Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
First post in here.
I enjoy this thread much more without the politics and since it's highly doubtful anyone will convince anyone else to vote this way or that I'm hoping we'll shelve the OT politics. Of course if anyone has predicted outcome in November and how they read the effect on TSLA short term, I'm all in.
Two days ago, based on reading discussions here, I sold 50% at $254 and voted with my $ for DTU. I'll move more depending on the CC results. Just trying to get back OT. Thanks for all the great analyses and counter arguments.
Welcome to the DTU team, so far so good I think.

Annoying pseudoscientific hogwash - and you can stop trolling me with the dislike button too.

The maximum total amount of input energy in human biomas is the calorie content of your refrigerator minus your human metabolism times efficiency of biomas energy extraction. Now go figure how far and at what speed you can push your SUV per can of baked beans to get this into a sense of proportion.

You will find that putting a little hydro electric generator on your toilet and flushing it twice per case of need will offset human biomas if not entirely then almost.

Grrrr.

It is simply a chart of how much of each type of electricity generating capacity was added over the last month and ytd. It shows not much natural gas relative to renewables. It's about trends. I know you feel attacked on all sides but you've got to stop being so thin skinned.

I'm surprised (not :D) nobody is talking about the short term SP. Or maybe we just patiently wait until next week and ER?
When we got that drop to 241 due to that article or report in a magazine last week, somebody posted interesting charts with channels, that person is still welcome to do it!
Max pain is at 247ish, low volume the last few days, 250 was providing great support until yesterday last hour, now dropping at /close/below 244, with interesting volume. Stop loss being triggered?

Is this little drop now confirming a change of trend?

Reactions: PaulusdB
Two days ago, based on reading discussions here, I sold 50% at $254 and voted with my $ for DTU. I'll move more depending on the CC results. Just trying to get back OT. Thanks for all the great analyses and counter arguments.
Welcome to the DTU team, so far so good I think.

DTU? Google says it's the Technical University of Denmark. What do you folks mean?

Is this little drop now confirming a change of trend?

Market is getting nervous about earnings report. We have had some big misses, like Apple. Analysts are estimating revenue at $1.6 billion. I think this number is low. The loaded Model X sales should mostly make up for the production miss (12,420x100,000 + 2,400x140,000 = 1,578,000,000). ZEV credits, Tesla energy, used car sales, etc. will raise this figure well above $1.6 billion. Not clear on earnings due to the unknown cost of dealing with Model X ramp. Like most everyone else here, I am expecting positive news from guidance.

A few pages ago someone coined DTU and JUDKW or something for the two current trading expectations of TSLA. Down Then Up, and Just Up Don't Know When. I've been in the DTU cap expecting a negative ER and subsequent stock price drop, which is why I sold half of my trading shares to free up cash at 255 the other day.

The other theory is basically no drop on Q1 ER and we stay sideways until the eventual breakout. The eventual breakout is roughly the same in both theories.

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51 and hobbes
Status
Not open for further replies.