Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever hear of Wrightspeed?
No, that's not what I was saying, but they look like they have quality equipment. I've been saying use jet engines for electric generation on trucks for a long time. Finally, someone's done it. Also, their targeted slip rate is awesome. Very quality stuff.

What I was saying was lighter equipment that weighs less, going around picking up one block or half a block load of garbage at a time, not half a town's worth.

However, Wrightspeed is far better than traditional diesels. I'd say if any truck in the future is not fully electric, then Wrightspeed would be the least good they could do, otherwise, they just aren't good enough.

image.jpeg

• Trump winning the election is the latest bogey man that people use to explain the stock.
Trump has been so far behind since the conventions, it isn't even funny.

I look forward to what the new bogey man is after Clinton wins since the mean old shorts is getting a bit old.
Maybe Russia? Samsung exploding products?

It's funny to look back at his TMC posts knowing who he is now. For his sake, I really hope he was getting paid to troll, otherwise it's pretty pathetic that a CFO would be wasting time on an internet forum like that.

Hopefully, people who are concerned with the importance of "hearing both sides of the story" or trying to "educate the bears" will realize they can stop wasting their time.
Wait a minute...."wasting time here"...take that back.

why when you use the internet "waybackmachine" that saves pages, is Montana Skeptic from SA in the tweets?
Elon Madoff (@ValuationMattrs) | Twitter

(nice price action today, although I have moved my retirement portfolio to all cash until wednesday at the earliest)
to be fair, i directly asked Montana S and he denied knowing, with the disclaimer that many people tweet towards him and doesnt know that dude

Elon hints at solar car roof option for the Model 3 in the future.
At some point, solar body panels on cars is going to make sense. I don't think we're there yet, but it could just be a matter of months or years before we are, if not decades. The numbers just add up. And now, for the first time, I think there's a company that just might calculate when it will be worth it, and start offering it.
No, It has louvers built in. :)
Haha, but seriously, it's tech like this that within decades could be used to automatically divert blinding, blazing, hot, scorching and/or UV sunlight into solar panels. The only question is how long ... 1, 2, or 3 decades, or dare I say a little less than 1 decade away?

In 1984 we had the capability to make any hologram we wanted, allowing us to turn holograms into any complex lens type we wanted. Now, with the glass tech we have by now, things must be even more amazing at what it's capable of doing.
Try like 3-5 miles of range.
Hybrid Solar Electric Cars : Refueling With The Sun up to 35 more like, in the future. The only question in my mind is how far in the future. It's basically possible within ten years, if R&D was done. And, 35 miles is the full commute of a lot of people, and with a 200 mile range battery, excess from the prior days could accumulate, allowing spikes in use and lulls in supply. Also, if concentraters are used (as I implied above), double that, so 70 miles a day ... that's a supremely capable collection amount.
If Tesla has secretly added transparent/glass Solar Panels on the Model 3, as Elon just hinted, Tesla basically just guaranteed the Model 3 is at least 5-10 years ahead of every other company.
I really don't think Elon hinted that. I think he hinted they're doing some low-hanging-fruit R&D on it, though.

Last edited:
Yes. The goal is to damage the community and cause quality contributors to give up. I would say they have succeeded really well too. This stuff matters people.

Some of us are bastards and don't give up when negative false propaganda is being espoused. I post quite a bit on SA and don't get paid. Tesla's mission is a good one and it's worth keeping it real. If one posts consistently and with all true posts, many bears even give you grudging respect. The hardest thing to fight is reality. (However I will admit that Donald Trump is doing an excellent job of it.)

"Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

Reactions: dennis and ggies07
Admittedly I am a prejudiced long and so out of place on a short-term thread. Here is some reason to be long on America, via Daily Kos.

Hillary Clinton Wins Scholastic Student Vote

Filthy corruption is the fren of the youngins, or NOT but they will figure it out as they age. (No fan of the Chumpster-- rude,crude, insulting dude propped up by the left as the easiest mark to help coronate her elitist highness--there is an outside chance the "progressive" media's machinations may reap unintended consequences.)

If Tesla has secretly added transparent/glass Solar Panels on the Model 3, as Elon just hinted, Tesla basically just guaranteed the Model 3 is at least 5-10 years ahead of every other company.

Wouldn't this mean the Model 3 is capable of receiving a partial - full change without needing to be plugged in?

This would be amazing for many reasons.

1) Superchargers would be for 300-500 + mile trips, any vehicle included in the Tesla Fleet, or any vehicle that is regularly parked in a garage. They would also be for the 100,000-200,000 vehicles that won't have this feature.

a) This would be the answer to the question of Tesla plans to have enough Superchargers for millions of Tesla vehicles.

2) The Model 3, and future Tesla vehicles would basically have 300-500 + miles of range, without Tesla having to increase the size of the battery, since the vehicles can be charged while in use. Right?

Last edited:
Looks like the general market took a dip just now, so it could just be that.

I'm still annoyed that my order to buy SCTY yesterday during AH was only partially filled. About 1/4 of the orders yesterday at 18.25 were mine, but most still unfulfilled. Once again, I'm out a substantial amount of money because I wanted a few extra cents. Looks like I'm stuck buying around 20~ now.
My dog likes to chase his tail. It is hysterical to watch. Don't chase your tail. Sometimes you try to slice things a little too thin and you lose out. Catch your breath, step away and wait for a fresh opportunity.

Wouldn't this mean the Model 3 is capable of receiving a partial - full change without needing to be plugged in?

1) Superchargers would be for 300-500 + mile trips, any vehicle included in the Tesla Fleet, or any vehicle that is regularly parked in a garage.

2) The Model 3, and future Tesla vehicles would basically have 300-500 + miles of range, without Tesla having to increase the size of the battery, since the vehicles can be charged while in use. Right?

You are significantly over-estimating how much electricity can be gleaned from the square footage an automobile occupies.

At some point, solar body panels on cars is going to make sense. I don't think we're there yet, but it could just be a matter of months or years before we are, if not decades. The numbers just add up. And now, for the first time, I think there's a company that just might calculate when it will be worth it, and start offering it.

It seems like people are still thinking that these technologies/economics won't evolve, but I think you're right. How Long Till Solar Powered Car?
What happens to all the solar city shorts after the merger? They become Tesla shorts right? After the merger isn't the short volume on Tesla going to be just massive?
That's a good point, hadn't thought of how short % would merge too. But it sounds like you're thinking about it like you add the % together, which would be massive but not how it works, it's based on the number of shares. I imagine there could be some changes in short interest over the next week anyway with the election,scty earnings, and who knows what else.

1) Superchargers would be for 300-500 + mile trips, any vehicle included in the Tesla Fleet, or any vehicle that is regularly parked in a garage.

It seems like the way they designed the roof panels it could be applied with cars doesn't it?

Wasn't his schooling of Sorkin about the grid stunning? "There's this wire that you fill up in the morning and then take electrons out of it during the day"

Well, may be you can clarify what you mean, but if you are implying that he said that electrons are stored in the wire for a later use throughout the day, he did not. The quote in your post is not accurate.

Below is the transcription, starting at 3:20 mark. He described peak demand that need to be matched by the corresponding peak in power generation, not storage of electrons in the wires for use later in the day.

"So, there is a wire, and when you turn it on in the morning you have peak power. Peak power is because you are filling up that wire, that pipeline, with electrons. And then when you use the electrons, as you use it through the day, you are picking one or two electrons at a time. So initially a surge in power, surge in demand, then it goes down. The electric power plant, the grid is not being used at its full capacity. You have to have more than you need by about twice. So if you can level load in some way, then you can have twice as much power produced from the existing plants as you produce presently. Twice as much. So the reason this is such an interesting transaction for Tesla is that they are going to be massive producers of batteries at very low cost."

Status
Not open for further replies.