TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Siry Resigns

Discussion in 'News' started by graham, Dec 2, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Cobos

Cobos S60 Owner since 2013 - sold, S85D owner since 2017

COngrats on your new job, we've seen hints on something new coming but I'm glad you've found a new job. Especially considering this economy.

Cobos

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Go green jobs!

3. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Greentech Media: Green Light Blog Archive Orthogonal Vectors

4. graham

graham Active Member

Talent drain causes auto industry concerns - PRWeek US

5. graham

graham Active Member

Interesting...

From dpeilow's link:

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

lol that was the reason? That's hardly a reason to leave the company alone, there has to be more. It's not like Tesla did anything underhanded -- heck the raising of Roadster prices is more questionable than how open Tesla has been about the Model S reservations and the stipulations that go along with it.

7. graham

graham Active Member

The decision to raise Roadster prices probably happened after he left.

8. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

My point is, the quoted reason for his departure is hardly a reason (IMO of course). It would seem there would have to have been more.

Also, did anyone leave over the raising of the Roadster prices?

9. Picasso

Picasso kllkkjlk

I think

I think that is how Darryl justifys why he no longer works at Tesla. But I have seen some other storys about a lawsuit over he said she said bs.

10. siry

siry Member

@Picasso the lawsuits had nothing to do with it. That was just a false story leaked to valleywag, probably by an ex-employee who was angry about how things were handled in Jan 2008. For starters, the status of all those legal proceedings can be seen on the San Mateo Superior Court website. But the reason such a theory is so laughable is - do you think Elon Musk would really fire someone for making such statements in the press?

11. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

#52 Palpatine, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
    Huh? What are you talking about Darryl?

Correction: I didn't read enough of the rest of the thread. I understand now.

12. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

The old post from "Picasso" (possibly on the previous page of the thread if you are on default settings):

13. siry

siry Member

The ABG header makes it sound like my full time job :)

I'm going to be doing a "weekly" column, which should run on Tuesdays. If anyone wants to suggest story ideas feel free to hit me up on twitter (@djsiry)

Darryl

14. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Your thoughts on the public charging- cars- chicken- egg problem.

15. siry

siry Member

@vfx - I'm actually working on something like that, but I'm not sure what it will evolve to.

16. ESdude

ESdude Member

Darryl,

Another, more investigative idea: relationship between LI battery production capacity, rate of innovation, government involvement, major companies in play, etc.

For example: when couple of years back LI battery production was running at 100% capacity there were practically no battery improvements implemented due to companies had no reasons to innovate.