Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Lessmog
there was a 3.2 magnitude earthquake about 15 miles from the Freemont factory on Sep 28... curious if there are known/published contingency plans in the case of varying sized "events"?... (no... i'm not hoping for an earthquake... just curious)
A 3-4 Richter Magnitude earthquake occurs 49,000 times per year. 3.2 is literally nothing.

there was a 3.2 magnitude earthquake about 15 miles from the Freemont factory on Sep 28... curious if there are known/published contingency plans in the case of varying sized "events"?... (no... i'm not hoping for an earthquake... just curious)

If I were short, I think I would be hoping for an earthquake right about now.

I have no idea what the stock will do tomorrow. Seems like it could be a very big jump, but I could be wrong.. Either way, I will be sleeping better tonight having gotten a clear indication that Tesla is steadily making progress on goals which many thought were unachievable.

Referencing Tesla, Chanos points out that a clear sign of a company in trouble is rapidly exiting executives. He clearly has misinterpreted the situation. Elon was running through executives till he could find the ones that could do the job. The A team is now in place and the proof are in this quarters delivery numbers.

Mark Speigel says his average price shorting TSLA is $227. I doubt this includes the heaps and heaps of interest he's paid over the years.

No hard feelings against either of these guys. Through their interest payments, guys like Chanos and Speigel have provided me with a nice steady secondary income to fill in the gaps till TSLA takes off for real.

PEACE.

I think it would be prudent to also mention there are asteroids roaming the solar system which could pose a threat to planet Earth with little warning.
I've worked IT contingency planning for over a decade... I would not design a 30 billion dollar IT company with one datacenter in California for exactly this reason. Auto/factories are a much different thing... odds of single known asteroids hitting earth are about 1/250k in decades... odds of major earthquake in CA...

"The California Office of Emergency Services told KEYT.com that this equates to about a 1 percent increase in the likelihood of a major earthquake along the fault line through Tuesday." -- 1/100.

I've worked IT contingency planning for over a decade... I would not design a 30 billion dollar IT company with one datacenter in California for exactly this reason. Auto/factories are a much different thing... odds of single known asteroids hitting earth are about 1/250k in decades... odds of major earthquake in CA...

"The California Office of Emergency Services told KEYT.com that this equates to about a 1 percent increase in the likelihood of a major earthquake along the fault line through Tuesday." -- 1/100.

This advisory is for areas of *Southern* California, about 300+ miles south of the Fremont Factory, and has very little to do with assessment of risks to Tesla Factory.

• Informative
Reactions: sundaymorning

Elon would never let an earthquake or meteor hit the factory.

Really hope so, wondering if SCTY will jump as much as TSLA tomorrow?
I'd say so. Although I've been pretty off lately.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 8.28.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 8.28.16 PM.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 52

Fortunately the factory is not in Southern California, but I suspect that there are building codes throughout California that address the possibility of earthquakes. I'm sure that's researchable and you can probably even find information about that on this forum since I'm pretty sure we've discussed it in the past - more than a dozen times.

Certainly a natural disaster is something people will want to model into their investment thesis regardless of the company they are investing in.

I'm going to assume I'm wrong in feeling that you're now taking a passive aggressive approach with your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.