Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No waaaayyyy?' Really?!

Let me get this straight... yesterday they grossly mis-report and affect the stock price and now today they give airtime to this individual?

Incredible.

I wonder how much he gets paid for a 1-2 minute segment. :cool:

If he's right, he gets to boast, gets called up for more appearances, and demand higher pay for everything he does. If he's wrong, he gets paid to either admit he was wrong, continue to appear on TV insisting he's right and the market isn't being rational, or he moves on to the next stock.

I really ought to write a book titled, 'How to be a Successful Celebrity Analyst Without Trying.' ©

I suppose as long as I provide proper disclosures, and emphasize that I'm not a Celebrity Analyst it should be okay?

Funniest and possibly best comment from a 'Celebrity Pundit'.
Marc Morano - "I'm not a scientist, but I do play one on TV occasionally" (Merchants of Doubt)

Last edited:
today in Colorado if [hypothetically] a person were to buy a M3 for $35000... they would get a Fed credit of $7500 and a Colorado credit of $6000. that would make 38% of the vehicle price subsidized and the cost of the vehicle for the consumer $21500.

if Tesla leaks up into the 200k and then sells 500k in 2018 as is planned... then with the 50% for 2Q and 25% for 2Q formula you're describing... that would be an additional $3b in Federal subsidies and $2.5b in Colorado subsidies.

If Tesla sells 416,666 cars in Colorado in 2018 (your numbers: $2.5 billion / $6000), I think I can retire and stop reading this board...

Here's something interesting - a 5 seater MX just got a VIN today: 90D with 5 seats confirmed for nearly 2 months. What's going on?

VIN is 25,8xx (October started in the 23,xxx range).

I suppose this lends supports to the 5 seat truthers argument that the new product is a 5 seater MX with folding seats. Now that the regular MX is easier for Tesla to build and they eliminated a bunch of stuff (60, coils, accessory hitch) to increase the base price, maybe there's room for a barer bones MX that slots between MX and MY? Like a 60D 5 seater with coils and a nice low starting price?

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: MitchJi and dc_h
You realize, of course, that this figure does not include military-related spending, such as the nuclear weapons programs run by the Dept. of Energy, nor the Veterans Administration, among others (source: Military budget of the United States - Wikipedia).

Well, then just about everything could be military related. Aerospace, NASA ,Colonization of Mars, Education (particularly hard sciences) Automotive Industry, Port Facilities Roads & Bridges etc

7drHiqr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.