Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the cash flow calculation in this report is funky, but the point is that the company is guiding that the core business (making and selling cars) will be cash flow positive in 2016 and will be able to support investments for future growth. As long as the company is able to increase revenue at these insane rates (+40-50% y/y when you are talking about Billions, come on, how many companies are able to do that?) without massive dilution then I'm all in. The valuation will always be some combination of the current business + future business and as the current business is now at $5B (2015 revenue) with 2016 growth to ~$8B we are talking about reasonable multiples for price to sales. If TSLA is able to execute in 2016 then it will be a $8B revenue run rate looking at $11B+ in 2017. If they maintain 20%+ margins & 40% growth then I'm not really concerned about the current $19B valuation.

I am a very patient investor and during the slide haven't seen anything to detract from that patience and long term outlook for TSLA. I decided to wait until the IR to determine my next move. Bummed I am missing the bump but happy that Tesla and TSLA are doing well!

I think this has been disproved. Except for a few states with specific laws about escrow accounts for deposits, everything else goes to the general coffers and can be used for whatever they want. They just have to keep it as a liability on the balance sheet.

Correct, deposits are essentially free loans. That is why a big surge of model 3 deposits could be such an important financial de-risker. If the market likes 1.5B from operations, think I much they will like 1B in deposits to work with.

Great results! (haven't read the PDF yet)

One comment is that if they meet that amazing guidance for Model S+X deliveries, the window of opportunity for Model 3 to be federally discounted by $7,500 at the end of 2017 will be slim-to-nothing.

And... hello to the 464 accounts browsing this thread! A record, I think...

Is Julian banned for a set period of time, or permanently? If permanent, I'll likely stop visiting this site. I value his perspective, even if sometimes quite polarized towards the Long side of the Force.

I wish moderator(s) could remove his ban from other threads. Then, you folks could read his wisdom in the thread "Julian's preachings". I need my short term calls to be green tomorrow. That would definitely help.

Question for the board: "Our GAAP cash outflow from operations during the quarter was $30 million. Operationally, this cash flow is offset by $209 million ofcash from vehicle sales to our leasing partners but classified in the financing section of our statement of cash flows. " Does this "GAAP cash outflow from operations" include the capital expenditure for the Model X tooling etc? If yes, with no major capital spending on factory until 2017, either 2016 FCF will be huge or Tesla can spend wildly on stores and service centers!

Status
Not open for further replies.