Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I remove my tint before?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Tesla service call next month on one of my windows because there is a piece of dirt lodged between both panels of glass and part of my window from the bottom is cracking.

I currently have that window tinted and was wondering if I should remove it before they come out? Any thoughts on this?

If you remove tint only from that window, service will know that you removed it. If they want to deny warranty, now they have two people to blame, installer and remover. Either remove all tint or don’t bother. If there is a dirt in between panels, it can’t possibly be caused by tint installation.

I have a Tesla service call next month on one of my windows because there is a piece of dirt lodged between both panels of glass and part of my window from the bottom is cracking.

I currently have that window tinted and was wondering if I should remove it before they come out? Any thoughts on this?

Would you be able to post a picture sharing the damage, so that we know how it looks and what to watch for in ours as well, Thanks.

They wont deny it, but they wont reimburse you to get it re-tinted. I had a air leak in one of my quarter panel glasses that was tinted, and they replaced it under warranty, but would not reimburse me to get it re-tinted.