Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They got a bunch of emails re the timeline of the whole process.

So TSLA board has approved the deal, which is why they announced it yesterday. Then it goes to SCTY board for approval.

Then DD happens "promptly, hopefully done in the next 2-3 weeks"

Then shareholder vote would be sent out soon after if the previous steps go well.

Reactions: Lessmog
Costs like higher health insurance - which you still pay, because you're part of the health insurance system, and it doesn't matter if you get sick or not, because you're still paying for any health problems the people around you have

Then our efforts should be spent on reducing obesity, increasing exercise, healthy food choices, and removing stress from our lives. And let's not forget smoking. In the US, climate change is relatively low on the list of health problems.

Good luck on your quest. I'll keep paying $0.12 per kWh.

EM just alluded to more "secret" information that he can't tell us about. Says "we maybe should have done this sooner." "We will look back on gasoline cars like we look back on steam engines. Fossil fuel power gen was a weird phase. We want to get out of that phase as soon as we can." Now going off on the whole burning fossil fuels is crazy thing our grandchildren won't believe.

• Disagree
Reactions: callmesam and FANGO
Can I remind everyone that it's 5:30am? This is not an acceptable time to be awake (and to have been awake for at least an hour and a half now). Let's stop with all the meta-analyzing of tone and so on that we so often do here, it is certainly not valid this time around. People are tired. Duh. Let's stick with content, please.

??? Can I remind people that it's unacceptable to use "I'm tired" as an excuse for doing your job inadequately? When I'd fly from California to Germany or Taiwan and have a meeting immediately after I got off the plane, it wasn't acceptable to not be able to adequately answer serious questions. You suck it up and collapse later when you're not on the phone trying to make one of the more important cases in your career...

Last edited:
There is that saying, do not let you emotions guide your stock decisions. I can't help but to wonder if that golden rule is being disregarded here. I have been up much of the night looking at financials of both companies in detail. The main issue that bothers me here is the cross-pollination of board members in both companies. The financial structure of SCTY also bothers me. This reads vested emotional interest of the proposed merger. I can say without a doubt SCTY is in financial trouble, however, the financial structure is much like that of GE financing -- at least on some level and relies on capital financing returns. At first I saw this as a net-positive event, despite the WS reaction. But after digging in to the macro capabilities of both companies, I'm not so sure.

As has been mentioned here ad nauseam, the timing, and intercorrelation could not come at a worse time. This has everything to do with impending Q2 ER, IMHO. I have a feeling there is concern about the revelation of SCTY's financial health in the near-term, which may impact the sentiment toward Tesla. So essentially, Tesla was going to take a hit either way. By proposing to buy SCTY it saves some degree of sentiment for Tesla. That's about the only positive I can see from this, and I am fairly certain that is the reasoning. Financial analysts are going to rake this idea over the coals at the expense of Tesla shareholders. It will cast many doubts in the sentiment of the SP, and will likely place the volatility of the stock in an even a more precarious spot -- likely for the next few quarters.

As far as strategic moves on my part for positioning - I will likely buy $TSLA at 180-185 if it goes there. I was debating on an iron condor type trade, but have decided against any options on this because volatility is going to be nuts. If any option play, it will likely be core shares in $TSLA, and short positions in $SCTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.