Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Low volume day + RSI reset + slow news day, along with a number of irrelevant things. The noise about the YouTube video is very funny, and might have contributed due to the low volume, but is irrelevant as the video is more than ONE WEEK OLD. :rolleyes:

Also, it looks like the stock hit a little resistance when the upper BB and the 100sma converged today. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Okay, I'm trying to wrap my head around "support and resistance" - I read investopedia and love seeing all the charts and trying to pattern predict in my head, but... I still have this nagging (mis-)perception from reading this illustrious thread (and the 2013, 2014 and 2015 incarnations) that sometimes some of you can actually see support in the form of a large buy order at a support level that is getting "defended" - good thing to know when you're not sure if the next day is an up or down day and you want to put in an order at a a few cents over the "support level" so you'll get the best price possible while still being relatively sure your trade will go through.

Do those of you with grown-up brokerage accounts have access to see outstanding orders? or does MM? or can I do that with my USAA account (user ignorance goes a long way - I'll be the first to admit that...)?

TIA!

Okay, I'm trying to wrap my head around "support and resistance" - I read investopedia and love seeing all the charts and trying to pattern predict in my head, but... I still have this nagging (mis-)perception from reading this illustrious thread (and the 2013, 2014 and 2015 incarnations) that sometimes some of you can actually see support in the form of a large buy order at a support level that is getting "defended" - good thing to know when you're not sure if the next day is an up or down day and you want to put in an order at a a few cents over the "support level" so you'll get the best price possible while still being relatively sure your trade will go through.

Do those of you with grown-up brokerage accounts have access to see outstanding orders? or does MM? or can I do that with my USAA account (user ignorance goes a long way - I'll be the first to admit that...)?

TIA!
It's called the "order book". I suggest you search in the USAA pages for that, see if you can see it. But there are "dark exchanges", where trades happen without ever being seen in the order book, so even if you find it, don't trust it too much.

The terms you are asking about are part of "technical analysis", which is a branch of applied psychology. :) There's a thread about that, too.

• Informative
Reactions: CatB
Speigal is predicting 18500 deliveries in Q4 with terrible margins. Maybe algorithms are listening. Someone labeled ISO 14000 predicts 17000. Looking forward to clearing up Q4 speculation next week.
Mark B. Spiegel on Twitter

And let's not leave out our very own @bonairevolt's prediction in a tweet to Spiegel that deliveries in Q1 2017 will be less than 19K "for sure." IF Tesla somehow manages 21,500 deliveries in Q4 that is.

IMG_0264.PNG

Last edited:
Why is he predicting such a notable drop for Q1 - and based on Q4...which already seems so low. Where are they getting this trending?

From VIN counting presumably. Oh wait, VINs have been increasing by 30K per quarter so that can't be it.

Actually, I believe the technical term for both of these sub-19K predictions is "FUD."

Every job is meaningful to that person I have empathy, but what I don't have is sympathy for those who just sit around and complain instead of increasing their marketability. For example coal miners, no we don't need more coal mining jobs, so get on with it and learn another trade. If you don't want to then move to China where plenty of coal is still being used.

No argument from me on that front.

So appearently we have almost real-time data coming in from Norway (i am using the link posted in the EU deliveries thread) so I pulled the 2016 data for both S&X and did some analysis. Without trying to read too much into this, it does seem like here were no issues with shipments to Europe this month, as registrations in Norway seem pretty even and then accelerating in the last few days.

Quick recap: based on October and November actuals, Europe was at 95% of the Q3 numbers. Norway data may be too specific to one country, but so far in December we have 612 registrations vs 848 in September, so we are unlikely to beat Q3. Remains to be seen if the same trend plays out all over Europe.

On the negative side, I read rumors in other threads at TMC (keep forgetting where) that UK and Japan Q4 may be hurt due to the AP2 HW shortage right around the time when those cars were to be built and shipped.

PS: here is the daily view for Norway registration data. It is clear the quarter-end.rush is happening and we have goods being delivered in quantities, so at least we know shipments to Tilburg went fine, which should be good news for the rest of Europe as well.

upload_2016-12-29_23-49-51.png

And let's not leave out our very own @bonairevolt's prediction in a tweet to Spiegel that deliveries in Q1 2017 will be less than 19K "for sure." IF Tesla somehow manages 21,500 deliveries in Q4 that is.

View attachment 208185
Smiegel will get it right next year, you bet. If not then the next year. If not then the next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.