Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should it slow down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve found with just TACC enabled it doesn’t seem to do it. When autosteer is enabled as far as I can tell it always seems to slow down - although I can’t guarantee it does it every time! I have noticed however that it doesn’t speed up when it changes to a higher speed limit unless I touch the icon.

I did a test today with TACC and autosteer on a 50 to 70 road and also a 70 to 50 road. The car neither sped up nor slowed down.

Do you get a load of alarms going off about speed limited while cruise control engaged when you change into a lower speed limit area?

Ive had that a few times but it’s not consistent - in same road it does it one day then doesn’t on others

I’ve found that rule of thumb:
TACC alone doesn’t change speed
TACC Engaged first followed by autosteer doesn’t change speed
Autosteer engaged does change speed
Autosteer disengaged TACC left engaged and autosteer subsequently re-engaged doesn’t change speed.

speed changes are both up and down

I’ve found that rule of thumb:
TACC alone doesn’t change speed
TACC Engaged first followed by autosteer doesn’t change speed
Autosteer engaged does change speed
Autosteer disengaged TACC left engaged and autosteer subsequently re-engaged doesn’t change speed.

speed changes are both up and down
When you quote “Autosteer engaged does change speed” do you mean a double click of the autopilot lever? If so, didn’t work for me today.

Why is it so blooming complicated to understand the system for this. Do the developers for this part of the software product drive cars do we think ? I find it immensely frustrating that Tesla are being called out regularly by drivers for just not understanding .... driving !

Why is it so blooming complicated to understand the system for this. Do the developers for this part of the software product drive cars do we think ? I find it immensely frustrating that Tesla are being called out regularly by drivers for just not understanding .... driving !

you’re right. I can’t decide whether it’s doing something it not supposed to do, not doing something it should do, or just a complete dog’s breakfast piece of software programming. Sadly, it’s probably the latter.

yes. Double tap. But if you’re in TACC already, it won’t change speed. Come out of TACC and double tap and it should change.
It was working for me under 36.11 but I haven’t tried under 40.4
Under v26, it doesn't work for me except for a couple of places locally. For example if I've double tapped coming into our town, it changes down. But if I've double tapped to go out of town it does nothing except irritate drivers behind me who wonder why I'm doing 30 in 40 and then a 60.

And that changing down only occurs coming into our town and one other place locally. I've never found a place locally where it increases my speed.

I've just updated to 40.x and will see if it changes performance.

At least my phone is now the Alpha phone in the household :cool: