Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do some of you seriously think that Spiegel is influential on the shareprice ?
Any psych who would even just look at his tweets knows that guy has serious issues that can not be fixed.

I guess maybe the FUD around a SEC investigation did some harm, which the shorts took advantage of the best they could. But that is what it is, FUD spread by stakeholders spreading misinformation.

I have a hard time to believe Spiegel plays a measurable role.

FUD. People never read beyond the headlines nowadays.

So tesla didn't report GAAP?

Of course they did. They have always reported GAAP Revenue and Profit.

They also provide non-GAAP numbers. Non-GAAP is very important for Analysts and investors. Growth stocks are usually evaluated based on non-GAAP numbers.

Furthermore, Tesla just discontinued their Residual Value Guarantee program. This simplifies things for Tesla financial reporting

FUD. People never read beyond the headlines nowadays.

It's not just "people" (retail traders). Hedge funds and their algobots react to headlines almost instantaneously. The ordinary people who get taken down are often weak longs with stop loss limits who are toppled by hedge fund tactics that trigger a cascade similar to toppling dominoes.

C

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: Yuri_G and mmd
Do some of you seriously think that Spiegel is influential on the shareprice ?
Any psych who would even just look at his tweets knows that guy has serious issues that can not be fixed.

People here love to blame the evil shorts for any decline, even if the evil shorts have no significant impact.
It is a lot easier to blame them than think that saintly longs are selling shares.

O
"The inaccurate and sensationalistic view of Autopilot put forth by this group is exactly the kind of misinformation that threatens to harm consumer safety.”

Perfect description on the dishonest media and "expert" organizations
In my opinion Elon did and still does do a big mistake regarding the autopilot and the autonomous driving future: he raises expectations which then cannot be fulfilled. On the mid-term this will lead to customers with wrong expectations which always is a bad thing.

Tesla should just change the spelling.

ra,unisex_tshirt,x1000,322e3f:696a94a5d4,front-c,235,200,225,294-bg,ffffff.u1.jpg

Tesla needs to start letting the lawsuits fly. Sue everybody (with money) that posts lies. Enough is enough.
I think there is just too much information out there for people nowadays....no one stops and thinks about reading more than one article on the same subject. Add fake news on Facebook, etc, and people can get away with these types of headlines. It seems the truth is a burden now and has slipped from our hands as a society. Tesla really needs to extinguish all the lies.

I think there is just too much information out there for people nowadays....no one stops and thinks about reading more than one article on the same subject. Add fake news on Facebook, etc, and people can get away with these types of headlines. It seems the truth is a burden now and has slipped from our hands as a society. Tesla really needs to extinguish all the lies.
Disagree. Don't worry about it. The truth will win out eventually. In the meantime it's another buying opportunity.

Well, actually if they just start running some ads, that might do it.
Speaking of advertising ... this photo was taken in April 2015 back when Tesla say they don't pay for advertisements. A friend spotted this few months before I took the photo. Just wondering how true that claim was back then. Sorry for brining up such old topic but just curious ever since.

Photo: Ohio ramp to 90/94 Chicago.

Attachments

• IMG_3399.JPG
    IMG_3399.JPG
    360.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Status
Not open for further replies.