Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show Us Your Tents!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Austin, Texas line of 3 got shut down by the outdoor mall security at 7:45PM. :mad: Before that, lots of people walking by kept asking if we were in line for the Model 3. It was fun and exciting, and the Tesla employees were quite welcoming while we were there.

I'm really quite disgusted that my state representatives are so against Tesla/electric vehicles, and live by a massive commercial development against the freedom of standing in line to buying a $35,000+ product. (They threatened to call the police on us!)

Austin folks, don't get your hopes up for jumping in line before 8AM, unfortunately.

xQ1v5e2.jpg

Hopefully we'll have exciting pictures in the morning! I did talk to a number of people in person who were planning to get in line in the morning.

Reactions: LilWanFu
Austin, Texas line of 3 got shut down by the outdoor mall security at 7:45PM. :mad: Before that, lots of people walking by kept asking if we were in line for the Model 3. It was fun and exciting, and the Tesla employees were quite welcoming while we were there.

I'm really quite disgusted that my state representatives are so against Tesla/electric vehicles, and live by a massive commercial development against the freedom of standing in line to buying a $35,000+ product. (They threatened to call the police on us!)

Austin folks, don't get your hopes up for jumping in line before 8AM, unfortunately.

xQ1v5e2.jpg

Hopefully we'll have exciting pictures in the morning! I did talk to a number of people in person who were planning to get in line in the morning.
Great update. So even the general public at mall knows about Model 3??

Please do! I'd love to see the line in Shanghai. :)
There is a drizzle this morning in Shanghai. I came to the shop in Pudong Dist at about 9:00am local time. it's already opening, I believe there no tent camp last night. only around ten customers are waiting for reservation inside.
Salesman gave each one a short note, with a hand wrote sequence number. 10:00am, you are asked to reserve on PC according to the number you have.
This morning, roughly, 20 or 30 people reserved their Model3 in this store.

IMG_0548[1].JPG
IMG_0550[1].JPG
IMG_0549[1].JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great update. So even the general public at mall knows about Model 3??

No, I'd say most of those people who asked if were were in line were already walking in or out of Tesla, so already had some sort of interest and knowledge about Tesla.

Unrelated to your comment, I should add that a sales person from a women's clothing store, Bevello, directly across the street came over to see what the excitement was about. She didn't know about the Model 3. She invited us to come check out her store (of course) and offered up their restrooms for us! I thought this was quite generous since the only public restrooms were a bit of a hike away and not particularly pleasant to use.

Reactions: ggnykk
I didn't think I'd be first since I didn't pull an all nighter, so #8 in Raleigh, NC will have to do. My fellow line mates are asleep in their cars it appears; I was polite and parked with lights off to let them sleep.

The sales center had a sign on the door directing the line to the back.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Yuri_G
Wow, I didn't think there would actually be lines the night before. I live in Los Angeles and was going to go to a store, turns out I took a last minute trip for business to Milan. Was able to pop into the store and reserve in local time, 9 hours ahead of my fellow west coast residents. Store opened at 10, I arrived at 10:10, 6 people in front of me. Reserved at 10:20. Email confirmation at 10:25. Sales rep had to check with another guy since it was for delivery in USA but they OK'd it.

Still amazed there are lines the night before. Crazy!

Were you shown a picture of the car and given new details when signing the reservation?

No pictures or anything. They used a tablet to access the reservation site and put in my details and credit card info. Hit submit, it just said confirmed. I got the email a few minutes later with a link to create password, created my password, and now it shows my reservation number when I log into the website. The guys really had no new info, they're just taking reservations on the tablet as the line moves through.

No pictures or anything. They used a tablet to access the reservation site and put in my details and credit card info. Hit submit, it just said confirmed. I got the email a few minutes later with a link to create password, created my password, and now it shows my reservation number when I log into the website. The guys really had no new info, they're just taking reservations on the tablet as the line moves through.

Wow, they really keep up the tension for tonight.

Washington Square Mall (Portland). Security is not letting anyone on the premises until 6am. Not even in the parking lot in your own car. Ken got here at 1:15am (ish). I arrived at 2:30. Before we got chased off. We left our chairs at the stantions (hopefully they'll still be there when we get back). This is going to get tricky as 6am nears. Security is buzzing the lot every 15 minutes. :-/

For anyone else in the area, we're parked in the nearby Red Robin lot until then.

image.jpeg