Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

should i wait for the new porsche or i-pace to come out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a major reason to pass on the ipace is the simple fact that it weighs less than 6000lbs so it doesn't qualify for the section 179 deduction like the X does. For a business, that's huge (upto $25k deduction)

it's suggestive, but i prefer the looks of the X over the ipace and concur like the other posts about the tesla OTA support, supercharging network, etc..

The porsche mission e (sedan) looks awesome though, and i'd seriously consider that if i was in the market for a S but their suv mockups look a bit ugly imo so i'd still get the X over it as well.

Have you successfully applied this for the Model X? You just gave me a very good reason to buy the Model X this year

Guys, where is Jaguar made, is it American? I dont get people. They complain about this and that about the economy, jobs etc ( I know things are improving now), then they buy german made cars. I dont get it. If Trump taxes import vehicles, I would 100% for it. buy American. Simple. Tesla American made.. why you want something made in another country. Doesn't make sense to me.

Have you successfully applied this for the Model X? You just gave me a very good reason to buy the Model X this year

The deduction doubled for 2018 with the new tax bill -- speak to your CPA.
I got my X end of 2016, another 2 co-workers are getting their Xes now -- it's too appealing for companies (making money) to disregard with the deduction that can be taken now.

Be careful what you wish for. A major refresh is likely to leave you with untested hardware which will require repairs and adjustments, as well as basic features you may have to wait months if not years to use (for example it took over a year for refreshed AP2 S and X wipers to start sensing rain, Model 3 still doesn't have a way to turn on heated seats and it's been a few months since first deliveries).
it looks like they've already updapted the MCU for the better. :D (check out DaErik's video on YouTube)

Guys, where is Jaguar made, is it American? I dont get people. They complain about this and that about the economy, jobs etc ( I know things are improving now), then they buy german made cars. I dont get it. If Trump taxes import vehicles, I would 100% for it. buy American. Simple. Tesla American made.. why you want something made in another country. Doesn't make sense to me.
yeah, but look at this! the i-pace looks good all blacked out. :D

Attachments

• jagi-pacePDF.pdf
    678.7 KB · Views: 70
it looks like they've already updapted the MCU for the better. :D (check out DaErik's video on YouTube)
Luckily nobody noticed any missing features yet, but it's only been a couple of days. Reliability data will not roll in for a bit. When we picked up our last Model S it came with a new, redesigned, "better" side mirrors, except one of them would die after 3 weeks, so SC would swap a new mirror in, and within 3 weeks we were back for a new one - rince, lather, repeat, for 3 months until Tesla came out with improved hardware which stopped dying. You can read the threads here of many people having the same problem.

To answer the OP question, get the Tesla model X. I've been waiting years to get one and I was recently asking myself the same question a few weeks ago. wait for the porsche? or get the model x? it finally dawned on me that if I keep waiting, I'll just keep waiting. Newer vehicles are always being developed. get in one now and enjoy it! So I took my own advice and that's what I finally did. expecting my new Model X any day now.

Reactions: WarpedOne
To answer the OP question, get the Tesla model X. I've been waiting years to get one and I was recently asking myself the same question a few weeks ago. wait for the porsche? or get the model x? it finally dawned on me that if I keep waiting, I'll just keep waiting. Newer vehicles are always being developed. get in one now and enjoy it! So I took my own advice and that's what I finally did. expecting my new Model X any day now.

Ha, I had a similar experience back in 2013. Tesla was telling us how the Model X was "just around the corner". Unfamiliar with "Elon time" I held on for a bit, then test drove a Model S and bought one. Good thing because as it turned out "just around the corner" meant a couple of years. I actually never got the Model X at all, as I realized I liked the Model S better. Picking up our 4th Model S next week (hopefully). :) When the Mission-E comes out, I'll go check it out, and who knows, it might become my 5th EV. Until then, enjoying the Teslas very much. :D My advice - don't wait or life will pass you by.

Reactions: svp6