Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Available to short shares at Fidelity are down from 173,416 at the market close yesterday to 67,837 as of 9:47am today (105,579 shares reduction). Estimated Annual Interest rate remains 13%

Available to short shares at Fidelity before open: 71,507. At around 10:00am yesterday there were approximately 100K shares increase in shares available to short, with the steady draw-down to the present 71,507. Estimated annual interest rate charged to short sellers is steady at 13%.

• Informative
Reactions: Papafox and Rarity
Thanks, I thought I already did. But people mentioned unspecified emails "Yup, it's up" and "300 pages" so I jumped to the conclusion it was something other than the 10-Q from 5 Aug.

Apparently it was something else.

Sorry for any contribution to the confusion! Helpful is better...
It's an S-4 filing, and I got the email from tesla investor relations. If you don't get those you can sign up to be notified of any tesla release or securities statement at ir.tesla.com

In other words, Tesla need to raise capital before the end of the year to accelerate production to meet HIGH DEMAND. Furthermore, one of the main reasons the stock has fallen over the past few weeks was probably due to the convertible senior notes.

Panasonic has explicitly stated it will make as much capital available to Tesla as Tesla needs. I'm positive Tesla also has other partners who are prepared to make cash available to Tesla if/when it is needed, and likely with very favorable terms.

Also, Tesla probably has to say it might not get favors terms to comply with disclosure rules since it is a potential risk.

I would be lying if I didn't admit that I'm very worried about how the market will react to this news this week. Bracing for SP <200 now....

Sure would like to see $TSLA hold this uptrend line - we are testing it now.

Screenshot 2016-08-31 08.35.33.jpg

This is bad news out of the way which makes people more comfortable owning TSLA. This generally holds true as long as the news isn't really that bad. I wouldn't be surprised if this creates a bottom.
Unfortunately, it's not really out of the way until the market knows how much money and at what share price...it could depress the price for a while until that information is released.

On the other hand, we know that Elon is now motivated to try to maintain a good share price in the near future - e.g. perhaps by emptying the pipeline for good Q3 numbers, timing Model 3 part 2 announcement sooner than later, etc.

They said they have cash to fund all their plans through the end of the year (including paying off the convertible notes), so if the additional funds needed between then and model 3 production is the same as the amount for the convertible notes then all they're really doing is raising money to pay off the notes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.