Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aggmeister201we have noticed after lowering a Model S, the rubbing may go away as the we've noticed the rubbing is only on the front surface (closest to the front bumper) of the front inner fender liner (and only rubs at certain angles). Offset, wheel width and tire size/brand also plays factors in the rubbing.

We identified rubbing using a 21x9.0+30 on a factory Michelin 245/35-21. When we backed the offset down to a +35, and lowered an S on the same tire, we noticed no rubbing. Keep in mind not tires of the same size are equal in dimension (some are rounder and some are square on the edges).

Yep, that sounds right. Factory 21" Turbine offset is +40, right? I had 20mm spacers on mine to make them more flush with the fenders, and that caused rub in the front. I let out some pressure in the tires and that helped a bit. I'm sure once the tread wears off a bit, that'll help more. But as a more permanent fix, I plan to have the caster adjusted slightly to give me more space in the front. I know this will make the right a little 'softer,' but I'm not carving corners in my car so that doesn't really matter to me.

20190127_174825.jpg

Rial Lugano 19-inch with Michelin X-Ice 3 245/45 tires

Last edited:
tesla4-jpg.189194

Front is ET30 9" width with 245/35-21. Rear is ET38 10.5" 285/30-21 tires. The front tires does only rub a little in reverse when turning the wheel much. But the stock 21" did that to on my car too.

Out of curiosity, would 9.5" width wheels fit in the front without major rubbing? If so, what offset?

The VFS1's look super awesome, especially with a deep profile - and it looks like in 9.5" from -10 to +35, they're available in deep profile to match the deep rears.