Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Show Off Your Aftermarket Model Y Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,
Just ordered a set of Titan7 T-S5's (20"x10" ET40). They said conical lugs are required. Aren't the factory lugs conical already? Can anyone confirm? Yes, I'm being lazy and don't want to pull a lug just to check. :)

On a similar note, any recommendations for a wheel lock set?

Hey All,
Just ordered a set of Titan7 T-S5's (20"x10" ET40). They said conical lugs are required. Aren't the factory lugs conical already? Can anyone confirm? Yes, I'm being lazy and don't want to pull a lug just to check. :)

Maybe what they meant to say that they recommend a thinner tuner style lug nut. The factory lug nuts are the conical style (also called acorn or tapered) but are fairly fat. Many aftermarket wheels use a smaller opening for the lug nuts requiring the tuner style.

Hey All,

Yes, factory is conical already.

How did you come to that sizing? Take the rear wheels from the Model 3 stagggered set and made a full?

Are you looking for anything fancy for lug nuts? We have a variety of options including lock and non-locking.

The Kics Monolith T1/07 has been quite popular because all the lug nuts are uniform using an inverted Bull Lock Tuskey design.

Everything we carry is compatible with 14x1.5 thread pitch our cars uses.

Danny

Yes, factory is conical already.

How did you come to that sizing? Take the rear wheels from the Model 3 stagggered set and made a full?

Are you looking for anything fancy for lug nuts? We have a variety of options including lock and non-locking.

The Kics Monolith T1/07 has been quite popular because all the lug nuts are uniform using an inverted Bull Lock Tuskey design.

Everything we carry is compatible with 14x1.5 thread pitch our cars uses.

Danny
Thanks for the reply and suggestion - I'll take a look.

In regards to the size, I wanted the Techna Bronze finish so the only option was to build a full non-staggered set of the 20"x10" rears from the Model 3 spec. I'm fine with this since I can run 255's all around. Much lighter than the MYP 21's too, so looking forward to it.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion - I'll take a look.

In regards to the size, I wanted the Techna Bronze finish so the only option was to build a full non-staggered set of the 20"x10" rears from the Model 3 spec. I'm fine with this since I can run 255's all around. Much lighter than the MYP 21's too, so looking forward to it.
No problem.
I'd be interested to see this executed.
I'm a big fan of Techna Bronze as well and wished T7 offered it in more sizing...

Danny

As of this month (May), we have been shipping factory bluetooth sensors with all Model Y wheel & tire packages (WTP). This is outlined in the description of all wheel & tire package listings.

19"
Tesla Model Y 19

20"
Tesla Model Y Aftermarket 20 inch Tesla Wheel and Tire Package

2020 Performance Y

Wheel: T Sportline Flow Forged TST
Color: Space Gray
Size: 20x10" front and rear
Tire: Michelin 255/40-20 All Season 3+ 101Y XL

Accepts: Factory Lug Nuts & Center Caps

View attachment 524191

Attachments

• 20210512_141337.jpg
    20210512_141337.jpg
    701.8 KB · Views: 993
  • 20210512_141412.jpg
    20210512_141412.jpg
    719.3 KB · Views: 985
I dont see a lot of folks posting the T-Sportline 21" wheels. I caught them on their last sale and I can say they exceed my expectations. This is one of the few times that T-Sportline went for a more aggressive stance on their wheels and it is appreciated and looks, in the tone of Elon, badass! Still torn on lowering :)

T-Sportline TS5
21x9.5 +30 Front 255/35/21 Pilot Sport 4S
21x10.5 +38 Rear 275/35/21 Pilot Sport 4S
Front: 28.95lb, Rear 30.05lb
Load Rating: 900kg
*Added Specs stamped on the wheel because the website seems incorrect @Tsportline

IMG_7859.jpeg
IMG_7862.jpeg
IMG_7863.jpeg

This look amazing.

How is the ride quality from switching to those rims and tires? I assume performance model?
Coming from the 21” Uberturbines and Pirelli tires, ride quality is about the same but you can definitely feel the lighter wheels in the steering wheel. Also seems the Michelin PS4S have a bit more grip and responsiveness and predictably. This is preliminary since this is only after 35 miles or so and a real review would require a bit more break-in for the tires/wheels.

One more pic for good measure :)
587D5BBF-1D51-4B98-B800-01199E6F3664.jpeg

Reactions: TSportline and N2B8
Coming from the 21” Uberturbines and Pirelli tires, ride quality is about the same but you can definitely feel the lighter wheels in the steering wheel. Also seems the Michelin PS4S have a bit more grip and responsiveness and predictably. This is preliminary since this is only after 35 miles or so and a real review would require a bit more break-in for the tires/wheels.

One more pic for good measure :)
Please also keep us updated with efficiency.

Anybody running 21x10.5 ET25? I was thinking about a really aggressive looking square setup. I am thinking ET30 may be better. Would be curious to know the most aggressive setup on here?

Not sure what sort of tire you'd put on the front (if a 21x10.5+25 even fits without hitting inner suspension).

I've seen an owner on a Model Y FB group run a 20x10+40 front and rear with a 275/40/20 front and a 315/35/20 rear. Looks nice and beefy. Probably kills range with all that rubber on the pavement, but I assume that owner doesn't drive far enough on the daily to care.

Not sure what sort of tire you'd put on the front (if a 21x10.5+25 even fits without hitting inner suspension).

I've seen an owner on a Model Y FB group run a 20x10+40 front and rear with a 275/40/20 front and a 315/35/20 rear. Looks nice and beefy. Probably kills range with all that rubber on the pavement, but I assume that owner doesn't drive far enough on the daily to care.
That’s actually my buddies car. I assume it is a Red Model Y Performance? A +40 is close to the suspension than a +25. +25 offset will poke slightly, but I want something that looks wide and meaty. I was thinking square 275/35/21’s, or 285/35/21’s.