Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silverado EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I like how now Cybertruck fans are now saying “But But 450 miles” and “make sure you tow…..”

Aren’t they the ones who claimed the Cybertruck would be a “Towing Monster….” “500 miles of range….” Hahaha

Whatever the Silverado does doesn’t matter, they hardly have any Silverado EV Fans.

Seems bogus as you don't even know the type of driving. No info. Just some person saying what they saw on a range estimating screen based on the what? Last X miles of driving, "rated" range. All unclear. Nead real test like Kyle does to have any meaning at all.

t5MgiBh.jpg

Are you suggesting this data is all real? Or projected?
EPA and usable kWh lets you do calculations. Spent a fair amount of time on some of it.
Lets you compare 'apples to apples'. In theory, you can hit them doing "EPA" speeds and conditions.
Similarly, I've used the MotorMatchUp data that does modeling to see all the Cybertruck data at various speeds and all the trim levels.

EPA and usable kWh lets you do calculations. Spent a fair amount of time on some of it.
Lets you compare 'apples to apples'. In theory, you can hit them doing "EPA" speeds and conditions.
Similarly, I've used the MotorMatchUp data that does modeling to see all the Cybertruck data at various speeds and all the trim levels.
Range Extender data? More weight means less range so you have to add increasingly more batteries to maintain a linear range increase. Most efficient teslas are rwd with smaller battery packs. I don’t buy that the RE CT will only have a 6wh/mile efficiency hit.

Last edited:
Range Extender data? More weight means less range so you have to add increasingly more batteries to maintain a linear range increase. Most efficient teslas are rwd with smaller battery packs. I don’t buy that the RE CT will only have a 6wh/mile efficiency hit.
Weight is not that big of factor once you are at speed. Kyle has proved this as have many others.
Example: How Does Payload Affect Range? We Max Out Our Rivian R1T's Carrying Capacity To Find Out! [link]

ASIDE: Cybertruck range for different trims.
Re: Similarly, I've used the MotorMatchUp data that does modeling to see all the Cybertruck data at various speeds and all the trim levels.

P1x2vN7.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mrbrock
The Driver stated the range read 365 miles and the Truck was at full charge.
What does that mean on the Chevrolet displays? My Chevrolet Volt used a GOM Guess-O-Meter which was based on the last XX miles of driving. What does the Silverado display? Tesla uses a calculated rated miles I think.

My notes:
More 'realistic' range: 'rated' in USA & 'typical' in non-USA
'Constant value' range: 'ideal' in USA & 'rated' in non-USA

What does that mean on the Chevrolet displays? My Chevrolet Volt used a GOM Guess-O-Meter which was based on the last XX miles of driving. What does the Silverado display? Tesla uses a calculated rated miles I think.

My notes:
More 'realistic' range: 'rated' in USA & 'typical' in non-USA
'Constant value' range: 'ideal' in USA & 'rated' in non-USA
Yes for the battery meter Tesla uses EPA rated range. You have to use the energy app to get estimated range based on current driving. In my teslas I keep the battery set to % as the miles are useless.

Reactions: gtae07 and DanDi58
The Silverado EV doesn't make any sense. The thing weighs around 8K and only has a payload of between 1300 and 1400lbs. It weighs just as much or in some cases more than a Crew Cab Dually Pickup. The fully loaded version will most likely weigh even more.
Why does that matter in the real world? That payload can easily support the tow rating.

All EVs are heavy. My model 3 weights ~20% more then comparable ICEs. My model 3 is more line with s class 7 series.

The 3WT, according to what I read is sub 400 miles. We've already seen tests on the 4WT being 450 miles, so I don't think this single vehicle is short. I am surprised that 400 Silverados have been delivered.
3WT from the CT forum

Sjohnson20
This is after 50 miles of driving in LA traffic. Also, this is what it says inside the door.

3WT - Just drove the Silverado EV (Hertz rental) _ Page 2 _ Tesla Cybertruck Forum - News, Dis...jpg

<snip>
DMC-81
This is what the QR code returns:

1GC10UED5RU200482,2024,CT35843,10,23,02,CMBB4J, AR9 AXK AYH A2S A7E CJ2 C5F DEH DLF D31 EF7 EN0 E63 FE2 FJP F46 GAZ H9F JSV J24 KWP MAH MF1 NF6 N5V QWJ RIP SG8 UL5 UQF URO U2K V8D WMY XRJ X88 YF5 ZBD 3WT 4NK 6AM 7AM 8AM 9AM,8624,

Looks like it is a 3WT .
BayouCityBob
Vin confirms it’s a 3WT epa rated at 393 miles.

1GC10UED5RU200482 - 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV : Decode This VIN Decoder
c8jIBPN.jpg

C8RqACc.jpg

Reactions: fhteagle
The Silverado EV doesn't make any sense. The thing weighs around 8K and only has a payload of between 1300 and 1400lbs. It weighs just as much or in some cases more than a Crew Cab Dually Pickup. The fully loaded version will most likely weigh even more.

I don't think ev PU trucks make sense for anything but sport trucks and being used locally.

If they haul (tow) much weight a hybrid or diesel makes sense. EV Cars yes, trucks towing heavy long distance... No.

Reactions: Nack and Suns_PSD