Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM - Toggling Through Favorites?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after driving my Model X for 4,000 miles it's been great. But one thing REALLY annoys me and I'm not sure if there's an easy fix, hopefully someone can help.

All I want to do is toggle through my favorite preset XM stations from the steering wheel. I've been using the touch screen each time to go back to favorites section and select another station. Shouldn't there be an easy way to do this from the steering wheel without taking my eyes off the road every time I want to change the station?

Hopefully I just missed something and it's 100% user error....that is fixable.

It's not fixable and will never be. There are a lot of posts here re. They just don't care about these small things and this complaint is at bottom of the list. More importantly to them is the driving dynamics and the other "wow" stuff. As I have mentioned... it's a buzz killer for me. I love listening to Sirius and my favorites but they have so botched the interface for all the media that it's hard to believe this ever becomes usable. I wish I could give the car back. I would have bought the Porsche electric.

So after driving my Model X for 4,000 miles it's been great. But one thing REALLY annoys me and I'm not sure if there's an easy fix, hopefully someone can help.

All I want to do is toggle through my favorite preset XM stations from the steering wheel. I've been using the touch screen each time to go back to favorites section and select another station. Shouldn't there be an easy way to do this from the steering wheel without taking my eyes off the road every time I want to change the station?

I have also struggled with this problem, very frustrating! I decided to spend a moment or two trying out the Slacker music app that came with the car. I am amazed at how flexible and simple it is to use. You can scroll through your favorites, and even skip songs on a channel if you don't want to hear it.
I have not gone back to SXM since I discovered how much better the UI is in Slacker! When my SXM subscription expires, I will not be renewing it. No need!

just FYI if you want to read my situation and previous 'win'. But it seems to be happening again. so... that's just super.

just FYI if you want to read my situation and previous 'win'. But it seems to be happening again. so... that's just super.
Yea.. at this point I don't care. But this is last Tesla. Something so simple that would make so many people happy... to lose people like me who are believers isn't best business practices.

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl