Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, then what is your estimate for Model S and Model X demand? It seems you think that it is around 50-60k, correct?

I don't want to guess. But from financial reports of Tesla, the model S demand should be around 50K. Which matches 1K/week production rate. I'm sure if China/EU has same demand magnitude with US, then TM will magically increase production level by 50% in just a few months. It's way too ridiculous to claim production constrained for years. Manufacturing is much easier problem to solve than demand, if demand is there, many investors would like pour in the money to boost production capability.

I don't want to guess. But from financial reports of Tesla, the model S demand should be around 50K. Which matches 1K/week production rate. I'm sure if China/EU has same demand magnitude with US, then TM will magically increase production level by 50% in just a few months. It's way too ridiculous to claim production constrained for years. Manufacturing is much easier problem to solve than demand, if demand is there, many investors would like pour in the money to boost production capability.

What you have just described is the reason why Elon is a multi $billionaire and almost anyone else would have screwed up. What you have just described is the screw up Elon did not make. MX and MS are managed for disciplined capacity growth behind the demand curve. Model 3 and Tesla Energy are managed behind the demand curve too. This is how you operate a low risk, high growth business.

Zero speculation on build it and maybe they will come.

Two Tesla Production Chiefs to Leave Ahead of Biggest Challenge Yet
Two top manufacturing executives are leaving Tesla Motors Inc., including the global head of production, at a time when the electric-car company is about to release its most important car: the mass-production Model 3.

Greg Reichow, Tesla's vice president of production and one of its highest-paid executives, and Josh Ensign, vice president of manufacturing, will leave the company. A Tesla spokesperson confirmed both departures and said Reichow will remain until his replacement is found.

• Informative
Reactions: gene and Coolcarx
Chanos claims that battery technology "leapfrogged" ahead of the tech in use at the Gigafactory, and that's why "we don't hear about the Gigafactory anymore". He forgot to tell us what that new technology is.

The content-free discussion about Tesla is over. The only thing coming out of it is Chanos confirming he is short TSLA and SCTY.

Greg leaving is a leave of absence. It's just a break needed similar to what Jerome did. The others I don't view as too essential (sorry to say that). Gilbert is still there also.

While Chanos undeniably did well financially in his previous short positions (I just think it was a stroke of luck and timing in terms of him knowing investor sentiment). To that same effect, he should be also shorting BMW as the entire i development team left, but he isn't.

• Informative
Reactions: gene and techmaven
Bingo! Those folks blindly believe Tesla has production issue for years, just put their head into the sand always. If Tesla demand is really strong, you can't explain the SP trading in a range more than 2 years. Telsa has OK demand, but not the STRONG demand to support SP flying higher.

Remember early last year, when the China demand issues popped up. I predicted Tesla will miss 2015 guidance, but many folks said China is irrelevant because Elon said so and model S demand was so strong in ROW. When the model X got delayed again and again, I predicted Tesla will miss 2015 guidance, but many folks insist that model S production can easily fill the model X gap because model S demand was so strong. So we all know what happened later, Telsa missed annual guidance two years in a row and will be likely for 3rd year.

Well, it's OK if Tesla misses their numbers, as long as it is not by too much. Everyone knows Musk's prediction are best case.

No way Musk is certain about his forecasts. For certainly one must visit this thread.

Yeah Chanos was saying we don't hear much about X Y Z any more... well, Earnings Report is in 6 hours :eek: What a load of garbage.

In other news, I recall a while back someone suggesting conspiracy theories when they noticed there were only 4 Superchargers getting built simultaneously in the USA. I noticed today there are 13 Superchargers simultaneously under construction in the USA, and 21 in permitting.

Julian, sometimes I love you. You always find a way to lift spirits, even when very off putting news comes to light.

I could blush. I would be most upset if Doug Field walked but these idiots didn't walk they were booted.

Honestly I think the whole thing is hilarious. How is everyone else enjoying the free TSLA stock price forecasting service?

Anyone know iOS programming? Perhaps we can make an App and let people imagine it's an algo and just sell lots! Alert, the stock next month will be ........

Status
Not open for further replies.