Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Single click/knock noise when accelerating or slowing to a stop - MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove with a Tesla technician and he understood right away and noted the mileage of my car so that they can report back to the mothership. They commented in the Service Request : "Removed, cleaned, and lubricated all 4 halfshafts at the hub. Replaced and Torqued halfshaft nuts."

I had this issue addressed (and hopefully permanently fixed 🤞) at a service center yesterday on my Model 3 LR-RWD, out of warranty.

The process started with me driving around the parking lot with the tech in the passenger seat trying to replicate the noise. After that it was about a half hour for the tech to finish working on the car he was already working on, and then about an hour to complete the fix on my car. So I just waited while the work was done.

The cost came to $230.

View attachment 951782
Sounds like my click is back less than 3 months after paying Tesla to “fix” it. 🙄

It should be 100% covered as it's a mechanical issue. I would try another service center, or put up a big stink about it. It's completely unacceptable.
I called another service center and they just looked up my ticket and confirmed and repeated everything the sc that charged me said.

I got my car back today and they forgot to reinstall my frunk.. So now I have no frunk. Mobile tech is coming out to remedy.

Really happy I paid for this service. /s

• Love
Reactions: voom500