Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone pin this moment in their mind about product announcements. The mystery was loved more than the truth, even though there is reason to be excited about the truth...

Odd that it's not an event. My guess is that it IS the HUD, and it will be a slickly produced video.

Consistent with the delay from monday-- the video needed final touches.

Everyone pin this moment in their mind about product announcements. The mystery was loved more than the truth, even though there is reason to be excited about the truth...

Odd that it's not an event. My guess is that it IS the HUD, and it will be a slickly produced video.

Consistent with the delay from monday-- the video needed final touches.

I expect we get a showcase video, and announcement that its shipping on S/X now.

I wonder how much he gets paid for a 1-2 minute segment. :cool:

If he's right, he gets to boast, gets called up for more appearances, and demand higher pay for everything he does. If he's wrong, he gets paid to either admit he was wrong, continue to appear on TV insisting he's right and the market isn't being rational, or he moves on to the next stock.

I really ought to write a book titled, 'How to be a Successful Celebrity Analyst Without Trying.' ©

I suppose as long as I provide proper disclosures, and emphasize that I'm not a Celebrity Analyst it should be okay?

Funniest and possibly best comment from a 'Celebrity Pundit'.

Actually, most of the talking heads and experts you see on CNBC pay to be there. It's advertising for their own business. Gets their name out there.

I have a good friend who is an expert in our industry, founder and CEO of a company, and regular article author. After the first time I saw him on CNBC years ago he clued me in to how this whole pundit market works.

The experts you see on TV pay a retainer to a broker to get their hat in a pool. The brokers get paid by the news networks to provide them a ready supply of vetted experts. If your broker gets you a spot on air you pay them a placement fee. This holds true at the national network level. The big leagues. Local is a different story.

Very likely hes gonna announce Model 3 delivery is on time, or even early. Otherwise why announcing part 2 this early?

I'm curious how far along is Chevy with the Bolt in terms of manufacturing. I suspect they're committed and locked and loaded for assembly and can't do anything about whatever Model 3 Part 2 might entail. That plus I suspect Elon wants to boost the TSLA price, to do a raise. The timing of those two factors I suspect fed into the timing of tonight's announcement: maximize opportunity for a cash raise in Q4.

Status
Not open for further replies.