Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM icons didn't update with Sirius channel changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue here. Icons are not updating. In addition, I'm noticing a wide swath of SiriusXM channels not displayed in the Tesla UI. Unclear how to reach these "missing channels" because you can't navigate to them in the UI native to the Model S.
I noticed the Holiday channels have not updated to the Holiday icons too.

I have gotten to missing channels by hitting the forward or backward button next to play and going through each channel one by one and then selecting favorites.

Coming from a BMW 5 Series, I can’t believe how bad Tesla’s infotainment system is. I thought they were more of a tech company. So far, I have noticed that album art is extremely small on a massive screen with no way to make it larger (at least what I tried), no album art on FM HD stations, no way to combine favorites from XM/FM, etc…. You have recents channels, but Tesla should have one place for all of your combined favorites. The whole thing is clunky and I think dangerous, as you have to take your eyes of the road to do anything, unless you use self driving. Needs to be much more streamlined.

Also - no Apple Music is a huge miss too. I would guess most people have iPhones, so not sure how Tesla can’t have Apple Music. I know I can use my phone, but just another thing to pick up and distract your from the road.

SiriusXM channels missing and miss labeled. Channel 40 is really channel 6 etc. Refresh, resets not helping. XM tech says it‘s a known issue with Tesla. Tesla tech says it’s SiriusXM problem. Anyone have any luck with a service ticket with Tesla?

If it were an XM issue, other cars would be having this problem and it would be fixed. They aren't. Tesla has had major coding problems with SiriusXM for at least a year. If they would put up a SiriusXM page on the web so Tesla users could provide feedback, tesla would be overwhelmed. I figure not many owners who can provide feedback on the issues are important, so they probably don't even know of the issues. Tesla has no "problem reporting" feedback loop for any problems that I am aware of, and frankly, they probably don't care and don't want to know. I am sure the service folks don't want to know. See if you can find a workaround to listen to the channels you want and put them in Favorites, even if they are labeled incorrectly. My 2020 doesn't even show channel numbers anymore, so I wouldn't know if channel 40 is really channel 6.

I just can’t believe what a mess SiriusXM is on Tesla. Have never seen it a mess with any car, BMW, Mercedes, Fords, Lincolns, etc…. Station Channels mislabeled, missing channels (which can be found, but hard to do), trying to save favorites that somehow disappear, etc...

As a first time Tesla customer with a refresh Model S, I am not impressed so far with the car/company. I don’t get how it can be a $95k car, yes it is an advanced EV, but after that what makes it that expensive?

Reactions: CaptUAL
When I got my car last June, you could directly enter a channel number to tune a channel, and the numbers of the channels were displayed on the icons. Of course it was hard to view Favorite Icons. I guess those were the days. :) With each update, features that used to work break, and new features come and go. Tesla updates are like early Microsoft Windows updates. Luck of the draw. No change control, or testing of new updates.

SiriusXM channels missing and miss labeled. Channel 40 is really channel 6 etc. Refresh, resets not helping. XM tech says it‘s a known issue with Tesla. Tesla tech says it’s SiriusXM problem. Anyone have any luck with a service ticket with Tesla?
I scheduled a service to address this issue and Tesla cancelled it- said it was a Sirius problem. After many radio refreshes, the problem continues

Thanks, yes, Sirius sent an update to refresh, have tried multiple times with no luck. Installed latest Tesla update today, still no luck. Guess next stop is opening a ticket with Tesla. Can't believe I am only Model S to have this issue.
You're not the only Tesla S with this issue. I have a new Model S and not able to install Sirius. Had to have Tesla service find my Sirius ID but still can not activate service. After several hrs on the phone with Sirius (I think all of there agents are in the Philippines) was told by Sirius it's a Tesla issue. Not great service for a $90,000 car.

You're not the only Tesla S with this issue. I have a new Model S and not able to install Sirius. Had to have Tesla service find my Sirius ID but still can not activate service. After several hrs on the phone with Sirius (I think all of there agents are in the Philippines) was told by Sirius it's a Tesla issue. Not great service for a $90,000 car.

I don’t understand why the station logos are not refreshing and why some Sirius stations like the Hallmark Christmas channel can not be saved as a favorite. Album art started showing up on some channels yesterday, so if that can show up, why can’t station logos refresh. For example, Holiday Traditions shows up as Frank Sinatra channel. Annoying.

Agree with the above, but a $95k tech car should not have these issues. Maybe instead of focusing all efforts on beta FSD, spend a little time fixing flaws in the entertainment system, like SiriusXM, favorites for all media together as presents, album art larger, etc, which makes the car experience more enjoyable.

2021 (pre-refresh) Model X. I've had XM issues for a year. The XM icon would disappear from the menu bar and the radio would revert to FM every morning. By later in the day, the icon would reappear. Now I have the misaligned issue that others are reporting above. Service Center says it's a software issue. I'm basically just dealing with it. The little stuff is annoying but it's a fun car to drive. It will probably keep me from getting another one once this lease is up.

Sirius updated their channels on November 3, 2021, but the icons in my 2020 Model S didn't update to reflect the new channels. Worked with Sirius for 2 hours today, no solution. Even cancelled my subscription and reactivated. Can't get some of my favorite channels because they changed. Others having this problem?
I have old icons too but my biggest complaint is the I am now unable to tune to a specific station. Every station appears as a favorite so I cannot add any. I manually hit the right or left button and it goes to the next station pick I cannot
Sirius is having an issue with a recent update. Mine disappeared completely for being able to be selected, even though the last channel selected was still playing. Other times the channel goes to FM with no Sirius anywhere in site. I fixed mine after several reboots, and giving the last update time to gel, which can take days on a Tesla for some reason. I got an update today, and all is well so far with Sirius. My recommendation: reboot, fool with it, and then wait for your next update if it is still messed up. If it isn't working after the next update, open up a ticket with Tesla. They are definitely working on Sirius, and haven't gotten it correct yet. BTW, I assume Sirius sent an update to refresh your radio when you talked with them. If not, also do that.
Yes I have this problem too but what infuriates me is being unable to tune to a specific station. When I hit the backward or forward arrows I can get to the next station but ALL THE STATIONS ARE APPEARING AS FAVORITES so I cannot choose any. If I hit the star to indicate that station is not a favorite, it takes away one of the favorites I had established before this mess happened. I’m so disgusted.

I have old icons too but my biggest complaint is the I am now unable to tune to a specific station. Every station appears as a favorite so I cannot add any. I manually hit the right or left button and it goes to the next station pick I cannot

Yes I have this problem too but what infuriates me is being unable to tune to a specific station. When I hit the backward or forward arrows I can get to the next station but ALL THE STATIONS ARE APPEARING AS FAVORITES so I cannot choose any. If I hit the star to indicate that station is not a favorite, it takes away one of the favorites I had established before this mess happened. I’m so disgusted.
Sounds like you have a user profile problem. Try creating a new user profile. Favorites are stored in the user profile.

Sirius updated their channels on November 3, 2021, but the icons in my 2020 Model S didn't update to reflect the new channels. Worked with Sirius for 2 hours today, no solution. Even cancelled my subscription and reactivated. Can't get some of my favorite channels because they changed. Others having this problem?
It is a Tesla coding problem, and the service folks can't fix it. Can someone tweet Elon?
I will post a tweet at Tesla and Elon tonight. Sometimes public knowledge of a problem shames people into addressing problems.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Sounds like you have a user profile problem. Try creating a new user profile. Favorites are stored in the user profile.
Thanks, yes, Sirius sent an update to refresh, have tried multiple times with no luck. Installed latest Tesla update today, still no luck. Guess next stop is opening a ticket with Tesla. Can't believe I am only Model S to have this issue.
You are definitely not alone. I’m having same problem plus others. It’s not my user profile. It’s not a signal refresh. It’s either Tesla or Sirius software and neither one is accepting responsibility. I am sick of this.

You are definitely not alone. I’m having same problem plus others. It’s not my user profile. It’s not a signal refresh. It’s either Tesla or Sirius software and neither one is accepting responsibility. I am sick of this.
I agree. I am only offering you a possible work around as the favorites are stored in the user profile. Try creating a new one. Keep your old one. If it doesn't work, you have lost nothing.