Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Satin Pearl White Model X on our TS117 20x90 20x10 Forged Wheels in Satin Brush finish on factory Continental CCLX tires 265/45/20, 275/45/20.

MORE PICS HERE.

satin-pearl-white-tesla-model-x-aftermarket-wheels-20-inch-mx117-brush-clear-wm-10.jpg

satin-pearl-white-tesla-model-x-aftermarket-wheels-20-inch-mx117-brush-clear-wm-5.jpg

satin-pearl-white-tesla-model-x-aftermarket-wheels-20-inch-mx117-brush-clear-wm-17.jpg

Alright, finally got my new forged wheels and tires installed today on my X plaid. Thanks to this thread, I was able to order the right offsets and tire sizes.

Wheels are
22x10.5 +30 w/ 265/35/22
22x11.5 +30 w/ 315/30/22

No rubbing so far, the wheels sit flush with a bit of poke. Enough clearance to the suspension components.

Had factory 20s earlier; the ride is more harsh given the tire sidewalls sizes, but handling is greatly improved: the car just goes where you point it w/o any drama. Still breaking in the tires, but I can already sense how much more stable the car is in high-speed maneuvers and turns, for obvious reasons (less tire flex due to the lower profile tires on really wide wheels). Also note that I have the UP rear sway bar at full stiff.

Will update this thread with driving impressions when I push it in a few days. And, yeah, love the look obviously. The photos also don't do enough justice for how massive the rotors and calipers are.

Enjoy the photos.

IMG_9217.jpg
IMG_9225.jpg
IMG_9242.jpg
IMG_9259.jpg
IMG_9255.jpg
IMG_9260.jpg
IMG_9253.jpg
IMG_9230.jpg
IMG_9278.jpg

Alright, finally got my new forged wheels and tires installed today on my X plaid. Thanks to this thread, I was able to order the right offsets and tire sizes.

Wheels are
22x10.5 +30 w/ 265/35/22
22x11.5 +30 w/ 315/30/22

No rubbing so far, the wheels sit flush with a bit of poke. Enough clearance to the suspension components.

Had factory 20s earlier; the ride is more harsh given the tire sidewalls sizes, but handling is greatly improved: the car just goes where you point it w/o any drama. Still breaking in the tires, but I can already sense how much more stable the car is in high-speed maneuvers and turns, for obvious reasons (less tire flex due to the lower profile tires on really wide wheels). Also note that I have the UP rear sway bar at full stiff.

Will update this thread with driving impressions when I push it in a few days. And, yeah, love the look obviously. The photos also don't do enough justice for how massive the rotors and calipers are.

Enjoy the photos.

View attachment 910186View attachment 910187View attachment 910188View attachment 910189View attachment 910192View attachment 910197View attachment 910199View attachment 910200View attachment 910201
Looks great!!! What'd this wheel and tire package cost you? Who makes the wheels?

Thanks. I had pointed out earlier in the thread, the wheels are made by Jova wheels. Costed me $1800 w/shipping from China. They can design pretty much any wheel I guess.

They are a replica of the Cayenne Turbo GT wheels - the design of which Porsche seems to use on many of their cars like the 991 GT3, 718 Spyder, 718 Cayman GT4, Macan GTS?, etc. Seems like a popular design.

They did a great job. But it takes about 2 months to get here. They do a good job keeping you in the loop.

Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

Reactions: m5james
Thanks. I had pointed out earlier in the thread, the wheels are made by Jova wheels. Costed me $1800 w/shipping from China. They can design pretty much any wheel I guess.

They are a replica of the Cayenne Turbo GT wheels - the design of which Porsche seems to use on many of their cars like the 991 GT3, 718 Spyder, 718 Cayman GT4, Macan GTS?, etc. Seems like a popular design.

They did a great job. But it takes about 2 months to get here. They do a good job keeping you in the loop.

I was about to order from them to but was wondering if it was fully forged.
How light is the wheels and quality?

TIA

Reactions: m5james

That’s not bad! I’d bet the tires cost as much as the wheels. LOL

That’s not bad! I’d bet the tires cost as much as the wheels. LOL
Haha; yep; the Michelin 4S tires were $2,562 shipped from Tirerack ;). But, not many options in those sizes, and they are good handling tires with decent tread-wear mileage. I also really like the sidewall design.

Couple more photos in different angles to see how the flush, wide fitment bring those wide hips to light. All teslas have wide hips, but the design of the X kind of accentuates that property well.

IMG_9292.jpg

IMG_9291.jpg

Haha; yep; the Michelin 4S tires were $2,562 shipped from Tirerack ;). But, not many options in those sizes, and they are good handling tires with decent tread-wear mileage. I also really like the sidewall design.

Couple more photos in different angles to see how the flush, wide fitment bring those wide hips to light. All teslas have wide hips, but the design of the X kind of accentuates that property well.

View attachment 910771
View attachment 910770
perfect offset, not too aggressive !!!

Reactions: kriRanX

View attachment 910771
View attachment 910770
Did they have a meaningful impact on your range? My S I would run arachnids in the summer, and 19’s with snow tires in the winter. The arachnids were light weight and I never noticed a meaningful impact on range. On the X, I went with the default 20’s and figure when it’s time for tires I’ll put snow tires on these and buy something similar to what you did. I am really enjoying the massive range of this vehicle though, and so I’m curious how that’s been impacted with these forged wheels in particular.

Wheels are
22x10.5 +30 w/ 265/35/22
22x11.5 +30 w/ 315/30/22

Enjoy the photos.

View attachment 910186View attachment 910187View attachment 910188View attachment 910189View attachment 910192View attachment 910197View attachment 910199View attachment 910200View attachment 910201
Nice choice my man. Those wheels are enhancing. Out of curiosity, did you pursue/consider the 22 - '22 inch factory wheels?