Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silicone Tesla Ring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never seen a silicone one, but that would be pretty cool.. Rings never fit me well due to small knuckles.. plus I just don't like the way they feel.. a wedding ring is the extent i go.. but a silicone one might be ok. That said I do have my Smart Watch that can do everything, remote start included... but still, a silicone ring might be a cool option too.

trying to avoid ring injuries...l
I know this is an old thread, but I've been considering the Tesla key rings lately. The potential for injury is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but a silicone version would sell me on it. I used to be an aircraft mechanic, and saw too many pictures of people's fingers that were ripped off because they were wearing a wedding ring while working. I hadn't even thought of making a ring out of tear-away material like silicone, but I think it's a great idea.

I know this is an old thread, but I've been considering the Tesla key rings lately. The potential for injury is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but a silicone version would sell me on it. I used to be an aircraft mechanic, and saw too many pictures of people's fingers that were ripped off because they were wearing a wedding ring while working. I hadn't even thought of making a ring out of tear-away material like silicone, but I think it's a great idea.

They have them but just not with a Tesla key in them. I ended up just getting an Apple Watch and I can unlock the car with an app as long as the servers don’t crash….

Reactions: Baluchi
Silicone ring wearer here. A potential issue with silicone rings is that you need to replace them fairly often. They ALL (super cheap ones and expensive ones) wear down slowly and start getting thin and then crack/break. Thats why I never spend more than $5 a ring (any higher and you are just paying for marketing...they all wear down. ). So a special silicone ring with a chip in it is going to be expensive...and you'll have to be replacing it often.

Silicone ring wearer here. A potential issue with silicone rings is that you need to replace them fairly often. They ALL (super cheap ones and expensive ones) wear down slowly and start getting thin and then crack/break. Thats why I never spend more than $5 a ring (any higher and you are just paying for marketing...they all wear down. ). So a special silicone ring with a chip in it is going to be expensive...and you'll have to be replacing it often.
Agree, don't think its possible, and if it is wont last long. They have to somehow get the chip and antenna inside the ring. Eventually you'd have pieces hanging out of the ring after it wore down.

Yea that is a bitch. I have spend like 200 on them already and I’ve only been wearing them for a year. I could get the cheap ones but I like the way the Enso ones look.

I was thinking about making my own but with the way the break and also I was thinking the antenna wire wrapped around my finger might defeat the purpose of the silicone ring.. so I have the antenna and chip from the car floating around some where now, maybe I will try to stick it into my iwatches band…

Sounds like a problem waiting for a fix, an untapped market, if somebody can make something unisex. I once had a silicone wrist band with a USB thumb drive inside it. You unplug the cap to open and remove the wrist band. Just need a version where you replace the USB with the RFID disc like you see in these bracelets.