Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am worried that there may be a slew of noobie TSLA bulls caught up in this updraft... and even a slight reversion would cause these weak bulls to sell out.

I didn't phrase this right.

As a battle scarred TSLA bull that has made and lost a lot of money on TSLA, I'm feeling sympathy for those new TSLA bulls that got caught up late in the recent TSLA updraft and then the very recent downdraft. I wish them well and hope that they don't get discouraged too much. The shorter your time horizon, the greater the risk. The stock price will be higher... it could be even later today, tomorrow, next month, or next year.

Yes, but he presented it as such that the base "will still be a fantastic car" and that said "fantastic car" will come with supercharging standard. I don't know, that whole over promise thing he does is becoming a major precedent. Don't get me wrong, love him and Tesla, but seriously...?
What are you referring to... is there some new update on Supercharging the Model 3? Or are you simply discussing the fact that it's going to be an option on the car? (Which ought not to be news... it was an option on the base Model S for a long time.) Clue us all in, thanks...

I don't know of anything else except the CNBC hatchet job that caused the stock to fall seven bucks in short order (right at the time that CNBC thing was playing)... it appears to have found stability around $251 though.

What are you referring to... is there some new update on Supercharging the Model 3? Or are you simply discussing the fact that it's going to be an option on the car? (Which ought not to be news... it was an option on the base Model S for a long time.) Clue us all in, thanks...

I don't know of anything else except the CNBC hatchet job that caused the stock to fall seven bucks in short order (right at the time that CNBC thing was playing)... it appears to have found stability around $251 though.
Look at the image the poster added that compared the old M3 phrasing to the current. Also, please re-watch the unveil; language and phrasing suggested it would have supercharging at the base. Was also the general consensus (until now). + check out that link on Electrek.co (loops back to the aforementioned image)

I wish I could, but his spiel is mostly empty. It's the same tired "valuation" argument we've heard thousands of times before. Some people cannot believe that what Tesla is actually doing right in front of their eyes is really happening, and conclude that it can't possibly be true.
1189.jpeg

He sure does...

screen-shot-2016-04-08-at-8-54-11-am-png.171262

I think there's a good chance that they are just rephrasing the Model 3's Super Charging capabilities. If you look at the other specs, they are specifically for the base model with no upgrades (specifically 215 miles and 0-60 < 6 seconds). I would not jump to the conclusion that Tesla is already backing off such an enormous promise of free supercharging capabilities they made only 8 days ago.

I think there's a good chance that they are just rephrasing the Model 3's Super Charging capabilities. If you look at the other specs, they are specifically for the base model with no upgrades (specifically 215 miles and 0-60 < 6 seconds). I would not jump to the conclusion that Tesla is already backing off such an enormous promise of free supercharging capabilities they made only 8 days ago.
No, I agree (far too early to tell definitively), but that's what conclusion investors seem to be drawing. That plus the CNBC quack analyst I believe is why it's going down (input/correction welcome)

Definitely? That is another article based on rumour. Never lose sight of the fact that websites like that make their money by generating hits.

Stories that suggest the price of the Model S is going up don't appear to point out that such increases would be everywhere except the USA. The dollar getting stronger vs. other currencies is the largest cause. Tesla's payments to Panasonic (for batteries) will actually be getting smaller, so the car's becoming more profitable to make.

I have been writing for a while that I think an S refresh is near certain after the 3 launch. They need the S to sell well for 2 more years at least, even with the X helping they cannot afford to have the S seem dated. It has had 4 years of production (nearly) without any touch ups. Next to the X and 3 the S now looks dated and played out, and there have always been opportunities to do better (nose cone).

I have a 3 year old S, and if they announced a face-lifted, console-having, map pocket having, P100 I would probably trade up.

Edit: Also, I bailed on my leaps yesterday on the prevailing feeling that we were overdue for something downward. If I really thought there were going to announce a refresh, I may want to get back in... I think that we be received well.

Reactions: SBenson and Drax7
Nothing new what this guy said. He is not the reason stock is down.

More to this
He isn't? As soon as he went on CNBC, we took that major hit from the high 250s, all the way down to $249.xx

BTW, Fidelity reported this at 10:13am ET:

Standpoint Research, Inc. downgrades TESLA MOTORS INC from HOLD to SELL.
BY Investars Analyst Actions - private
— 10:13 AM ET 04/08/2016
On April 7, 2016 Standpoint Research, Inc. downgraded TESLA MOTORS INC (TSLA) from HOLD to SELL

Trading newbie, and lurker on this forum for the last couple of weeks. Just started investing in TSLA stock. Tesla Model S owner since May 2014.

One thing that keeps playing over in my mind is Elon's reply on the shorting question on twitter. He gets thousands of questions and he chooses to reply to a select few. What's his motivation for answering this question? Do they need to get the stock up hight to add cash at a good deal, or is he just sticking it to the shorters? If they need the stock to be up, will we continue to get smal drops of good news, or isn't that necessary because the finance situation solve itself fairly quick?

Status
Not open for further replies.