Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Tesla poised to break out again, or are we becoming delusional in this filter bubble here at TMC? I'm literally betting for the first one.
Now that's funny!

On the roughly 36,000th post in a thread discussing this exact topic and you really expect an answer?

Go back a few weeks, read all of the posts, and let us know what you decide. For the record I'm betting the same way you are.

I'm generally a believer in the idea that "price is truth" in the market. I just can't seem to fathom what I'm missing. I understand there is perceived uncertainty in the GM due to reports of discounting. Outside of that, how a beat on ambitious numbers (that no one believed was possible) does not cause a significant reaction has me flummoxed. /sigh

• Disagree
Reactions: CALGARYARSENAL
Now that's funny!

On the roughly 36,000th post in a thread discussing this exact topic and you really expect an answer?

Go back a few weeks, read all of the posts, and let us know what you decide. For the record I'm betting the same way you are.

Nope. Definitely not expecting an answer to a rhetorical question, but thanks for answering. You probably didn't expect an answer either, right?

The
Outside of that, how a beat on ambitious numbers (that no one believed was possible) does not cause a significant reaction has me flummoxed. /sigh

Not too hard to understand.

They gave and reaffirmed guidance of 80-90k cars delivered. The price had that expectation built in.

This result and the expectation they will do the same or a bit better means they will likely miss the low end of the guidance.

Not related to today, but I think this is important.

I'm feeling more and more confident that the lawsuits will be thrown out due to a lack of logic and a lack of evidence. Also, I can't find anything to confirm the lawfirm that has been promoting their "lawsuit” has been able to find a plantiff.

Isn't the burden of proof is on the part of the party who filed the lawsuit to explain why there is no logic for the merger and to prove with evidence how the merger would impact Tesla?

The claim that Tesla has conspired with a number of major firms to lie about the merger making sense, purely to keep one of Elon's companies afloat is absurd probably impossible to prove.

This would seem impossible, without having access to all of Tesla and SolarCity's data. How can someone who doesn't have access to insider information say the merger doesn't make sense?

Imagine if shareholders threatened to sue Tim Cook before Apple released the larger iPhone, arguing that Tim Cook was oblivious to market trends. :rolleyes:

I think someone tried lol.

Or my personal favorite example. When every analyst and journalists was insisting Apple was crazy for releasing the iPad mini, arguing that it would cannibalize iPhone sales. We all see how that turned out. :D

Imagine if someone had filed a lawsuit against Tim Cook in an effort to prevent Apple from releasing the iPad mini. :rolleyes:

Or if someone had tried to sue Steve Jobs to prevent Apple from releasing the iPhone. :rolleyes:

I think these filings might be causing Tesla to have to do some extra paperwork, but I seriously doubt it will prevent the merger from happening.

Last edited:
I hadn't really wrapped my head around how big a deal this is. I thought Musk was just doing his usual hype thing because roofing is pretty boring stuff so it needs extra hype, but this basically would mean that it's going to start making more economic sense to go with solar instead of traditional when a new roof is needed. And if you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to want a storage pack to go with it, and maybe a new car too.

I hadn't really wrapped my head around how big a deal this is. I thought Musk was just doing his usual hype thing because roofing is pretty boring stuff so it needs extra hype, but this basically would mean that it's going to start making more economic sense to go with solar instead of traditional when a new roof is needed. And if you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to want a storage pack to go with it, and maybe a new car too.
electrical contacts. where are the electrical contacts to send the electrons to the junction box!

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
electrical contacts. where are the electrical contacts to send the electrons to the junction box!
Its easy to envision a system where the roof panels all interconnect through their snap-together interface, and then the electrician just has to tie in the ends of each face of roof and connect it to the meter. Simple stuff. Much simpler to do for large panel style sheets of roof material than for shingle style a la the discontinued Dow Corning product.

I'm generally a believer in the idea that "price is truth" in the market. I just can't seem to fathom what I'm missing. I understand there is perceived uncertainty in the GM due to reports of discounting. Outside of that, how a beat on ambitious numbers (that no one believed was possible) does not cause a significant reaction has me flummoxed. /sigh
It's SolarCity. Just in this forum we have many people against the buyout and we are TSLA biggest fans. Can you imagine the most medium/small investors reading the FUD out there. If not for SCTY we would be in the 220s and after the release of Q3 delivery SP would be in the 250s easily.

Until the buyout happens there TSLA will not be making new highs.

Its easy to envision a system where the roof panels all interconnect through their snap-together interface, and then the electrician just has to tie in the ends of each face of roof and connect it to the meter. Simple stuff. Much simpler to do for large panel style sheets of roof material than for shingle style a la the discontinued Dow Corning product.
i remember the UniSolar ASi flexable PV that fit on standing seam roofs.
just want a teeny tiny bit more technical info
(would love a PV roof also)

It's SolarCity. Just in this forum we have many people against the buyout and we are TSLA biggest fans. Can you imagine the most medium/small investors reading the FUD out there. If not for SCTY we would be in the 220s and after the release of Q3 delivery SP would be in the 250s easily.

Until the buyout happens there TSLA will not be making new highs.

It's possible you might be right. However, isn't the offer pegged to Tesla's share price from the date mentioned on the filing (about 1 month ago?). It's possible many investors are still buying SolarCity instead of Tesla's stock due to it trading at a 25% discount to the conversion price. This would certainly explain the wild swings between $18.50 and $20.00.

Once the gap closes, Tesla should move up fairly quickly.

Reactions: tander

Agreed. If they can nail the aesthetics and cost is reasonable this could be huge. There might be a number of fair weather tesla longs on here with egg on their face in a year or two when it becomes obvious the deal at current price was a "no brainer".

• Funny
Reactions: tander
I guess Mercedes doesn't realize Tesla plans to sell every type of electric vehicle including electric trucks by 2025?

Don't you get it? Mercedes game plan is to out compete the tesla of 2016 in 2025. It's a solid strategy so long as Tesla stays where it is at currently. They've already fooled so many clickbatey articles into comparing their years off concept EV cars vs today's actual tesla offerings. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.