Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fly off the shelf! With $1000 down, reservations are going to be ludicrous. I was skeptical before the ER and the tweet, but at $1000 I can see 500,000 reservations very quickly. I don't want to jinx it, but this could be an iPhone like phenomenon. If people camp out at stores, this will turn into a media craze. I'm looking forward to the WSJ and Tribune Companies spin on how amazing demand and 2+ years of reservations are really bad news for TSLA.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder away, but not a drag. Investments this year are mostly on Panasonic. Additional building later in the year for building phase 2, will be funded from revenue.

I am going to camp out. Partly to investigate the line and partly so I can get my 3 faster. But in Canada, there's probably no point since we won't be getting it early anyway.

They should limit it to 1 per person though. So that scalpers will be forced to hire a group of people.

Uh, if Panasonic increases capacity in Japan fast enough to stay in front of TM demand, I think Elon and investors should be overjoyed that capex is not required.

Also, People who are throwing shade on a massive M3 reservation list are full on crazy.

1) Massive influx of cash-- the very thing that the market was discounting TSLA on. "TM needs capital!! sell!!" doesn't work any more. This is turning a weakness into a strength in basically 1 week in April.
2) Massive media-friendly lines of people putting down money (10x more will be online the next day, but I heartily endorse the 1 day in-person thing). It will be a major story that day, covered by every paper and business news program.
3) Massive increase in mindshare in the car buying public. I work with fairly well-to-do people and a lot of them firmly ignore Tesla cars like they ignore all luxuries they cannot afford. With a well-optioned Tesla going for say $50k, suddenly all middle class Americans will be able to take a look. A huge number of young people are already on board, but this will cause a cascading number of people to decide this is the car they want... eventually.
4) TM can go back to work expanding. The "Tesla Killer" narrative will be forever discredited. When people mention the Bolt with its 30k runrate or whatever people will remember the 100k M3 backlog and put it in perspective.

The M3 reveal changes everything. It is completely different from other launches because it materially changes the financial prospects of the company. And, it is not "priced in" because so many people are freaking out about the general market and unwilling to give any credit to undemonstrated accomplishments. Basically the unveiling will be the mother of all risk-offs and we will have a clear line of site to high volume, high profit production.

Totally agree with this.

For me the big thing was the cash flow and that they don't need to do equity raise. They might do it anyway but not at these SP levels. It was interesting anyway when the results was released and it all seemed to me to be way better than I hoped for. And then you start to read the general news and some other message boards etc. and people thought it was bad and the bear case is still intact for them. Never been so sure about being right and they wrong, it feels like a big information gap and it is almost surreal.

What we have now is basically the Model 3 ramp not being dependent on equity raise and not being dependent on GF. This almost removes all risk to the 500k vehicles in 2020. The only thing they need to do to get there is put some lines in Fremont, something which they managed to do 4 years ago as a much smaller and less experienced company. And also have demand for 500k.

So yeah, with 500k almost guaranteed who can say the market cap is too high, really.

I see zero recovery happening. I see a new 52 week low, I see more misery for longs like myself that stuck around thinking "it can't go lower". Shorts absolutely are out to destroy the share price and along with it the Tesla story. I cannot believe this bs

I know what you mean... I'm still in from $240. Kept buying when I could. Now I've cost averaged down to $200. Still hanging in there for the long run though.

Is this short squeeze?

Ha! I guess you could sort of say that this is more like a preparation for a major short squeeze. I just can't imagine any weak longs left that are getting out that did not already get out of their shares in the panic of the last few weeks. To me this seems more like more shorts are getting in foolishly.

On Wednesday, February 24 after the close we should have more information because that will show how many shorts there are in TSLA as of the end of trading today.

I bought more shares this morning on margin.

I see zero recovery happening. I see a new 52 week low, I see more misery for longs like myself that stuck around thinking "it can't go lower". Shorts absolutely are out to destroy the share price and along with it the Tesla story. I cannot believe this bs

Well, atvi down 12% due to weak holiday sales. We are officially in recession

Ha! I guess you could sort of say that this is more like a preparation for a major short squeeze. I just can't imagine any week long is left that are getting out I did not already get out of their shares in the last few weeks. To me this seems more like that more shorts are getting in foolishly.

On Wednesday, February 24 after the close we should have more information because that will show how many shorts there are in TSLA as of the end of trading today.

I I bought more shares this morning on margin.
To me it's just another %&*$ coming here to gloat about the performance of his/her short. Do some people actually troll for a living?

He is an old Tsla long. You are just too new to know him

I think that he was referring to me. I don't have any stocks. I have some puts. Most of them have allready expired worthless. I do have some January 17 120 puts.

When I started to follow Tesla about two years ago, my long term plan was to get first money with puts and then buy shares if price is 100. But it may be, that I never can do that, because I don't want to put new money in. I don't sell my puts unless I get profit with all Tesla puts combined. I'm now about 60% down.

But my Tesla investment is only less than 2 prosent of my portfolio. But it is very interesting investment.

*beep* *beep*

2016-02-12 04.22.45 pm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.