Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears one person's suspension broke when he was driving 5mph.

There is some dreadful web conflation going on here. You have these groups:

1) TSLA shorts, eager to say anything negative about the company or point to anything negative
2) blogs eager to report anything, that will simply put a headline that points to other blogs
3) blogs trying to report anything, that actually put an article together, but don't have the right perspective or just make mistakes, plain and simple
4) CNBC whose ads are paid for my Mercedes, BMW and Audi and are generally against Tesla

They're all spinning up into some F5 tornado of bullshit at the moment... there's no point trying to defend the company or the stock.

Basically it's an amazing buying opportunity as it will eventually blow over with nothing but responses from Tesla of the highest integrity, and no recall. (my guess)

Soo... apparently one could just start a thread with some rumors here om TMC, file a report with NHTSA, get some bear blogs to write about it and follow the market and take advantage of the panic selling...

Suspension Problem on Model S

Maybe the stock will drop another 2% when Devonshire Research publishes its in-depth analysis on the issue.

Soo... apparently one could just start a thread with some rumors here om TMC, file a report with NHTSA, get some bear blogs to write about it and follow the market and take advantage of the panic selling...

Suspension Problem on Model S

Yep. This story originated from our own TMC.

I don't think this is a design flaw, but more likely a defective part with that person's particular vehicle. I noticed the clear lack of a boot around that ball joint that is supposed to be there and keep the grease in and dirt/grime out.

My own car @75K miles has no such issues. I did some thorough checking on my car after reading that thread. All seems well with my car.

Yep. This story originated from our own TMC.

I don't think this is a design flaw, but more likely a defective part with that person's particular vehicle. I noticed the clear lack of a boot around that ball joint that is supposed to be there and keep the grease in and dirt/grime out.

My own car @75K miles has no such issues. I did some thorough checking on my car after reading that thread. All seems well with my car.

I have seen this part on my car too, which is from 2013. No problem there.

Look, Tesla have been very proactive with their recalls. Remember the titanium shield retrofit, after one freak incident? The seat belt checking on thousands of cars after one freak incident (they even had people doing courtesy inspections at superchargers)? Remember the Model X 3rd row recall? C'mon, safety is Tesla's number 1 priority, has always been and will always be. I'm not saying this as a Tesla fan and bull, this is just something that is abundantly clear from their history from day 1. There is absolutely no way ever they would try to cover a safety issue up. Never.

Elon needs to get a tweet (or two) out to save us. Dropping past close in AH.

Elon's role should not be making knee-jerk tweets to mitigate volatility in the company's share price. I'm sure we'll receive a measured response from the company once the dust settles around this issue. In the meantime we have a buying opportunity.

Elon's role should not be making knee-jerk tweets to mitigate volatility in the company's share price. I'm sure we'll receive a measured response from the company once the dust settles around this issue. In the meantime we have a buying opportunity.

These assholes shouldn't be spreading FUD implying huge issues based on one person. However, we don't live in a perfect world, he is the face of the company. He should respond.

Reactions: tanner
I have seen this part on my car too, which is from 2013. No problem there.

Look, Tesla have been very proactive with their recalls. Remember the titanium shield retrofit, after one freak incident? The seat belt checking on thousands of cars after one freak incident (they even had people doing courtesy inspections at superchargers)? Remember the Model X 3rd row recall? C'mon, safety is Tesla's number 1 priority, has always been and will always be. I'm not saying this as a Tesla fan and bull, this is just something that is abundantly clear from their history from day 1. There is absolutely no way ever they would try to cover a safety issue up. Never.

Maybe it was a missing boot or something. I think the bigger issue is the ham-handed way they offered to pay for the out-of-warranty repair with a NDA. If that is all true, they could get into trouble for just handling it wrong.

I bolted out of my positions at the end of the day. Not a panic sell exactly. The run up was out of gas. I expected it to trade in a range for a few weeks so I was in no hurry to reposition. This will be a non-event in hindsight, but I expect it will be a 2-3 day event. At the least the 50 day is broken and we will retest the 200. Don't mean to be Mr Bear McBear but this will cause the stock to drop for a few days, IMO.

Maybe it was a missing boot or something. I think the bigger issue is the ham-handed way they offered to pay for the out-of-warranty repair with a NDA. If that is all true, they could get into trouble for just handling it wrong.

I bolted out of my positions at the end of the day. Not a panic sell exactly. The run up was out of gas. I expected it to trade in a range for a few weeks so I was in no hurry to reposition. This will be a non-event in hindsight, but I expect it will be a 2-3 day event. At the least the 50 day is broken and we will retest the 200. Don't mean to be Mr Bear McBear but this will cause the stock to drop for a few days, IMO.

Well, I bought in, so it's pretty much a sure thing that it'll drop another 5 points pretty soon. I have foreseen it.

I would assign a very low probility to the facts matching the "reported" story perfectly. We've heard exactly one side of the story yet. Tesla trying to cover up a potential safety issue just seems so out of place. Occam's razor tells us that the most likely answer to this conundrum is that Tesla haven't been trying to cover up anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.