Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see why not. 265 on a 10.5" wide wheel is quite stretched.

Danny
Tell me about it...285 would fit perfect (thats what i run on the rears) on the rim but I believe its too wide for the fronts. I think the offset is too high. Also, sport contact 6 does not come in 275....just found that out haha

Did a search, saw few try 285 in front with rubbing (is it bad?), but that was from 2017-2019 posts...wonder if anyone tried on the refresh X.

Last edited:
Reactions: kriRanX
Tell me about it...285 would fit perfect (thats what i run on the rears) on the rim but I believe its too wide for the fronts. I think the offset is too high. Also, sport contact 6 does not come in 275....just found that out haha

Did a search, saw few try 285 in front with rubbing (is it bad?), but that was from 2017-2019 posts...wonder if anyone tried on the refresh X.
Can't say we've done enough refreshed Model X's to be certain, but we've put 285/295s on 10.5" wide fronts of refreshed Model S.

Danny

5mm spacers were used on the front. There is slight poke, but nothing crazy. The tire size was also chosen so there wouldn't be rubbing. Here's some pics I just took the other day after installing the Maxton Design front lip.

Signature SV302S
GLOSS BLACK LIP
GLOSS BLACK FACE
BLACK HARDWARE
22X10-15 FRONT 22X11-15 REAR

LOVE them, just need to finish the aero and mount them up.
05jouZl.jpg

YfFbOYF.jpg
Hi, What tire sizes did you end up running on these? Do you think 285/35/22 and 315/30/22 would fit with these specs? Thanks.

Hi, Any rubbing? Thanks.
The only rubbing I experienced was @ full lock steering while backing into a steep driveway at a 45* angle in "high" suspension mode. It was so extreme of an approach though that front bumper overhang scraped and one of the front tires fully lifted off of the ground as I backed up (normal people wouldn't attempt to drive a model x plaid into such a spot). Normally, there is no rubbing even on steep approaches (but only slightly and only in "low" or "very low" suspension modes).

Last edited:
Here is a pic of wheels @ full steering lock on a hillside driveway approach in "low" suspension mode. Tire is lightly rubbing against inner rear fender liner but no audible scraping noises or harsh scraping.

Attachments

• rub.1.jpg
    rub.1.jpg
    581.6 KB · Views: 434
  • rub.2.jpg
    rub.2.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 375
Here is a pic of wheels @ full steering lock on a hillside driveway approach in "low" suspension mode. Tire is lightly rubbing against inner rear fender liner but no audible scraping noises or harsh scraping.
Great. Thanks for taking the time for the photos. Any "poke" at all in the front? Also, I am assuming there is enough clearance in the rear? I would love to go with a 285/35/22 F (22x10 or 22x10.5; +20 may be) and 315/30/22 R (22x11 or 22x11.5; +25 may be). Some decent tire options in that size.

Great. Thanks for taking the time for the photos. Any "poke" at all in the front? Also, I am assuming there is enough clearance in the rear? I would love to go with a 285/35/22 F (22x10 or 22x10.5; +20 may be) and 315/30/22 R (22x11 or 22x11.5; +25 may be). Some decent tire options in that size.
No poke out in the front. I would rather have a 22x10 in front but already pushing the limits @ lock to lock steering clearances of front wheel well liner. Maybe there's an alignment that could compensate? Ill have to experiment with spacers later. The rear has decent room and should be able to accommodate 11.5" wheels with 315/30 tires. My 305/35r22 rears are probably max height but definitely could go wider with less backspacing.

Blaque Diamond BD-23 9 x 22 front and 10.5 x 22 rear.
Did you have to use hubcentric rings or hubcentric spacers to get a 32mm offset? I can't find hub diameter of the wheels and everywhere I look shows them as having a 35mm offset.

I've always liked the look of the Porsche GT3 wheels and these are damn close. I've been trying to find more pics of them on an X with no luck since somehow yours being chrome w/ black faces makes them look smaller than 22's somehow.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1671222046805.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1671222046805.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 337
So I decided to the Ferrada FR1s with matte black face and gloss black lip.
22x10.5 et 40 285/35
22x11 et 20 305/30

5mm spacers in front to clear the strut. Rear spindles needed to be trimmed down to accommodate the center caps.

Pictures are in very low setting with lowering links. I have not heard any rubbing yet. I parallel parked the other day, and didn't notice any issues. I'm not sure I went full lock though honestly.

View attachment 652031

View attachment 652032

Not sure why the front looks a little higher in this picture, perhaps the suspension was in mid-adjustment still.
View attachment 652033

View attachment 652038
Back fitment looks like but you should have used a 20mm adapter up front for a flush fitment there as well.

SASHA SELIPANOV collaboration with UP, results in signature designed wheels set for Tesla cars. The CYBRHEX.

THE UP CYBRHEX FORGED WHEEL IS DEVELOPED THROUGH A GROUNDBREAKING PARTNERSHIP WITH SASHA SELIPANOV, AN ACCOMPLISHED SPORTS CAR DESIGNER (HIS WORK CAN BE SEEN ON THE LAMBORGHINI HURACAN, BUGATTI CHIRON, KOENIGSEGG GEMERA, KOENIGSEGG CC850, AND OTHER ICONIC AUTOMOBILES) TO ENCAPSULATE THE SPIRIT OF THE RETRO-FUTURISTIC TESLA CYBERTRUCK

With the advent of the Cybertruck, a bold new design language was introduced into the Tesla brand. We felt it was only appropriate to develop specialized products appropriate for this new era of Tesla. In our approach to the iconoclastic Cybertruck, we needed not only a wheel that looked right with the design visually, but that could put up with the rigors of carrying heavy loads, towing heavier loads, and dealing with the roughest terrain on earth, the Moon or Mars.

“I’m thrilled to team up with Unplugged Performance for this new wheel design. We aimed for something that looks equally at home on Earth and on Mars. The result is a great match for the brutalist aesthetics of the Tesla Cybertruck.” –
Sasha Selipanov
Going from design concept to reality has a long list of steps along the way. Over the year that followed Ben & Sasha’s initial ideas, we’ve collectively tackled major engineering and production challenges to bring such a unique shape to market and make it WORK.

Produced in aerospace-grade 6061-T6 forged aluminum for maximum weight savings and durability, the Unplugged Performance CYBRHEX wheels are built from the ground up to perform. The end result is the first wheel designed and engineered specifically for the Cybertruck with toughness and design-DNA appropriate for an adventure filled CYBR future.

KEY TAKEAWAYS FOR THE UNPLUGGED PERFORMANCE CYBRHEX WHEELS

• Designed in collaboration with famed supercar designer Sasha Selipanov and featuring his iconic “Sash!” signature engraved on the barrel
  • Produced in lightweight forged 6061-T6 aerospace-grade aluminum for superior strength and over-engineered for the rigorous Cybertruck use
  • 20″, 21″, and 22″ inch applications are initially available in fitments for all Tesla vehicles
  • Unique hexagonal centercap
  • Anti-slip knurling, an F1 race car technology, designed to reduce tire slip
  • Designed & accepts factory Tesla TPMS, lug nuts, and fits all center Tesla center bores
  • Square fitment orders ship with matching front & rear wheel sizes in vehicle appropriate 9.5 width +35 offset. This wheel accept tires from a minimum 245 to a maximum 285 wide. Square orders are rotatable to expand tire longevity.
  • Staggered fitments include 2 front wheels in a vehicle appropriate 9.5 width with a +35 offset which accepts tires in 245-285 width & includes 2 rear wheels in a vehicle appropriate 10.5 width +35 offset which accepts tires in 265-315 width.
  • For all years of Tesla Model Y & Model S variants – The factory 21″ staggered tires can be used with the 21″ CYBRHEX 9.5/10.5 staggered sizes.
  • For all Tesla Model X variants in 22″ staggered factory tires – The factory 22″ staggered tires can also be utilized on the 22″ CYBRHEX 9.5/10.5 staggered sizes.
  • For all other Teslas, please select appropriate tire sizes that respect the factory rolling diameters and that are within the body limits of the car. The Model 3 can accept the appropriate rolling diameter tires in 21″ in a low profile tire. We do not advise 22″ for the Model 3. The Model S, X & Y can accept both 21″ and 22″. The Model Y and Model S should take caution to match appropriate rolling diameters for 22″ sizes. For all questions on tire sizing and more extreme applications please feel welcome to contact us prior to ordering.
  • We guarantee wheel fitment on all applications without rubbing/interference when paired with standard Tesla tire sizes and without added spacers or further modifications.
  • We do not advise spacers as the width and offset is already engineered to be appropriately sporty as an OEM+ type fitment. Spacers with stud extenders may interfere with the multi-drilled backpad of the wheel and we cannot guarantee aftermarket spacer support.
  • Cybertruck specific application wheels will not ship until final validation and testing is completed on the production-spec vehicle. All Cybertruck images are 3d renderings.
Note: for those who choose the Gloss Black/Machined 2-tone finish, the Machined sections are left with the raw machined look and may show lines and other markings from the machining process.
ORDER DEPOSITS ARE BEING TAKEN NOW FOT MODEL X,Y,3,S Applications. [email protected]

View attachment 867819 View attachment 867820

View attachment 867821

View attachment 867822

ORDER DEPOSITS ARE BEING TAKEN NOW FOT MODEL X,Y,3,S Applications.
[email protected]
Pics of these in staggered 22's on an X?

Did you have to use hubcentric rings or hubcentric spacers to get a 32mm offset? I can't find hub diameter of the wheels and everywhere I look shows them as having a 35mm offset.

I've always liked the look of the Porsche GT3 wheels and these are damn close. I've been trying to find more pics of them on an X with no luck since somehow yours being chrome w/ black faces makes them look smaller than 22's somehow.
After a lot of searching for the wheels I want on my X plaid, I think I will be going with these. They are the ones on the Cayenne Turbo GT, which IMO, are a modern version of the 991 GT3. Attachments source: Tesla Model X Wheels,tesla Model X Aftermarket Wheels,replacement Rims At JOVAWHEELS.COM.

They seem to have everything I want from a forged wheel in terms of design, and coincidentally, the turbo gt also the right tire sizes I was hoping to put on: 285/35/22 & 315/30/22 (more tire options FTW).

Attachments

• 20200723175257_50928.jpeg
    20200723175257_50928.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 300
  • 20200723175136_55039.jpeg
    20200723175136_55039.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
After a lot of searching for the wheels I want on my X plaid, I think I will be going with these. They are the ones on the Cayenne Turbo GT, which IMO, are a modern version of the 991 GT3. Attachments source: Tesla Model X Wheels,tesla Model X Aftermarket Wheels,replacement Rims At JOVAWHEELS.COM.

They seem to have everything I want from a forged wheel in terms of design, and coincidentally, the turbo gt also the right tire sizes I was hoping to put on: 285/35/22 & 315/30/22 (more tire options FTW).
Looks awesome. I ordered a set of Jova wheels (forged) for my Model 3p and they turned out great. Anyone run a 315/35r22 rear and 285/35r22 front? Wondering if the size difference is outside Tesla computer's tolerance.

Last edited: