Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On page 23:
"De-levered profile of the business with >$450mm of conversion requests received year-to-date, reducing the aggregate principal of 2018 maturities to $205mm"

To me, that seems to answer the question of "why no capital raise in Q4"? It was originally estimated that they needed to pay $411 million on their 2018 convertible notes debt. If that's now only $205mm, because the rest converted, then there's no longer a need for over $206mm of cash.

Q3 GAAP profitability is still on the table, but I'm going to hedge that it's also not likely either.

About ~$14 million in face value was converted early before 6/30/16. Another $411 million in face value gave early conversion notices between 6/30/16 and the 2Q16 10Q filed on 8/5/16. It looks like another ~$30 million in face value gave early conversion notices between 8/5/16 and 10/25/16. This leaves only $205 million in face value of the 2018 notes still outstanding. If no further early conversion notices are received, no capital to repay that obligation will be needed until May, 2018.

That $205 million (plus) shoe could drop anytime as long as the share price remains above ~$161 in 20 of the last 30 tradings of the quarters between now and May 2018. Those that have converted early probably received a VWAP of ~$225/share (for a face value equivalent of ~$125/share).

I'm surprised no one is discussing the SCTY convertibles as a good play if the merger succeeds. FINRA shows them trading around a 15-21% discount to par.

Forbes: "You know sentiment is shifting against Tesla when savvy short sellers like Jim Chanos join the fray." He joined 3 years ago: so we should be safe.
Bob Lutz is a dinosaur clinging on to the last vestiges of his perceived relevance. He was one of the top executives at GM as they rolled in to bankruptcy.
He probably held short options on his own company.

Looks like some serious activity with weekly options.
Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 18.37.57.png

Status
Not open for further replies.