Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On one hand the exposure to BEVs to the general public is awesome. On the other hand I was (bigly) confused by some of the descriptive words they used to describe it's looks and such. There's no accounting for people's tastes. :)

Taste clearly has nothing to do with it. MT had to dig pretty deep in their adjective dictionary to creatively describe the Bolt's aesthetics. Oh well. *Shrugs.

It means your cars didn't win, but here is your participation trophy.

No my car didn't win, it didn't come home with a $5 trophy. But it does have 500,000 people waiting for it and millions of others drooling over it.

This reminds me of the year when the puny French ICE beat out MS in Europe, a bit political but oh wells.

No my car didn't win, it didn't come home with a $5 trophy. But it does have 500,000 people waiting for it and millions of others drooling over it.

It would be exciting if they announced they are at 500k reservations, I must have missed that announcement. When did that happen?

They apparently were calling some reservation holders to see if they wanted a 60 instead, so that didn't seem to have any impact on the 3 if they are at 500k now.

It would be a good start for Elon to show some humility and congratulate Chevrolet on their great vehicle.

Huh? I think you're confused. Elon has never said a bad thing about the Bolt. He's consistently messaged that the more BEVs produced, the better it is for all of us. In fact, without Elon and Tesla TELEGRAPHING what the Model 3 would be, there would be no Bolt.

Did Mary Barra congratulate Tesla on the Model S when it won? I don't think so, Tim. She went out of her way and made below the belt comments and even had her company campaign against Tesla in Michigan. So, imo, it's Mary Barra who needs to show some humility and thank Elon for showing her the way to another Motor Trend award.

It would be the perfect opportunity for Elon to show some humility and congratulate Chevrolet on their great vehicle. Put the hubris aside and publicly congratulate them via a tweet. Now that......could spell the bottom! We are all in this together.

Remember that his goal is to get more EV adopted and to go to Mars.
It doesn't matter if it is a Bolt or other car - that all goes a long way to stopping the world's destruction.
The more EVs sold, the more time he has to get the Mars shuttle in place.

• Love
Reactions: CALGARYARSENAL
Huh? I think you're confused. Elon has never said a bad thing about the Bolt. He's consistently messaged that the more BEVs produced, the better it is for all of us.

Did Mary Barra congratulate Tesla on the Model S when it won? I don't think so, Tim. She went out of her way and made below the belt comments and even had her company campaign against Tesla in Michigan.

It would show class on part of Elon. I never said he badmouthed the Bolt. Just my 2 cents. I believe he will do it.

It would show class on part of Elon. I never said he badmouthed the Bolt. Just my 2 cents.

Why does he have to show any more class than he already has? And who's to say he won't? Sheesh! The award was handed out less than an hour ago.

BTW, your first post on the subject said he should show 'humility'. That's different than 'class'.

It would be exciting if they announced they are at 500k reservations, I must have missed that announcement. When did that happen?

They apparently were calling some reservation holders to see if they wanted a 60 instead, so that didn't seem to have any impact on the 3 if they are at 500k now.

500,000 was so last month. Make a $1k deposit today and see when your estimated delivery timeframe would be. It's not that difficult if you're not mathematically challenged. However, if you are, just use google and search for their announcement of estimated timeframe. Put the two and two together and you should be able to figure it out. Although two and two does involve a little math... I assume you can add...

Reactions: EinSV
Why does he have to show any more class than he already has? And who's to say he won't? Sheesh! The award was handed out less than an hour ago.

My friend. Nobody is a bigger fan of Elon and Tesla. Frustrated yes. But long to the end. I have 5 years of pension funds in this sucker. So calm down. Elon is perceived as a blow hard by many. A kind gentle nod would be fantastic to see. In fact, I expect he will do it.

Edit: People think he lacks humiltiy. Period. They think he is a blowhard and hate him. Just pointing out the facts.

Totally guessing here but From reading the finalist list they praised and favored the GM Bolt quite a bit, not so much for tesla S or X. They were also given 2 bolts by GM to play with which they drove to tesla design studio and wrote an article about it. I hope they would be fair.
What Tesla Owners Think About the Chevrolet Bolt (W/Video) - Motor Trend
This turned out to be true. Congrats GM, Motor Trend is now in your pocket, must have been an inexpensive purchase.

My friend. Nobody is a bigger fan of Elon and Tesla. I have 5 years of pension funds in this sucker. So calm down. Elon is perceived as a blow hard by many. A kind gentle nod would be fantastic to see. In fact, I expect he will do it.

I am calm. But first you said he had to show 'humility', which didn't make sense. Then you said he had to show 'class', which also didn't make sense. Now it just has to be a 'gentle nod'.

It might make a difference to you, but it won't to Wall Street, or the bears, or the shorts.

My friend. Nobody is a bigger fan of Elon and Tesla. Frustrated yes. But long to the end. I have 5 years of pension funds in this sucker. So calm down. Elon is perceived as a blow hard by many. A kind gentle nod would be fantastic to see. In fact, I expect he will do it.

Edit: People think he lacks humiltiy. Period. They think he is a blowhard and hate him. Just pointing out the facts.

While he's at it, he should also tweet an apology and that the reason he couldn't make it to Motor Trend's person of the year award was because he's working hard on building the Model 3 ;) steal a little thunder while you're at it Elon. Sure why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.