve at the ready if anything major happens. It should allow me to shoot an emergency revival option strategy if a big opportunity arises.

I just feel like we are on a rise trajectory at this point. We might have some bumps along the way but JAN2017 is far enough to be able to absorb those hits. Also bull call spreads gain as time passes so not too much time pressure and I can live my life without going insane.

I might take some protective measures on the eve of the storage event just in case "buy the rumour sell the news" happens (by locking in some of the gains from I think probable pre-event rise)....but I feel like the event might still offer some nice surprises. The SolarCity connection is a powerful one.

Here is a musical description of how it feels to board the TSLA train: Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne Lyrics Video - YouTube

I'm looking at some Jan17 LEAPS to set up a Bull Call Spread.....short term seems still shaky but I just don't want to risk missing the train here. Anyone else looking at similar trades at the moment?

I sold off the rest of my stock at $255 and I now hold a pretty significant amount of J17 LEAPS (200's, 210's, 220's, 230's) and a bit of J16 LEAPS. If it goes back to the low-mid 180's, I'll nibble at more. I have ample cash in reserves, and patience on my side.

In October/November, I plan to convert most of my J17's to J18's ASAP -- this wil def. capture Model 3 excitement, leading right up to production. Screw short-term options.

Musings on this week's activity:

all TSLA has to do is rise just one dollar a day for every trading day the rest of this year....

...and I shall be one very, very happy camper: (211+185) = $396. Hmmmm..... :rolleyes:

On high volatility days when I come here and there are 6 pages of posts, I read the most current two pages and usually skip the rest. Half the time those two pages will have quotes in them from the previous pages that you missed so you get a general idea of the discussion. Besides if you are doing really short term trades then those older pages are just history and likely way outdated by time you get to them.

When someone writes a dissertation I usually skim over it for points to read in detail unless it is from a member whom I personally view as highly regarded. Then I will start off reading the entire post. If it starts sounding like Charlie Browns teacher then I resort to the skimming method. (Sorry posters I highly regard).

Just my method of keeping up.

I think I have some sort of Tesla OCD.. I've read every post here since 2013. Sometimes when I fall a day or two behind it takes a whole evening to catch up. I personally take interest in the path dependency of the stock price and like the full play by play here.

100-day MA is 211.14. That'd be a nice mark to hit today.

We briefly breached it this morning. That's a very positive sign. Might take a couple of tries to see us close past it, perhaps into next week.

I think sentiment has clearly changed with the recent announcements (10,030 deliveries, 70D launch, upcoming new product) and we'll see a continued up trend.

I think I have some sort of Tesla OCD.. I've read every post here since 2013. Sometimes when I fall a day or two behind it takes a whole evening to catch up. I personally take interest in the path dependency of the stock price and like the full play by play here.

I have to admit I'm the same way. I've read every post on the short term thread since Mar'13. Some evenings I have a lot of homework!

I've created a new thread in the Investor Discussions for our continued musings on the 70D: S70D investor implications

Fifteen posts from this thread have pre-populated the first page.:biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

There are a lot of people who read (almost) only threads here in the Investor Discussion section. It's an interesting little cul-de-sac of TMC. This is always a very fast-moving thread, but its short-term focus means that trying to read old posts is usually not worth your time, any more than reading last week's newspaper. Substantive analysis about the company and factors affecting its price ought ​to be in one of the slower-moving threads.
My bad. I was trying to remember the exact note regarding the latest battery packs from the tour and referenced his entire post because it seemed relevant again with a new perspective. I wasn't trying to clog up the STPM thread and I apologize if that has been hashed and re-hashed to death already in the 70D Investor Implications. I mostly try to keep up with the investor threads, but even that is challenging at times. :biggrin:

So the 52-week low was set last May 9th at $177.22 and the 52-week high was achieved last September 4th at $291.42. My completely made up technical analysis says that since the recent low was March 27th at $181.40 we should see $295.60 on July 22nd.

My completely made up technical analysis goes even further. Since we know that stocks always continue in the same trend uninterrupted :)tongue:), I'm sure we'll break $300 before July. Just look at the uptrend channel! (Yes, it's wishful thinking, but I do hope my June 255 calls are worth a bit more a month from now than they are today!)

tsla_ta.jpg

Seriously, though, we've broken the down trend that we've been in since last September. I expect a small pullback next week, and then it looks like 225 will be the next big resistance.

My completely made up technical analysis goes even further. Since we know that stocks always continue in the same trend uninterrupted :)tongue:), I'm sure we'll break $300 before July. Just look at the uptrend channel! (Yes, it's wishful thinking, but I do hope my June 255 calls are worth a bit more a month from now than they are today!)

View attachment 77546

Seriously, though, we've broken the down trend that we've been in since last September. I expect a small pullback next week, and then it looks like 225 will be the next big resistance.

Now that is a unicorn if I ever saw one!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.