Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Replying to Julian. There's really not much to say until we get clarity on Monday about which direction we are going. TA's on Charts don't make significant move daily so it is moot to repost yesterday's chart here since we are not really day traders. Day trading charts will be flying by at around 100 post per day I believe and it will only be about what might happen in the next 10 minutes.

reminder. market closed on Monday.

Replying to Julian. There's really not much to say until we get clarity on Monday about which direction we are going. TA's on Charts don't make significant move daily so it is moot to repost yesterday's chart here since we are not really day traders. Day trading charts will be flying by at around 100 post per day I believe and it will only be about what might happen in the next 10 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

TSLA is resilient around 200 today. Hope to see it rebound quickly next week.

There is a great read that did not get enough coverage. Check it out, then decide for yourselves whether or not buying Tesla now makes sense.

Building Tesla: inside Elon Musks car factory of the future (Wired UK)

I'm impressed that TSLA paid 6 mil for a 50 mil hydraulic press:
At one end of Tesla's 500,000 square metre factory in Fremont, California, there is a very large, white box. Inside it is a Schuler SMG hydraulic stamping press, and it happens to be the largest in North America; this one machine can stamp out a new car panel once every six seconds, or 5,000 per day, with up to 10,000 tonnes of force out of an aluminium coil that weighs 9,071kg when it shows up at the factory.

New, this single piece of equipment would cost you $50 million. Elon Musk bought it for $6 million -- including shipping, which took four months. To stand on a gantry, and watch this mechanism about its brutal work from above, you might suppose that Tesla is in the business of making cars.

Not so, says VP of business development Diarmuid O'Connell.

"Tesla is in the business of inspiring competition," he tells WIRED. "The more electric vehicles the better."

This price action in TSLA is super impressive. Tesla is not the worry, the economy and the stock market are. I will be buying my entire position back once/if we stabilize above 220.

Oh give me a break!

That was how many hours after making me beat my head on a brick wall with you? :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm impressed that TSLA paid 6 mil for a 50 mil hydraulic press:

I'm super impressed that Tesla bought NUMMI for $42 million to put it in.

FluxCap

I respect you too. Right now the price is not moving short term. It is trading sideways on modest to low volume, possibly indicative of calm before another minor breakout. My only lengthy input of the day was to request and invite chart guys to jump in! I have interjected here in a bid to calm nerves and assist in capping short term panic losses (and long term regrets) by deliberately introducing some big picture commencing with stuff across the semi short term horizon (that will matter in a space of weeks to months). I apologize if you feel that is obscuring the view / of no direct benefit in your case and I understand that. You need not fear additional essays. Not like it isn't hard work to describe some of this stuff.

If we are weighing in, I for one really appreciate Julian's inputs sprinkled amongst the short term movement chatter. He is just the right person to add mid & long term context to the short term movements.

I say "post away", Julian!

Oh give me a break!

That was how many hours after making me beat my head on a brick wall with you? :smile:

No, I am reiterating what I told you earlier. If the markets stabilize and we can avoid a bear market, TSLA will be higher from here. I will happily buy 220, 230. I mean, even if I wait until 250(I won't), in the grand scheme of things missing $50 bucks is not a big deal if we are going to $1000+.

The price action today around $200 is very interesting and could be quite profitable by buying/selling $200 calls or puts. Wish I had the *alls to do so. I don't recommend other people try it but the fluctuation in price has been considerable.

Not only was there a preponderance of January TSLA put open interest versus calls at the $200 strike price, to a lesser degree this was also true at $205. Bears who had bought puts at either of those January strike prices ($202.5 too) lost essentially all of what they had invested in those options. The writers (opening sellers) of those put options got to keep all of the premiums they received. They usually are the winners. The apparent campaign by bears to scare TSLA shareholders into bailing out before the close today was not successful enough to benefit the bears owning those particular puts. Sorry. Although I have greater sympathy for long-term shareholders who were shaken out by those spreading FUD. However, you're welcome to rejoin those of us shareholders who have remained steadfast.

If we are weighing in, I for one really appreciate Julian's inputs sprinkled amongst the short term movement chatter. He is just the right person to add mid & long term context to the short term movements.

I say "post away", Julian!

The masochist to the sadist: "beat me"
The sadist to the masochist: "NO"

Good day today, congrats to the longs. Apparently my confirmation bias was not lying to me this morning (Edit: and neither was Curt Renz +1 for that). Days like today is all it will take to make it to the winning line.

Will be fun to check out SpaceX on Sunday and maybe if TSLA longs are lucky Musk will spare a tweet about Tesla. I trust people here basically get it that in 2016 the there is only good news. There's the good news and the good news you don't know about yet. No bad news.

They're unveiling a completely new generation of EV this year for crying out loud and the fact that anyone is even talking about the Leaf or the Bolt or the stupid Mirai only goes to show that the imaginary competitors and their stock market shills are in for a hell of a shock.

Tesla is weeks away from the commencement of reservations for something the world has never ever seen before and they're doing it against a background of THREE healthy product lines selling in parallel (not 1 out of 3 with 2 of them costing money as has been the case for the past two years).

Shorts are toast, all their bases are belong to us even if they don't know it yet. Stroke white cat. Be happy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.