Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw, the Senate has 3 republicans who believe climate change is human caused. Lamar Alexander, Susan Collins and Lindsey Graham. None of them are fans of trump. Together with 48 democrats, this is the last flimsy wall standing between climate change and its deniers, for the next 2 years. Midterms may beach that wall.

Why is Elon tweeting this? How does it benefit Tesla? He should learn when to shut up :mad:
Meh. Elon is probably tweeting this on a personal level in that he really believes that climate change is very real and a serious threat. His twitter account has been called one of the best out there by Jack Dorsey because he does a good job of making it seem like an insight to his own personal feelings and struggles. In that sense his twitter account is very successful because it is actually genuine and not just corp PR, thus it sort of comes with the territory.

Last edited:
Why is Elon tweeting this? How does it benefit Tesla? He should learn when to shut up :mad:

I was hoping that Elon would at least maintain a warm relationship with help from Peter Thiel. Start a fight right after the election??

Will of the people is sacred and must be honored even if it is different from ours. Trump is our president now and he deserves full respect and cooperation for the next 4 years.

Tell that to the republican congress when Obama was sworn in.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Elon is a businessman first and his top priority should be getting the best out of a bad situation. Having Trump on your side is a great relief.

Elon already has so many issues to attend to, political fight with the President shouldn't be one of them. This is a problem to be solved with diplomacy and tact. Peter Thiel can help immensely to mend ways or even build a good relationship with Trump. In politics, there are no permanent friends or foes.

He didn't say anything, he simply retweeted a factual article. Don't see the issue.

Better for Elon to get the word out himself. Being who he is and what he represents, he's the guy people like me will follow; and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Republicans can try to tamper with this issue, it won't end well for them. Much in the way it's not ending well for car dealers and the Nevada Electric Company.

Last edited:
Wow. Seriously, it is from April 2016. And @Xpert's profile says Hayward and this video seems like it's in a foreign country. What's going on? Did he just pull a video from a YT search?

Dude, that's not kosher Xpert! At least _try_ like that youtube posting, although I'm not sure we can respect you anymore after trying to pull a fast one on us.

Reactions: tlo
TSLA did not do bad at all today despite all the Trump scare and all. while admittedly the macro in US is not as favorable for TSLA/SCTY today as it was yesterday, it is no cause to sell. infact, i believe this is precisely the time to buy TSLA since all the potential negatives are already priced in. i see bulls capitulating and running scared. I'm continuing to hold ALL my TSLA shares and i totally agree with PapaFox that sky is not falling.
if TSLA were to go down the tube for good then today was the perfect day but instead it formed a high volume hollow red candle. I'm extremely optimistic that starting tomorrow we shall see a rise in SP which will accelerate once merger is approved on 17th

Better for Elon to get the word out himself. Being who he is and what he represents, he's the guy people like me will follow; and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Republicans can try to temper with this issue, it won't end well for them. Much in the way it's not ending well for car dealers and the Nevada Electric Company.

Not to mention he's got almost 6 MILLION followers and that grows every day.

Poor guy! Sold at the open!!! Plus he is invoking Kenny Rogers song to justify his idiotic move clearly made out of sheer panic
First law of being a successful investor:
Do not panic
I sold only 128 shares of TSLA at open to meet few margin calls
I continue to hold all my TSLA stock and calls and stay superlong
Never sell at open!
I'm long and strong with the Tsla car business. What I am starting to worry is Possible Trump policy changes on the solar ITC which would make the solar roof a lot more expensive. I'm hoping he's reasonable enough to direct some of the energy funds to renewable, not just oil drilling and coal.

Reactions: TrendTrader007
Elon is a businessman first and his top priority should be getting the best out of a bad situation. Having Trump on your side is a great relief.

Elon already has so many issues to attend to, political fight with the President shouldn't be one of them. This is a problem to be solved with diplomacy and tact. Peter Thiel can help immensely to mend ways or even build a good relationship with Trump. In politics, there are no permanent friends or foes.

Elon is attempting to help combat climate change as it is an threat to human life on this planet. An election doesn't change that.

This is a worst case scenario bed wetting view. Even the Bush administration that was run at the top by oil men and had total control of congress for 03' to 07' wasn't all that hostile to renewable energy. Tesla got that loan under the DOE program that was set up under Bush after all. ITC and EV tax credits were left alone, ect. The one thing we know about trump is that he is not an ideologue. And you essentially have to take a skeptical/anti GW stance to win the GOP primary. Much in the same way you have to be anti-abortion, and we all know Trump doesn't give a *sugar* about making abortion illegal. Yet, he was politically adept enough to adopt the stance anyway.

Yet polls have repeatedly found that a majority of Republican voters, particularly young ones, believe that climate change is real and that the government should take action to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

Anthony Leiserowitz, director of the Yale program on Climate Change Communication, said that a nationally representative survey of 1,004 registered voters, conducted in March in conjunction with George Mason University, found that 56 percent of Trump voters agreed that climate change was occurring. Just over half of them, however, thought those changes were caused by natural changes in the environment, rather than the result of human-generated emissions.

this post is for my own benefit (whenever i get the urge to sell TSLA and jump into TNA) ;
imagine selling TSLA at $27 or so back in October 2012 only to watch it go up 9 times in the next 2 years
this is precisely the sort of situation we very well may be in as of today
all the negatives already priced in, the stock going nowhere fast
i know the minute i sell TSLA and go into TNA that will be the bottom
infant i only get strong urge to get out of a losing position at or near the very bottom
so, while I'm super confident that if i buy TNA i could easily double my money in a year or so
i'm even more confident that TSLA will outperform TNA by a magnitude over the same time frame
we are only 8 or 9 months out from M3 launch and the potential catalysts for this stock will soon start lining up starting next week
so no way in hell am i selling a single share of TSLA

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: gene and GoTslaGo
This is a worst case scenario bed wetting view. Even the Bush administration that was run at the top by oil men and had total control of congress for 03' to 07' wasn't all that hostile to renewable energy. Tesla got that loan under the DOE program that was set up under Bush after all. ITC and EV tax credits were left alone, ect. The one thing we know about trump is that he is not an ideologue. And you essentially have to take a skeptical/anti GW stance to win the GOP primary. Much in the same way you have to be anti-abortion, and we all know Trump doesn't give a *sugar* about making abortion illegal. Yet, he was politically inept enough to adopt the stance anyway.
i agree. the guy who wrote this article is someone who clearly panicked big time and worst of all acted on his panicky impulses
never ever do that
if you can't handle the heat, do not go into the kitchen

Did Republicans give Obama "full respect and cooperation" at anytime during the past eight years? Just sayin....

Did Democrats give George W "full respect and cooperation" at anytime during 2000-2008?
Just sayin...... The alternative, eventually, is bullets flying in State with ~4500 nuclear weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.