Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Siry Resigns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greentech Media: Green Light Blog Archive Orthogonal Vectors

Darryl Siry Guest Blogger
Orthogonal Vectors
February 20, 2009 at 3:55 PM

When I decided to leave Tesla last October, I didn’t know what I was going to do next, and I had very little time to figure it out. I had committed to myself to make my exit as smooth as possible for the benefit of the company and there was a lot of work to be done, leaving no time for planning next steps.

Talent drain causes auto industry concerns - PRWeek US

He says he left Tesla late last year for reasons unrelated to the economy, but he agrees that there are “a lot of opportunities for others to poach talent as the industry continues to struggle.”

“As communicators, one of the nice things is we have a fairly transportable skill set,” he adds.

For the moment, the communications function for the auto industry is in “perpetual crisis communications,” Siry says, but they will have to learn to adapt.

Interesting...

From dpeilow's link:

He ultimately parted ways with the company when the board opted to take deposits on the Model S sedans before having secured the funding to assemble the cars.

“It wasn't a whistle-blower situation just because there was a disagreement,” Siry notes. “Tesla has been forthright about what [it's] doing.”

lol that was the reason? That's hardly a reason to leave the company alone, there has to be more. It's not like Tesla did anything underhanded -- heck the raising of Roadster prices is more questionable than how open Tesla has been about the Model S reservations and the stipulations that go along with it.

@Picasso the lawsuits had nothing to do with it. That was just a false story leaked to valleywag, probably by an ex-employee who was angry about how things were handled in Jan 2008. For starters, the status of all those legal proceedings can be seen on the San Mateo Superior Court website. But the reason such a theory is so laughable is - do you think Elon Musk would really fire someone for making such statements in the press?

@Picasso the lawsuits had nothing to do with it. That was just a false story leaked to valleywag, probably by an ex-employee who was angry about how things were handled in Jan 2008. For starters, the status of all those legal proceedings can be seen on the San Mateo Superior Court website. But the reason such a theory is so laughable is - do you think Elon Musk would really fire someone for making such statements in the press?

Huh? What are you talking about Darryl?

Correction: I didn't read enough of the rest of the thread. I understand now.

Last edited:
Darryl,

Another, more investigative idea: relationship between LI battery production capacity, rate of innovation, government involvement, major companies in play, etc.

For example: when couple of years back LI battery production was running at 100% capacity there were practically no battery improvements implemented due to companies had no reasons to innovate.