Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This AH movement shows just how pent up demand for TSLA was... As much as my portfolio doesn't like it, I'm still thinking $150-$180 is fair price for TSLA, and anything above that is just too high.

I think if it settles at $200 it'll be priced just right. To be honest, with this high short interest I'm hoping for a squeeze to $280 just to punish those who hate Tesla... but that's just me

Truly spectacular report. The company gives every sign of firing on all cylinders. If Elon can give a good story around Model X on the call, that will be the last missing piece. (And by the way, hilarious that the stock plunged at first glance. Someone's bot algorithm must have been "if technical earnings miss, run for the hills, and do not bother to read or digest the rest of what is in there." Someone might want to do a little recoding.) Unless they screw up the call somehow, I think big squeeze coming tomorrow. Could easily get back to $180 or higher. If you believe what they've written here, pretty much every reason to worry about the company is taken away. Oil price, gross margin, model X ramp, growth guidance, cash needs. All answered. Nowhere for the shorts to hide, though I'm sure they'll dig out something. Feeling v v relieved this evening. Was buying LEAPS most of the way down the slippery slope of past couple weeks.

This is a big turning point in the stock as everyone realizes. Even if we drop to the 150s tomorrow or tonight I still think the stock ends up back above 200 within a week or two as long as the macro market doesn't capitulate further downwards too much more...(hopefully that is mostly done with at this point after Yellen's testimony).

Record shorts in my opinion right now, we will see in two weeks how many shorts are in the stock right now at this moment, but my guess is it will be over 32mm or over 33mm perhaps with all the speculative bears jumping in thinking it will have a LNKD type reaction.

Strong/patient longs will be rewards...short term TSLA trading is gambling...even trying to 'swing trade' it is very difficult these days

Very happy with the letter, I think the CC will be similarly positive. I really hope they can deliver on the 80-90K forecast because that's higher than I expected. My other favorite points were:

1) Full 2016 Positive Cash Flow
2) No need to raise any capital anytime soon
3) GAAP profitable Q4 2016
4) Full 2016 non-GAAP profitability
5) 30% gross margin on S by year end

FredTMC, a big salute to you for calling two controversial ERs correctly as positive. I'd go into battle with you any day.

Shucks. Thanks a lot! Here's a shameless plug for Reputation points... I'll take'em. TIA!

Not outta the woods yet. Need a good CC. I think it will be.

No additional Capital needed to get to Model 3 is huge. I hoped they'd say that. It certainly changes the narrative.

"we continue to see no perceptible impact to our order growth from the change in the price of gasoline as our order rates have continued to increase even as the price of gasoline has fallen"

In your face, macro bs.

Can we let Julian back in the sandbox now?

+1. I've frankly had enough of the shorts and shills.

I don't understand this cash flow from core operation or NCF+ with ABL stuff but this is good:

"This residual performance isenabling our financing partners to reduce both lease and monthly loan payments"

That means that they may not be sacrificing margin on the new leasing deals. And the referral program is not happening this quarter as we know. Hopefully we will see serious progress towards 30% GM this year. I'm a little surprised the stock is doing so well since this seems like more sizzle than steak but on the other hand it was already beat down so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.