Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I trade up ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My current MYP is off-lease Oct 1 (did a lease instead of purchase to see if it would work for us, with range, charging, etc - it worked better than expected) so I’m in the same camp as others, wondering if I should order now or wait for Juniper revamp. The incentives are awesome, for sure, and nobody knows when/if the MY will get some changes, but there are SO many Teslas around my parts I’d love for something slightly different. A vehicle that has only 5 paint colors and is ubiquitous gets annoying after a while, would be nice to have something unique at least for a year until that, too, becomes ubiquitous lol.

At present I’m ready to order a MSM MYP and get clear satin wrap/paint protection on it, either red-out or black-out the logos. Waiting as long as possible to decide in case they start manufacturing the new MY in October

My current MYP is off-lease Oct 1 (did a lease instead of purchase to see if it would work for us, with range, charging, etc - it worked better than expected) so I’m in the same camp as others, wondering if I should order now or wait for Juniper revamp. The incentives are awesome, for sure, and nobody knows when/if the MY will get some changes, but there are SO many Teslas around my parts I’d love for something slightly different. A vehicle that has only 5 paint colors and is ubiquitous gets annoying after a while, would be nice to have something unique at least for a year until that, too, becomes ubiquitous lol.

At present I’m ready to order a MSM MYP and get clear satin wrap/paint protection on it, either red-out or black-out the logos. Waiting as long as possible to decide in case they start manufacturing the new MY in October
Did you see the drone photos that show the new steering wheel from the X and S? Presumably it will lose the wiper and turn signal stalks and use touch capacitive buttons on the wheel. I'd order now just to avoid that. You have to look where to put your thumb to use the turn signals and deal with accidental honking if you set your thumb in the wrong spot. Deal-breaker for me.

Did you see the drone photos that show the new steering wheel from the X and S? Presumably it will lose the wiper and turn signal stalks and use touch capacitive buttons on the wheel. I'd order now just to avoid that. You have to look where to put your thumb to use the turn signals and deal with accidental honking if you set your thumb in the wrong spot. Deal-breaker for me.

That’s where everybody’s different. I test drove the X and S without stalks and yeah I dislike the signal buttons but could live with a steering wheel (no to yoke) without stalks. No USS? That’s a dealbreaker because I’m always in urban parking spots and Disney.

Reactions: Noflash
That’s where everybody’s different. I test drove the X and S without stalks and yeah I dislike the signal buttons but could live with a steering wheel (no to yoke) without stalks. No USS? That’s a dealbreaker because I’m always in urban parking spots and Disney.
Yeah, having to select drive 1-2 times in a day is far from what I would consider a major inconvenience. And keeping my hand on the wheel to change lanes doesn’t seem like a horrible idea. Just because it’s not the same as always doesn’t make it bad. Doubt many are typing on a typewriter or dialing a phone anymore either.

Deal breaker for me would be if the next MY is yoke-only - I can't stand that, buddy has a MS Plaid and it's annoying. Sounds like the same will come over with regards to stalk-delete, as in his car one has to work with the touch buttons and wheels and stuff. I'm sure I'll get used to that, as I did working with just two stalks, two scroll wheels/buttons and one screen in the MY. When I get in my wife's Volvo XC60 T6 it's like an airplane cockpit to me - so many buttons and dials and knobs and wheels and everything lol. That WAS normal, then Tesla super-simplified it with the M3 and MY and now I'm quite accustomed to the extreme minimalism