Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sick of Service issues no new buyers can anticipate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

monster3

Jun 5, 2018
USA
Bought Model 3 but never really drove it. had to return to service due to crack in glass and noises (click-clack underneath and charge port clicking nonstop).

Car paid in full to Tesla via financing and unable to drive for many weeks now -

- returned next day of pickup with noises.. Tesla took one week and said "charge port will continue to make noises, that is normal". How is a clicking charge port normal - Leaf does not have it (the point is, its not normal)..

- picked up car and a crack developed on the glass roof in 2 days. Returned immediately and they took ~ 3 weeks to replace glass for free, provided a gasoline loaner.

- picked up car and driver seat was not heating up despite turning it on all the way (3 bars) on screen. couple of days and fixed.

- picked up car and I saw a scratch on the fender where one of the cameras is while the guy was still talking to me. Showed him the scratch and he promised to get it fixed. He also offered freebies to my account but when I called later, they were not added (small things like car cover, Tesla tshirt he said).
- still not added after a month of this after promise again when we picked up.. it took more than 1 week.

- a few days pass while we drove and screen started to act up as if we are touching it.. problem is, since almost everything is controlled by it, suddenly the fan speed will go up or viper will start.. :D

It has been really long car is with them... is not fixed. They are still "investigating" it... OUCH...

Car has been with them forever it feels, and we are making loan payments on time. When I drove, I felt it was good car - or so from whatever I can recall..! :(

What should I do?

someone showed me how to inform executives on Tesla account but nothing has happened for a month i did that.

Bought Model 3 but never really drove it. had to return to service due to crack in glass and noises (click-clack underneath and charge port clicking nonstop).

Car paid in full to Tesla via financing and unable to drive for many weeks now -

- returned next day of pickup with noises.. Tesla took one week and said "charge port will continue to make noises, that is normal". How is a clicking charge port normal - Leaf does not have it (the point is, its not normal)..

- picked up car and a crack developed on the glass roof in 2 days. Returned immediately and they took ~ 3 weeks to replace glass for free, provided a gasoline loaner.

- picked up car and driver seat was not heating up despite turning it on all the way (3 bars) on screen. couple of days and fixed.

- picked up car and I saw a scratch on the fender where one of the cameras is while the guy was still talking to me. Showed him the scratch and he promised to get it fixed. He also offered freebies to my account but when I called later, they were not added (small things like car cover, Tesla tshirt he said).
- still not added after a month of this after promise again when we picked up.. it took more than 1 week.

- a few days pass while we drove and screen started to act up as if we are touching it.. problem is, since almost everything is controlled by it, suddenly the fan speed will go up or viper will start.. :D

It has been really long car is with them... is not fixed. They are still "investigating" it... OUCH...

Car has been with them forever it feels, and we are making loan payments on time. When I drove, I felt it was good car - or so from whatever I can recall..! :(

What should I do?

someone showed me how to inform executives on Tesla account but nothing has happened for a month i did that.
Wow sorry to hear this. Do you mind telling us what the last 6 digits of your VIN is? I"m just curious how early in the production your car is.

Sounds like a super early VIN car... Sorry to hear about the trouble :( everything that has been listed has been addressed in later builds from what I've read about here. My own car (a sample size of one) has been great for the past 3000+ miles... I have VIN #175xx.

Sounds like a super early VIN car... Sorry to hear about the trouble :( everything that has been listed has been addressed in later builds from what I've read about here. My own car (a sample size of one) has been great for the past 3000+ miles... I have VIN #175xx.

He doesn’t appear to be a current owner so hard to see how he has an early reservation unless someone else hooked him up with their reservation.

If it is over 30 days, see if you are eligible for lemon law.

What should I do?

Chill Dude. If you are not a FUDster and a real dude, then simply cozy up to the folks at service, and be thankful you havre a next level car. They'll fix it, in the mean time, trying be grateful for your problems.... there are starving children in China that would love to eat your Tesla. If you have any more problems and I will call you a wahhhhh-mbulance. Best of luck.

monster3-

Take it from me investigate your state's lemon laws. I once bought a first year production model car and had a number of issues early in the first year of ownership. I don't think the vehicle would have qualified for replacement but I should have inquired. Despite that experience, I am back to buying another first model year car...Elon, please do not make me feel like an idiot. Despite the issues, I liked the car and my wife still lovingly talks about it.

I'm surprised that Honda and Toyota are rated as low as they are in that list. The Model 3 is my second Tesla (The Roadster is for sale now since I don't need two electric cars) and each has been my favorite car ever. But TBH this is based on more than just reliability: Both my '89 Civic and my '04 Prius were more reliable. But I hate gasoline, so I loved even my crappy little Zap Xebra. The Teslas are both a joy to drive, in terms of handling, torque, and the general "clean" feeling of driving electric. In addition the Model 3 is the most comfortable car I've ever driven.

So for satisfaction, both my Teslas are top of the top, in spite of their not being as reliable as the Honda or the Toyota.

To the OP, sounds like you got a lemon. It will be no consolation to you that every auto maker turns out the occasional lemon. In your position I'd ask Tesla to replace the car.

Reactions: C141medic
Chill Dude. If you are not a FUDster and a real dude, then simply cozy up to the folks at service, and be thankful you havre a next level car. They'll fix it, in the mean time, trying be grateful for your problems.... there are starving children in China that would love to eat your Tesla. If you have any more problems and I will call you a wahhhhh-mbulance. Best of luck.

People like you are the reason Tesla owners get a bad reputation.