Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature #1 delivered today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in the Santa Cruz area, or willing to travel, who is desperate to see a Model X. I'd be willing to show Sig #1 and talk about my experiences to any group of five or more (unrelated) people. I could also be bribed with beer and pizza.

Thats an incredibly generous offer adelman (and I'm surprised people aren't already jumping at the opportunity). Can't say I'm up for organizing it, but would definitely be interested in going if the logistics work out on my end and would be more than happy to chip in to a pizza/beer fund.

Anyone in the Santa Cruz area, or willing to travel, who is desperate to see a Model X. I'd be willing to show Sig #1 and talk about my experiences to any group of five or more (unrelated) people. I could also be bribed with beer and pizza.
Super generous. Thank you for being so willing to be an ambassador for Tesla. I wish Santa Cruz was a little more convenient for me.
I'm hoping for Lyon to get his, soon :)

That is very generous. I like how you said 'unrelated'. I had visions of one of those VW advertisements with you driving a family around to various shopping locations. :wink:

I wish I still lived close by. I would love to hang out with you and your Model X over beer and pizza. I think I used to go to a pizza joint at the bottom of Swift St. I wonder if it is still there. Anyway, good for you for sharing your experience with the community.

I heard a few complains about center 2nd row seat blocked most of the rear views. How is your opinion on that? I still have a couple days to finalize my configuration. Thanks.

I have the six seat interior and don't notice any such blocking. The headrests from the rear row definitely block. The rear window
is small and tinted; it is almost impossible to see anything through it even if the path to the window is clear.

I have the six seat interior and don't notice any such blocking. The headrests from the rear row definitely block. The rear window
is small and tinted; it is almost impossible to see anything through it even if the path to the window is clear.
I agree with Ken. If you love looking out the back window, you might want to wait until you can drive Model X. Even at night, the lights from the car behind may be under the rear glass while in city traffic. If you need a good look behind you, don't forget the rear camera display on the touch screen. It seems similar to Model S.

Sorry for being obtuse. I mean the navigation map and the rear camera at the same time.
Yes of course, just like in the S, you can have the rear camera image shown in the top of bottom half of the center screen and the nav map shown in the top or bottom half.
The navigation camera never appears on the display that I am aware of. What instruction have I missed?
I just checked and I don't see any button or method of selection on the screen.
Place a finger on one of the app icons in the row near the top of the center display. If you hold your finger on an icon for half a second two little squares will appear just below your finger. Drag your finger into one of the squares and take your finger off the screen to see what happens. In a few seconds of playing around you will understand how this part of the interface works.
I thought new owners were always shown this during their orientation to the car at delivery. If you were not shown this, your DS really screwed up.