Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Simplified Roadster Lift Adapters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great work on these, @titaniumdave! Before taking the plunge, I'd appreciate it if you could pls provide photos of them in action with a Roadster mounted atop the lift and the whole rig in the air so I can show the jacking/attaching points and visuals to my local tire shop to see if they would be comfortable using them; particularly for alignment work.

I have shipped 4 set out, perhaps one of the owners can post a pic. I don't own a Roadster, just a meager Elise which lacks the Roadster frame holes. These parts were made following CAD file from this thread, only 2 changes, hardened steel pins for locating on the frame and tapered bolt attachments so they are solidly attached to the lift arms and fit different size lift arm holes.

I have shipped 4 set out, perhaps one of the owners can post a pic. I don't own a Roadster, just a meager Elise which lacks the Roadster frame holes. These parts were made following CAD file from this thread, only 2 changes, hardened steel pins for locating on the frame and tapered bolt attachments so they are solidly attached to the lift arms and fit different size lift arm holes.

I got mine last weekend -- thank you Dave!!

I can take a picture next time I'm at a shop - bit will likely be a while, I just got a new set of tires a couple months ago and the roadster is at the SC for annual right now. And my home lift is still way down on the list

From first post on this thread:
"I've put together an experimental design for a simplified adapter. The original adapter had this spring and lock mechanism, which is supposed to help you guide the locating pin into the chassis. From what I've heard it's not all that helpful. Instead, the procedure for the modified adapter is to lift the rear of the car slightly using a shop jack, line things up, and gently bring the car down on top the adapters, carefully re-checking the alignment as you gradually lower it."

No, you can use a standard jack in the lifting points indicated, in a 2 poster ramp I would want them to use the adaptors, however I insist on anyone working on my car they use a 4 poster lift with enclosed pictures of the lotus sitting on its ass after sliding off. That usually gets their attention and ensures the correct lift procedures. I have only needed that for a tire change in rapid city SD and a safety on Ontario, I found a place both times that were accomidating.

Just wondering if anyone knows if these are a possibility for Roadster: MWR Lift Point Kit - Lotus Elise/Exige/2-eleven

Fits 2005+ Lotus Elise - I know Roadster is based on the Elise, but not sure which year.

BTW, this is not a slight against titaniumdave at all - I have his 2-piece rotor set on my car and I LOVE them! They are built extremely well and I'm sure that his lift adapters are also super high quality. I was just thinking that a bolt-on kit to enable 4-post lifting would be simpler if you take your car to different places for tire swaps, etc.

PS: I have sent the company a request to see if they know if it fits.

Last edited:
I thought the adapters were only necessary for two-post lifts.

The type of lift doesn't matter. To be accurate, I should have said "4-point lifting", not "4-post lifting."

Since the center of gravity of the car is actually behind the rear lift points, when you lift the entire car so that all 4 wheels leave the ground, the car's weight being behind the rear lift points causes the car to tilt backwards and fall of the lift with catastrophic consequences. It doesn't matter if you use a 2-post lift or even 4 portable jacks.

What the "Lift Adapters" do is enable you to position the two rear points behind the rear wheels (Marked as "1" in the diagram in the first post in this thread) so that the center of gravity is now between the front and (new) rear lift points, which is stable. There's a post upthread here showing that you could actually lift from the rear suspension, which again is stable, but it's a bit dicey positioning the jack pads just so. And remember, you're also using the two front lift points for all such entire car lifting.

This doesn't matter if you're lifting just one side of the car, as the other side has both wheels on the ground.

Reactions: titaniumdave