Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - everyone is panicking. Take a chill. One thing I have learned it that things change fast. 2 months from now we could be hitting an ATH and everyone will be in great spirits. But, most people, in both scenarios aren't selling anyway, so nothing is realized (for most people).

Take the ups and the downs as they come. Nothing is ever as good as it seems - and nothing is ever as bad as it seems.

ne illegitimi carborundum

I like Tesla alot and have huge confidence that Tesla will succeed big time in future. But the sp fluctuations are just too absurd. Elon Musk could do a better Job with his Forward looking Statements in order to make sure the stock Price doesnt fluctuate that much. Thats really annoying me. For example as another tech stock, FB Mark Z. is doing a way better Job in that.

A few days ago I pointed out something that ought to be obvious. Tesla is in radio silence pre earnings and the downward manipulators are going to have a field day prior to ER. If you can afford to buy while others are selling, great. Realizing losses - probably not a great move.

NOTHING has changed about Tesla's 2016. FCF positive and profitable sales year with three product lines selling simultaneously: Model S, Model X and Tesla Energy as a backdrop to the most significant product unveil since the Ford Model T. Not Model S selling and paying for the other two to get ready to start selling against a backdrop of Model X delays. 180 degree about face in fundamentals and a moment in history that will be celebrated for a century.

A few days ago I pointed out something that ought to be obvious. Tesla is in radio silence pre earnings and the downward manipulators are going to have a field day prior to ER. If you can afford to buy while others are selling, great. Realizing losses - probably not a great move.

NOTHING has changed about Tesla's 2016. FCF positive and profitable sales year with three product lines selling simultaneously: Model S, Model X and Tesla Energy as a backdrop to the most significant product unveil since the Ford Model T. Not Model S selling and paying for the other two to get ready to start selling against a backdrop of Model X delays. 180 degree about face in fundamentals and a moment in history that will be celebrated for a century.

we have 10 days till er. If this Radio silence carries on, we will see something like $160 im afraid.

Wow - everyone is panicking. Take a chill. One thing I have learned it that things change fast. 2 months from now we could be hitting an ATH and everyone will be in great spirits. But, most people, in both scenarios aren't selling anyway, so nothing is realized (for most people).

Take the ups and the downs as they come. Nothing is ever as good as it seems - and nothing is ever as bad as it seems.

And this is how you lose money folks; by listening to the advice of "professionals," or the advice of armatures on this board. Short term is gambling, but it does provide some great insight at times. If the story doesn't change, buy more and hold.

Julian, with every week of anaemic X deliveries, something very real does change about Tesla's 2016. With every week, the probability rises that there is a serious fundamental problem. Do you consider this a possibility? Why/ why not?

Yes, they need those X sales for the cash balance, too.
There is probably some problem with X that they choose to correct and stall the production. Probably just a small thing but I think the SP deserves to be punished because of the X production.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is how you lose money folks; by listening to the advice of "professionals," or the advice of armatures on this board. Short term is gambling, but it does provide some great insight at times. If the story doesn't change, buy more and hold.

So, your advice is to listen to professionals on this board?

Julian, with every week of anaemic X deliveries, something very real does change about Tesla's 2016. With every week, the probability rises that there is a serious fundamental problem. Do you consider this a possibility? Why/ why not?

Model X is fine. First time you get to know it is Inside EVs etc tally of US DMV registrations. Model S is fine. Tesla Energy is apparently more than fine. Q4 I think was significantly better than fine on a cash flow basis owing to pull-ins from Q3 and possibly China as well plus silly season on sales of loaners and CPO.

Think of the shorts as in a state of inverted hubris if the current media cycle is anything to go by. If the stock was right now at $380 with happy idiots calling for it to go to the moon what would you think?

This, inverted.

I like Tesla alot and have huge confidence that Tesla will succeed big time in future. But the sp fluctuations are just too absurd. Elon Musk could do a better Job with his Forward looking Statements in order to make sure the stock Price doesnt fluctuate that much. Thats really annoying me. For example as another tech stock, FB Mark Z. is doing a way better Job in that.
Or Musk can hire a management team that knows what they are doing?
Honestly, I feel the market is placing the fears of what happened with the X and putting it on the 3. If Tesla let us down before and that is their history, why should we assume they can pull it off this time?

Last edited:
Or Musk can hire a management team that knows wtf they are doing?
Honestly, I feel the market is placing the fears of what happened with the X and putting it on the 3. If Tesla let us down before and that is their history, why should we assume they can pull it off this time?

Nonsense. This price action is nothing to do with the Tesla business. This is a market reaction to the FED, oil, Apple's miss, JP Morgan - and 27.7 million shorts panicking to get out before their lies are exposed. Tesla (the business) is the source of upside surprise to the lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.