Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 51k shares borrowed at Fidelity before open as compared to 98k yesterday. There additional 312k available. It seems that the appetite for shorting is going down.

View attachment 208140

Some action at Fidelity - 349k shares were added to the available (this was not likely a covering), and then shortly after 100k shares borrowed for shorting.

I bought $215 weeklies, hoping to form time delayed bull spread on recovery. I think TSLA will hold SMA(200) and recover back.

Snap1.png

Looks like the pullback to the 5 day MA and 200 day MA on the daily chart I alluded to yesterday is happening now. Need to hold above these 2 moving averages to maintain the trend. Weekly chart now forming a shooting star candle beneath the upper bollinget band and 100 week MA...consolidation above the 200 MA would be helpful to allow the overbought conditions to be worked off over time...fingers crossed..

What kind of jobs? Not all jobs are created equally. Are we talking part-time jobs with no company healthcare coverage? Minimum wage jobs? Or are we talking 200,000 jobs in a sector of business (ie. manufacturing) that the US has given away to other parts of the world? 6,000 quality manufacturing jobs has a huge impact on a community. Indeed, as little as 800 quality manufacturing jobs has a huge impact on a community. Let me just paste a little excerpt here for you regarding the job loses at Carrier:

One Carrier employee with the company 31 years described the move as "a big blow."

While she preferred not to be identified, she said "there was a lot of sadness" and anxiety following the announcement.

"A lot of people don't know what they're going to do," she said. "These are good jobs. It's been a good company."

Jones said the union hoped to convince Carrier to reconsider.

"It's not just these jobs but the many suppliers that will be affected." he said. "It's going to affect a lot of families. It's a sad situation."

"With my age, it's going to be hard to find another job, because I'm 60 and in three more years, who will hire me?" said Anna Burrus.

Councilor Jared Evans, who stopped by, called the move bad for workers and bad for the west side.

"These people have strong buying power. They get paid $20-25 an hour, so it impacts us in different ways and now we'll have a huge, very large vacant building on the west side," said Evans.

Unless you're walking in their shoes, don't scoff and call BS. 6,000 jobs, whether Trump was responsible or not, is meaningful to a lot of people and adds to the bucket of water. If you don't believe that, then you can't possibly believe that one man named Elon Musk can change the world.

Every job is meaningful to that person I have empathy, but what I don't have is sympathy for those who just sit around and complain instead of increasing their marketability. For example coal miners, no we don't need more coal mining jobs, so get on with it and learn another trade. If you don't want to then move to China where plenty of coal is still being used.

Shares available to short seems abnormally high for a day, almost as if there is confidence that upcoming news will negate any short selling. OR concern over the weekend numbers wont be that great. One or the other. Good deliveries for Tesla and good autopilot update is good for NVDA.

Dreams here, Im hoping for stellar deliveries and an autopilot rollout far beyond what is expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.