Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your plan is to come in here and advertise your "custom" wheel for sale and NOT list the offset? Good luck with all of that. That's like saying "We worked really hard on getting the best range out of the new Tesla Model S so we're not going to post what that is." 🤣
Yeah...tend to agree. I get the whole "consultation" thing because that is how they will best service potential customers and get the proper fitment. But, this forum is for information and education...there has been allot of people asking about acceptable ranges for the new S. Luckily it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize 35 front and 40 rear is probably the sweet spot, with a few mm either way being ok too.

People will buy wheels for the quality and design, not for fitment since all wheel companies would most likely have the same options for fitment. Hiding the offset like its a secret recipe is just petty LOL. Plus, it'll get leaked regardless when owners post their specs. It is true tho that there are other wheel companies that don't share that info. I had a consultation w unplugged performance and they wouldn't share the offset that they use either :rolleyes:

Last edited:
People will buy wheels for the quality and design, not for fitment since all wheel companies would most likely have the same options for fitment. Hiding the offset like its a secret recipe is just petty LOL. Plus, it'll get leaked regardless when owners post their specs. It is true tho that there are other wheel companies that don't share that info. I had a consultation w unplugged performance and they wouldn't share the offset that they use either :rolleyes:
People don’t buy wheels for fitment? LMFAO! Then just buy oem sized wheels in flow formed then if that’s your thinking. Tesla discloses them. Stop trolling the 99% of others who do care and stop crying about not getting specs. Apparently you approached a few companies for them and got shot down.

Do restaurants hand out their ingredients and recipe on their food?

People don’t buy wheels for fitment? LMFAO! Then just buy oem sized wheels in flow formed then if that’s your thinking. Tesla discloses them. Stop trolling the 99% of others who do care and stop crying about not getting specs. Apparently you approached a few companies for them and got shot down.

Bruh…no sh*t people look for fitment. What I’m saying is if you know what fitment you want, you can get it from any wheel co, if not, have it custom made.

not the same. let me give you a real world example... i look at pictures of a custom wheel on a model S and like the way the wheel is positioned with the fender. but, i don't like the wheels themselves. this happened to me in the case of unplugged. i liked the fitment but hated the wheel style options. if i was provided with some information/education it would have given me a frame of reference. that didnt happen. whatever, no harm no foul. but, when i told the unplugged sales rep that i thought about it and the wheel style was not my preference, they gave me the cold shoulder. **** them. tsportline on the other hand--very helpful and willing to educate. i openly told them after considering that i only wanted forged and their forged styles were not what i was going for. didnt matter--they were still helpful. i'll end up doing a $10K custom interior with them.

Here’s my story w UP, I knew exactly what offset I needed, based on my research and speaking with other members, but they wouldn’t tell me the offset they use. So I’m supposed to drop 10k on a set of wheels not knowing the exact specs? Had they told me, I could decide to go custom or use their recommended specs, maybe even use spacers to dial in the fitment. If I came across two wheel companies both got the available offsets listed, all I need to do then is choose whichever style I like better between them. Fitment wouldn’t be an issue.

Getting proper fitment is a real headache and without help from the forum and other members, I wouldn’t be able to figure out what works. No thanks to these wheels companies.

Here’s my story w UP, I knew exactly what offset I needed, based on my research and speaking with other members, but they wouldn’t tell me the offset they use. So I’m supposed to drop 10k on a set of wheels not knowing the exact specs? Had they told me, I could decide to go custom or use their recommended specs, maybe even use spacers to dial in the fitment. If I came across two wheel companies both got the available offsets listed, all I need to do then is choose whichever style I like better between them. Fitment wouldn’t be an issue.

Getting proper fitment is a real headache and without help from the forum and other members, I wouldn’t be able to figure out what works. No thanks to these wheels companies.
So factually you want free info from these companies R&D and engineering work so you can take it elsewhere to grab the wheel design you want?

Below is a drawing that @SignatureSales did for me so that I knew exactly my concavity and fitment. I doubt other companies will assist on this aspect and you just have to buy on their “conservative” spec with weak concavity and fitment which fits 100% of cars from stock height to lowered. Tire size / stretch / fitment profile is not even accounted into buying off the shelf wheels.

So at the end of the day…if you want real fitment (wheel and tire) I’d go to someone that knows it and that’s all that they do.

Back to the analogy…That’s why steak restaurants exists and they charge what they charge because that’s all they do all day. You’ll always enter knowing you’ll leave happy and completely satisfied.
65DE729B-1E08-428F-ADAE-0213803A827A.jpeg

The wheels are fully custom build and we put a lot of effort into building demos and test fitting to make sure they fit properly for the refresh S,
so we prefer to keep the offset info to ourselves and Signature customer.
All of the high-performance track wheelset companies I deal with share their detailed specs including offset.

This approach to hiding information does not help educate TMC members & the Tesla community at large and will result in fewer customers.

Last edited:
All of the high-performance track wheelset companies I deal with share their detailed specs including offset.

This approach to hiding information does not help educate TMC members & the Tesla community at large and will result in fewer customers.

We'll be more than happy to give out our specs once a deposit commitment has been made, everything can be adjusted during our fitting process.

Reactions: Laddcruzer

Than why don't you educate us? Go buy youself some wheel, post your width/offset and stop crying here.

All I know is that Signature are the only one here posting perfect fitment on the new Model S Plaid here, you guys are just jealous that they got the perfect fitment and you don't.

Than why don't you educate us? Go buy youself some wheel, post your width/offset and stop crying here.

All I know is that Signature are the only one here posting perfect fitment on the new Model S Plaid here, you guys are just jealous that they got the perfect fitment and you don't.
Not sure what you mean, as perfect fitment is individual. But, really what would be helpful is to understand parameters. For example, what are safe ranges for no rubbing. Keep specific fitments proprietary by all means. And, by the way, those deep concaves done on some of the wheels I've seen could not be worse for aerodynamics and range.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911
Not sure what you mean, as perfect fitment is individual. And, by the way, those deep concaves done on some of the wheels I've seen could not be worse for aerodynamics and range.

You nail it yourself. "Perfect Fitment is Individual". Than why even ask for offset lol? Signature show photos + video of exactly how the car will sits with their setup, if that's not enough for you, I don't know what is.

Yeah, the concave are so worse for aerodanamic that even F1 use them. And you really think Plaid owner getting wheels are looking for better range? 😆

57348cd5b65696474caeae3219b65162--magnesium-experience.jpg

Not sure what you mean, as perfect fitment is individual. But, really what would be helpful is to understand parameters. For example, what are safe ranges for no rubbing. Keep specific fitments proprietary by all means. And, by the way, those deep concaves done on some of the wheels I've seen could not be worse for aerodynamics and range.
If education, specs, and photos you are requiring for “parameters”…T-Sportline has plenty. Everything is visible on their website. I’d suggest speaking to them but it seems to me even with all of that info…y’all still want perfect fitment specs for wheel AND tire.

Hence the on and on badgering FOR their specs and it’s super obvious if you think we are daft. Everyone knows Signature isn’t the only forged wheel in the game BUT they do cater their services to this community and out of the thousands of pictures of fitment, finishes, tire combos, sidewall profiles, camber settings, etc for the 3/Y/S they still get it done for each individual on THEIR needs. No one spec suits another person and that’s why they design in 1mm increments.

Tell me another company that does this and has this much experience with our cars.

Reactions: Laddcruzer
To
If education, specs, and photos you are requiring for “parameters”…T-Sportline has plenty. Everything is visible on their website. I’d suggest speaking to them but it seems to me even with all of that info…y’all still want perfect fitment specs for wheel AND tire.

Hence the on and on badgering FOR their specs and it’s super obvious if you think we are daft. Everyone knows Signature isn’t the only forged wheel in the game BUT they do cater their services to this community and out of the thousands of pictures of fitment, finishes, tire combos, sidewall profiles, camber settings, etc for the 3/Y/S they still get it done for each individual on THEIR needs. No one spec suits another person and that’s why they design in 1mm increments.

Tell me another company that does this and has this much experience with our cars.
To be clear, I'm not knocking Signature. My point is on this new car it would be helpful to have a range of acceptable (safe) offsets for reference.

Reactions: FlatSix911
You nail it yourself. "Perfect Fitment is Individual". Than why even ask for offset lol? Signature show photos + video of exactly how the car will sits with their setup, if that's not enough for you, I don't know what is.

Yeah, the concave are so worse for aerodanamic that even F1 use them. And you really think Plaid owner getting wheels are looking for better range? 😆

View attachment 717938
Yeah, the range thing I'll admit was a stretch ;) I could give two craps

Haven't had any good weather to take any pics, but this is what the car looks like now. I liked the rims when the car wasn't chrome deleted, but it's time for something new next spring... ;)

h3Qh6f9.jpg
Very nice. I ended up ordering 20" Pur9 Wheels in black gloss anthracite/machined face. Hoping to set off the wheels from blue car with no chrome.

Attachments

• PURb.jpg
    PURb.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: VegarHenriksen