Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised at continued low availability of shares to short and relatively high interest rate. It appears that following the record date institutional investors are not in a hurry to put their shares into their lending programs. I would love to hear some plausible explanation for this - I expected this not to be the case...
They don't want to loan shares and then recall them.

They purchased shares in order to avoid doing that.

They have either started unloading those shares now, or are planning to do that soon, probably starting after the Q3 ER-CC.

Other interesting things from the InsideEVs scorecard. -- BMW 330e. Remember that car that BMW tried to advertise as being comparable to Model 3 only available right now? They've only sold 323.
One can't help wondering how much per car sold those two ads cost? Both in production and pushing out, and in terms of goodwill.

I can not imagine any longs selling here. Some longs might think about temporarily selling some time during H1 next year before Model 3 is ramping. Timing for the selling and buying back will be very difficult. But in case you belive in the facts about Tesla, there is simply no reason to sell now.

No, but smart longs who want to accumulate and who believe the merger will go through will be buying their TSLA shares .11 at a time - on sale :)

Looks like Mercedes might be committing to BEV. If so, they could actually survive the coming transformation. They are behind but I'm sure they will make a decent BEV if they put full effort into it. The transition from ICE will be tricky to navigate.

I'll believe they are serious when they announce a partnership with a major battery supplier to bring on 50+GWh of annual production capacity within 3-5 years. They simply can not compete at volume with tesla without doing something like this. And you can't bring on that kind of capacity overnight. We're talking about the need to build some of the largest manufacturing facilities in the world of any kind.

What's up with Jonas and Elon? They get into an argument over SCTY? PT came way down to $245. I wonder if that's what he really thinks.

Didn't Morgan Stanley sell a good portion of the last cap raise? I think Goldman was the other big seller of the cap raise. If I remember correctly, there were hard feelings from Jonas regarding the SCTY merger because the merger news came not long after the cap raise and made the Morgan Stanley salesmen look bad because the picture they were projecting of Tesla was thoroughly changed by the introduction of the SCTY merger proposal.

I think the dual trade with SCTY is hampering things. Less buyers of TSLA, as money is spent on SCTY instead. And plenty sellers of SCTY for non-TSLA reasons. It's a negative reinforcement loop, but one I think we will break.

I think analyzing margins is useful to counter program. I took a stab yesterday and I hope we can figure out if selling a slew of battery limited 60's really does hurt margins. I don't think it did.

IB as of now:

Screenshot 2016-10-04 13.39.08.png

Status
Not open for further replies.