Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but would add "level 5 acceptable to regulators". Musk will of course claim that this new tech is good enough. But he also hired a new microprocessor design team. Why are they needed? Perhaps level 6.

The great news is that there is now plenty of new hardware capability to steadily add new features. This is good for TSLA, and good for pushing EV forward faster.

The bad news is that the margin in the base model 3 is now probably negative. But that may be O.K.

I'm still trying to figure out if Musk "bet the farm" by claiming that this hardware is good enough. The dude seems to like to take unnecessary risks from a shareholder perspective.

Ummmm... level 6, that isn't a thing.

Level 5 is drive without a person in the car at all.

I like very much that AJ was right about Tesla and Uber. He knew Tesla's plans about the ride sharing platform in advance and already a lot of month ago. Thus his precise and repeated questions about ride sharing during the recent earnings calls. Thus AJ's high price target for TSLA.

Yeah, it's just too bad he couldn't keep his shirt on, then got all ugly inside and out.

Reactions: EinSV
myusername:

Only time will tell how right or wrong you are, but please understand that in this forum that you continue to choose to frequent, your posts are either ignored or laughed at. Aren't there other parties you could crash where you would feel more welcome?

He is very welcomed here by people who are open minded and want to hear different viewpoints:
"I think this is a very common mistake - to not actively seek out and listen to negative feedback." Mr. Elon Musk

I understand that some people may think this is a party and they only want to hear opinions that confirm their opinions or make them feel good. If that is all one can handle, then by all means use the ignore feature and stay in a "safe space".

he was ahead of his skis... with a bottle of whisky in his hand wearing jeans... and now Elon just bought you guys into it.

It seems you discount the possibility of a very innovative company continuing to innovate? What makes you think they will not achieve their goals when they have consistently achieved their goals in the past (albeit usually a little late)?

Stock Price action so far is nonsensical .

Safety sells, autonomous convenience sells, first mover advantage
Widens moat, etc..

The Price increase can be offset by taxi service and lower insurance.
And quasi insurance your car won't be absolete in near future.
The day is young
Even worse is mbly. It is up today. Three months after dropping Mbly tesla comes out with full autonomy. Mbly has no moat around its tech which still can not be used in rapping or fog. Three months to totally leapfrog them.

The current assistance system doesn't save lifes in average and is clearly below the average driver regarding the capabilities.

Feel free to provide your scientific data that proves your statement, while I go and reread the multitude of forum posts and FB and blogs posts from the dozens upon dozens of people who've experienced firsthand their Tesla avoiding an accident and/or saving their lives. I'll be here all day.

Fully autonomous driving is such an enormously, profoundly big deal that saying Tesla is almost there is very much unbelievable.

Add to that the fact that the cars will be rolling out without any autonomous or autopilot functionality, including the most basic stuff like emergency breaking makes all the claims that much harder to believe.

Not saying that this is what I think. This is what the broad market is thinking. But this is all short term thinking and short term reaction.

For long term holders this is very very promising and should be very reinforcing for people heavily invested into TSLA.

Being short is like sitting on a highly explosive time bomb. Any reasonable rational short will slowly slip out while the disbelief is still lingering. I no longer believe in a potential short squeeze... Eventually big/massive run up in the stock price will happen as big money pours in on the long side.

I'm still trying to figure out if Musk "bet the farm" by claiming that this hardware is good enough. The dude seems to like to take unnecessary risks from a shareholder perspective.

a) he always bets the farm, that's how he rolls
b) it's Elon's vision so none of the risks are unnecessary as they all eventually lead to the goal
c) if you are of the opinion the dude's risk taking is unnecessary, the free will exists to unbecome a shareholder; imagine the euphoria of such a boring life

I like to know if older cars can be upgraded with the new hardware.
It can't. Listen to the audio of the q and a.

All sounds right to me. In theory analysts should help accelerate understanding of the implications but based on recent actions by Goldman, Adam Jonas and the like I am not holding my breath.

Regardless, at a certain point reality will start to matter and get priced in to the stock.

The only "negative" to the news is a rollback on AP features until validation is complete, which they said should be in December. Is that what everyone is fretting about, a 2 month wait? Isn't that exactly what they did when they first shipped AP1?

Elon said:
"Autonomy is going to come a hell of a lot faster than anyone thinks it will, and I think what we've got under development is going to blow people's minds. It blows my mind," he said.
It's not going to be that long before the Tofu comes off the grill :D!

If Tesla closes down on the day it's time to double your position!
not in the short term

i am as bullish as you are , though have been sucking wind
too long.

Bullish news should be followed by bullish price action, otherwise
i am cautious. Just my opinion.

Closing higher on the day would negate the negative attitude
towards everything tesla.

Last edited:
You know, I keep dumping money into my brokerage account with full intent to diversify more. Really, I do. Then I see irrational market movements in TSLA (as I predicted would happen today) and it makes it so hard.

I'm sitting on more dry powder than I have in a while now. And it is so, so hard not to dump it all in TSLA right now. I'm going to try my best to wait until pre-ER and go heavy into options if I can't find a better place to park this cash in the meantime.

Does anyone have access to Adam Jones note from this morning? A summary will be very much appreciated.

From what I see he maintained Equalwt/Cautious rating with 245 price target (no change since June 23).

Wonder what is holding him up, especially today.

Status
Not open for further replies.