Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting link. Thanks for posting.

My read from the research study was that they had a fixed fine for being late which was viewed by parents as more lenient than the societal construct of showing up on time -- i.e. it legitimized the behavior and just turned it into a price (as the title suggests).

I'd be surprised if the same reversal of incentives held in the Supercharger case, as users will be charged per minute, at a rate of $24/hour.

A rate of that magnitude will obviously end overnight parking, and should greatly deter extended parking (1 hr+) as you'll quickly exceed the cost of a gasoline fill-up.

I think what Tesla is doing will have the effect they anticipate. The per-minute rate is the key deterrent.

Why does this make you sick? They are learning valuable vocational skills that could translate to jobs in the real world once they've finished sobering up and paying back their debt to society and restitution to the victims of their crimes with the money they are earning. Would you prefer they sit around in jail cells and lift weights in the yard?

Not that they are working but the fact that private companies are using this cheap labor and profiting from it. They should be working for the state somehow. Or paying the prisoners more.

Everybody should see this documentary. The tipping point for renewables has been reached, there is no going back, and Tesla is at the very centre of this vortex. All the deniers in the world, including those elected to power, cannot stop this momentum; it's much bigger than any single country, even one as powerful as the United States.

Hear that, Mr. Scott Pruitt? That is the sound of inevitability.

(Apologies if this has been posted already, and for jumping in somewhat off-topic, but I just saw this and I thought I should share. I am posting it here because whenever I post in "on topic" threads, nobody reads it.)

Very good indeed. They make a prediction that in the next few years, in 80% of the world renewable will be the *cheapest* form of energy. If this is true, all the utilities will want storage and if Tesla will stay ahead of the competition with the PowerPack... Wow. Same goes for EVs I guess.

BTW, I researched who made the video, it´s a Dutch public TV channel: VPRO - Wikipedia

Reactions: The Blue Owl
Has anyone looked into the impact the strengthening dollar is likely to have on ASPs and margins?

There are a lot of positives this quarter but my napkin math suggests the Trump Bump's significant effect on the dollar since the election has the potential to shave a point or two points off margins (and similar impact on ASPs). I am aware of Tesla's hedge on the yen but not other currencies, but maybe I missed something.

Even with this I still expect them to hit margin guidance given all the other positives this quarter, but maybe not a huge beat on margins which seemed like a real possibility without the currency issues.

Note that the cost of cells also dropped by about 18%, getting back to 2015 levels.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
Why does this make you sick? They are learning valuable vocational skills that could translate to jobs in the real world once they've finished sobering up and paying back their debt to society and restitution to the victims of their crimes with the money they are earning. Would you prefer they sit around in jail cells and lift weights in the yard?

Holy *sugar*. I thought you were being sarcastic until the end.

How many of those guys do you think should be out but aren't because it would undercut the bottom line that is the prison business? Go look up Angola state pen. I'll wait here.

It's hard to beat that:
In the state of Georgia "nearly a million prisoners are now making office furniture, working in call centers, fabricating body armor, taking hotel reservations, working in slaughterhouses, or manufacturing textiles, shoes, and clothing, while getting paid somewhere between 93 cents and $4.73 per day,"
Easy to pay them those rates when taxpayers are subsidizing their housing, food, utilities, clothing, and medical care. Question is, who keeps the enhanced profits on what they make? The taxpayers of Georgia, or private corporations?

Because it incentivizes longer sentences and more convictions to sustain a cheap labor force. It's too easy to abuse the system.

Holy *sugar*. I thought you were being sarcastic until the end.

How many of those guys do you think should be out but aren't because it would undercut the bottom line that is the prison business? Go look up Angola state pen. I'll wait here.
And how many shouldn't have been incarcerated to begin with except some company is making a lot of money off of prison slavery. Not far from where I live a couple judges went to prison because they were getting kickbacks for routing children to a private prison which made money from housing them.

The only solar panels that Solar City has made are the Silevo panels in a pilot plant in Fremont. Everything else has been purchased from outside suppliers.

1. The Silevo technology is still under development and not ready for large scale production.

2. There is the possibility that Solar City was in trouble to meet the New York State production schedule with the Silevo panels and Elon with the help of Panasonic came to the rescue.

3. Panasonic bought the Sanyo solar division a few years back and has been manufacturing and selling panels world-wide.

4. I looked into buying the Silevo solar panels from Solar City and came to a dead end. They are not for sale (at least to individuals).

5. Most solar panel manufacturers sell panels of varying efficiencies. Cost and temperature effects (e.g., maintaining efficiency at high temperature as in the desert) are important in addition to just efficiency.
1. According to Elon , Tesla and Silevo that's incorrect. Exactly the opposite.

2. Maybe that would make a popular article on seeking FUD.

3. How is that relevant?!

4. You could say the same thing about the M3. They will be available next year..

5. How is that relevant?!

Status
Not open for further replies.