Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else see the report of Chris Porritt being lured away to Apple?

I remember it was kind of big news when Tesla lured him away from Aston Martin a few years back.

Hi, author of the report here. He wasn't "lured" away from Tesla. As mentioned in the report, there was a significant gap between him leaving Tesla and joining Apple.

I can't go in details here and I don't want to take anything away from Chris who by all accounts is a great engineer, but let's just say that it certainly wasn't poaching and Tesla isn't crying over it.

Germans Calling tesla the pretender, I guess the space X falcon 9 landing also pretended to land on the Of course I love you barge. German humility always amazes me.

Well, some people do believe that the landing was faked and they weren't from a specific country or heritage. But realistically, just what exactly do you want them to say? 'Dear Shareholders, we messed up. So, sorry. Sell our stock, we're done.'

Basic human psychology doesn't change simply because you were born in another country. Fear rules the actions of a large portion of the population. It's that simple. Fear of change. Fear of the unknown. Fear of losing their jobs and the ability to put food on the table and a roof over their heads. Fear of failure, being wrong, being humiliated. The list is endless. So they will lie, cheat, steal, pretend, deny, name call, whatever they have to to protect their position and survive. Once you understand that, their actions are perfectly logical. Also be aware that fear can be disguised by other emotions, like anger. Read angry posts by people on this forum and dig a bit. You'll find a healthy dose of fear driving that anger.

We've seen the same fear in this thread multiple times and the heart pounding, blind panic or rage that ensues. That's why so many have said, 'don't bet more than you can afford to lose'. That way there's no reason to fear the short term volatility of TSLA (see what I did there?), and if there's no reason then fear can't get a grip and you can remain calm and thoughtful.

Hi, author of the report here. He wasn't "lured" away from Tesla. As mentioned in the report, there was a significant gap between him leaving Tesla and joining Apple.

I can't go in details here and I don't want to take anything away from Chris who by all accounts is a great engineer, but let's just say that it certainly wasn't poaching and Tesla isn't crying over it.

Thanks...do you know how long ago he left Tesla? perhaps Porritt had a non-compete clause when he was signed up by Tesla that if he left he couldn't work for a competitor for at least 3 or 6 months after leaving Tesla... Wonder if that was a possibility

That's what caused the algos to have a conniption fit just now? What was the news?

Yeah. Posted the link via Edit. (Found in Twitter $TSLA.) I skimmed it. It seems anecdotal. Two quotes:

However, as the units in operation continue to multiply, the question arises of whether Tesla can keep up with the service issues—especially when the Model 3 compact sedan starts production en masse in late 2017.

“This thing is beautiful,” he says. “The car’s power is incredible. It handles fantastic. It’s hard to believe it’s almost three tons. I’m rather impressed with the car overall.”

These are the same things we've been seeing before, only more of it. Whether SP had this calculated in or not is to be seen.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Thanks...do you know how long ago he left Tesla? perhaps Porritt had a non-compete clause when he was signed up by Tesla that if he left he couldn't work for a competitor for at least 3 or 6 months after leaving Tesla... Wonder if that was a possibility

Non-compete contracts are virtually unenforceable in California so that's not it. Sources are not clear on when he "left" Tesla. It looks like about 6 months ago - though it was his last job.

• Informative
Reactions: erha
We are right on a hairline that determines the movement for, this week and probably next. My base support thesis was 247.1x, and failing that for extended time, this could elevator down pretty quickly. Between this movement and the ER just a few weeks away.. Well I wouldn't leverage too heavy on calls right now, this could easily enter a bear phase depending on what cycles this takes in the short term future.

Good dip to buy on, folks!

I may be long(ish) on TSLA, but I like to read this thread for insight. I also like to watch the SP all the time, but I'm not sure it's good for my health :eek:
Since I think of you all as friends and we likely all sit at the computer way too much, this short video will have you up and out of your seat a bit each day:

Not seeing anything positive about this holding 247.1. So, on to retracements: 242.2, 235.8, & 231.x. Really there is no bottom support until those numbers since this broke down from 247.1 support. So, if you are holding puts -- this should be fun. If not, watch for falling knives.

Reactions: BobSk and Renaud
So no news for a couple of days, we were flat, no direction, and just two "stupid" pieces of news and that's it, bam, -3%. So those like me who were soon happy about yesterday's recovery and resilience to oil, well....still can't get used to this volatility!

We are right on a hairline that determines the movement for, this week and probably next. My base support thesis was 247.1x, and failing that for extended time, this could elevator down pretty quickly. Between this movement and the ER just a few weeks away.. Well I wouldn't leverage too heavy on calls right now, this could easily enter a bear phase depending on what cycles this takes in the short term future.
My trading portion is on the sidelines. Totally agree with your assessment. Once it breaks below certain level, better wait for it to reverse above that level then get in.

Reactions: DesertCO
Status
Not open for further replies.