Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Short sellers won't bail out based on talk.

500k/year units by 2018 is unbelievable, even to me. However, if Tesla somehow manages to be on track for this by late 2017, it will make the 2013 "Tsunami of hurt" look like a calm day on the shore.

A lot of sizzle today. Looking for steak next quarter.

I concur that there's a wealth of good information in this earnings call. But TSLA will not rocket overnight because things still need time to develop, which would be crucial to get TSLA to a favorable position.

• Love
Reactions: Gerasimental
Short sellers won't bail out based on talk.

500k/year units by 2018 is unbelievable, even to me. However, if Tesla somehow manages to be on track for this by late 2017, it will make the 2013 "Tsunami of hurt" look like a calm day on the shore.

A lot of sizzle today. Looking for steak next quarter.

Perfectly summarized, as usual. :D

But some have to be covering and price has to jump from a 2-year target change in that massive annual sales goal.

I LOVE THIS CALL!!!!!!!! Price targets have to go sky high after this!

It's a continuation of the wave... Tesla delivers ridiculously awesome vehicles (it all begins), people ache for an affordable Tesla (slow, strong growth deep down below), the Model 3 finally arrives (the wave rises fast), the analysts catch up as more details are revealed by Tesla about how it is going to match demand (the wave starts to look daunting)....

Yep, whatever new tech will just end up being adopted by the gigafactory So I don't understand why Chanos is looking at it as a negative. It's kind of like McDonalds. A researcher who can sell his strain of potato to MickyD means he is going to be rich. So all researchers will go want to sell to gigafactory in the future.

The current environment though. People don't know that the gigafactory will be to battery as McDonald is to Potatoes. People also think that Gigafactory's battery tech is in competition with everyone else's battery tech.

Cap raise: check.

image.jpeg

just a note from a long and long time observer of this forum

julian has got to stop acting like everything he says is fact......it adds nothing to the discussion and is quite dangerous.

Perhaps you could kindly refrain from acting like it is a fact that I act like everything I say is a fact.

I'm actually extremely diligent adding probability caveats wherever appropriate and often I state the probability in % figures or even a range. Some things are just facts. I cannot apologize for facts without being dishonest (or incorporating for example the completely absurd at 60+ standard deviations from any kind of reality applicable to stocks). There is no merit in being nice but wrong about money and investing IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.